Disney Premier Visa card- anyone upgrading?

I just ordered the new card! I pay off the balance every month and usually end up with several hundred dollars to use each year in Disney!

I had just booked a trip for this Nov. a couple weeks ago. I was going to cancel that ressie (without penalty) and book it again under the new card to get 5%. Can I put more $ on the trip in the next three months to earn 5%? If something happens between now and when the full amount is due... I think sometime is Oct... can I get a refund if I need to cancel? Of course, I do not plan on canceling but the trip is far off and things can change. Thanks!

I would recommend booking the new reservation first to ensure you can get the same rate/package as you have before cancelling the original.

For anyone who is interested, you can look at your year-end summary online. It breaks your spending down by months and also by categories. Just choose "see statements" and then scroll to the bottom of the page for "Year End Summary". Choose the year you want to look at. My 2011 summary was 14 pages long!

[/LIST]

THANK YOU!:thumbsup2

Paying a fee to have a credit card goes against my sensibilities! DH said no way. I went thru the charges and looked at how they classified groceries and then went back and looked at the statement when they offered 3 % bonus, the grocery I use was classified then as "other" so no extra points. On the year end statement it is classified differently.

I've heard that DCL will not qualify for the 2% category. Can anybody say what they've heard?

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Disney’s Premier Visa Cardmembers earn 2% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars on card purchases at restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations and at most Disney locations at Walt Disney World Resort, the Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Store.

Here is the link...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-visa-card-launches-with-8-exclusive-designs/

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Disney’s Premier Visa Cardmembers earn 2% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars on card purchases at restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations and at most Disney locations at Walt Disney World Resort, the Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Store.

Here is link...

Yes, but the customer service reps and their supervisors have been saying that this counts for items purchased within their resorts, not for the vacation package itself. I've seen posts by at least two people where they had received contradictory information from Chase CSRs on this point.

Yes, but the customer service reps and their supervisors have been saying that this counts for items purchased within their resorts, not for the vacation package itself. I've seen posts by at least two people where they had received contradictory information from Chase CSRs on this point.

See the official Disney response to Comment 29 under that blog posting:

Christopher, Disney cruises and vacation packages booked through Disney (either by you or your travel agent) do qualify for 2% earn.

Does anyone know how to tell by looking at your account online if the upgrade has been made? I upgraded last Thursday. There's still no charge for the $49 showing nor is there any way that I can tell if it's been done. Any idea???

Does anyone know how to tell by looking at your account online if the upgrade has been made? I upgraded last Thursday. There's still no charge for the $49 showing nor is there any way that I can tell if it's been done. Any idea???

I was wondering the same thing. I also upgraded online last week & my account makes no indication of this, and no annual fee charged as of yet. I'm anxious!

I was wondering the same thing. I also upgraded online last week & my account makes no indication of this, and no annual fee charged as of yet. I'm anxious!

The brochure that I received says that they will send a letter explaining the fee, when it will apply, and allow you to change your mind. So it seems like an acceptance is required before the change takes place.

I also asked about mis-categorized purchases (groceries from Target). They said that you can call the number on the card to report the discrepancies. I'm not sure how easy it will be for them to make the changes.

Thinking about doing the upgrade. Also thinking about going to Wal-Mart and Kroger and buying gift cards during the first three months where I can get the 5% and have my groceries paid in advance for two to three months. Not to mention the Disney cards I will stash away!

I upgraded Monday night.The representative told me that the new card rates will become active this Friday and the 5% promotional fee will begin that day as well. I booked BLT 2 bedroom villa back in Oct the second it was available with a $200.00 deposit. I asked specifically if this would count towards a vacation reservation and was told as long as it was a disney owned hotel withen Disney it would. I called back Tuesday and received the same info.

I just called again, the representative again confirmed it does apply to reservations at Disneyworld. :cool1:

Thinking about doing the upgrade. Also thinking about going to Wal-Mart and Kroger and buying gift cards during the first three months where I can get the 5% and have my groceries paid in advance for two to three months. Not to mention the Disney cards I will stash away!

Do they count Walmart as a grocery store? :confused3 I do *most* of my grocery shopping there, so I hope it does, but for some reason I thought they didn't count it as grocery.

Walmart is not a grocery store on my end of year summary. I do a lot of my shopping there too.

However, I have heard that if you go to a SUPER walmart and check out on the grocery side then it is listed as grocery. We do not have a super walmart (yet), so I have no first hand experience with it.

Walmart is not a grocery store on my end of year summary. I do a lot of my shopping there too.

However, I have heard that if you go to a SUPER walmart and check out on the grocery side then it is listed as grocery. We do not have a super walmart (yet), so I have no first hand experience with it.

Thanks....that's interesting about checking out on the grocery side.

I didn't know there were any "regular" Walmarts left anymore! Does having the groceries make it "super"? My MIL has 2 by her house that are called Walmart "Markets" and they are JUST food, but I don't think I've been in one without food since college....and that was awhile ago! :rotfl:

Most of my groceries are bought at Super Walmart and all of my Walmart purchases were classified as grocery on my year end statement.

We have a SuperWalmart and all of mine were classified as grocery as well...all $14,800 worth according to the statement I just looked at!!! Geez my kids are gonna have to stop eating so much! LOL Well, it might not all be food..but still..ugghh that number is ridiculous! But, I guess I'm definitely upgrading since my gas was more than half that much!

Do you think it's possible to upgrade and then later on go back to the free card? Just thinking out loud.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter