Disney Premier Visa card- anyone upgrading?

Just verified that "most Disney locations" for bonus includes Disney resorts and cruises so we're upgrading since we're cruising in March.

Hey, an FYI--I just called to upgrade and apparently you have to have had the card for 12 months to qualify. Just passing along what I learned.

Hey, an FYI--I just called to upgrade and apparently you have to have had the card for 12 months to qualify. Just passing along what I learned.

Aghhh! Thank you for posting this! I kept trying to upgrade online and it said "unable to process at this time". I got my card in February last year so that explains it. Guess I'll wait a few weeks.

Just verified that "most Disney locations" for bonus includes Disney resorts and cruises so we're upgrading since we're cruising in March.

Yay! We have 2 trips in March, so the balances on the resorts should qualify for sure. I will let everyone know how my other purchases there come up - for example I am getting tix for DH & DSs through DH's convention at a discount, but they're still purchased on the Disney website, so not sure how that will pan out. I will also renew my AP at Guest Relations. I'll report back on what dining/shopping locations are included as well.

Remember, if you have a Chase Freedom card, you get 5% back (in cash) on gas purchases 6 months out of the year in 2012, and 1% in the other 6 months, for a 3% average cash back. Compare that with the 2% year round rewards in a gift card form for the Premier. Same thing with the Target Visa ... 5% off in cash instantly there. Make sure you analyze the opportunity cost of not taking advantage of better rewards cards.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm sticking to my "no annual" fee cards for the 5% categories, and the 2%/3% all the time categories, with occasional big ticket items going to my current Disney Visa. The rewards cash then goes into my ING account (such as it is) and can be spent on anything involved in our Disney trips, not just "Disney related" items. :thumbsup2

How do you know what qualifies as a grocery store?

There are a few independently owned grocery stores in my area that we go to every so often. I'd want to know if they count before I go!

I don't know if there's a "master list" that you can call & get or not. On my year-end statement it breaks all my purchases down into each category, so from that I can see the places I have already used, and what they fall under.

I did about 15 hours ago :D

I have a trip to Disney planned for May '12 (had to change from August) so when I start paying on it and all that, plus I plan to use my card for almost everything and pay it off at the end of the month :)

I don't know if there's a "master list" that you can call & get or not. On my year-end statement it breaks all my purchases down into each category, so from that I can see the places I have already used, and what they fall under.

I got my year end list as well. Funny thing is when they did the 4% bonus rewards last year they had Kroger listed as "other" on the form it says grocery. It also put a $2000 charge to Art of Disney under Entertainment and not Disney. Edible Arrangements were under Home Improvement.

UGH ceecee that's frustrating when you're in a bonus period! There had been a lengthy thread on how they catgeorize things a few months ago. I do believe some people had luck calling & disputing the category their charges fell into, in order to re-calculate bonus points.

I want the card but my only hestitation is that my current card says Day 1 and DVC member wondering if my new card will say that as well!!

Anyone find out if the cruises are still 6 months intrest free?

I want the card but my only hestitation is that my current card says Day 1 and DVC member wondering if my new card will say that as well!!

I dunno about Day 1 but I asked about my new card saying DVC and they said it would. So I hope that answers 1/3 of your questions :P

Where can I find the break down of categories charged last year on the chase site? I know I had an e-mail about it but didn't know about the new card then so I deleted it.

We were wondering the same thing but ours says Day 1 and Charter Member. We think it should since our account number is not supposed to change.

Where can I find the break down of categories charged last year on the chase site? I know I had an e-mail about it but didn't know about the new card then so I deleted it.

You can find the categories you charged to on your year end statement. It can be found online under "see statements" then pick "year end 2011."

We were wondering the same thing but ours says Day 1 and Charter Member. We think it should since our account number is not supposed to change.

My current red Mickey head Disney VISA also says Day 1 Charter Member. I upgraded earlier this week so as soon as the new card comes I'll let you know!

i did our upgrade on Friday. we've been thinking about switching to the chase freedom to get the 5% cash back, but we are in the middle of a re-fi and I don't want to apply for a new credit card until it is closed. we charge so much in the 2% categories it will more than make up for the annual fee, and then we'll look into the freedom card later in the year once we make enough back to recoup more than the fee.

Last Thursday I applied, and was immediately approved, for the new Premier card (I chose not to upgrade, but rather apply for another). Today I went online and the new Premier account is all setup and ready to go! I bet my new card is in the mail!:banana:

If we have a single card account with two cards (myself and my wife), we only pay one $49 annual fee, correct?

No. My Fidelity Amex gives us 2% on ALL purchases all the time and has no fee.

There are not too many places that don't take Amex anymore, but I do have a Visa for those occasions.

I will just save up my 2% rewards from Fidelity and use that for my Disney vacations. I rarely even use my Disney card anymore. What value is $200 in Disney dollars when I can have $400 in cash to use at Disney?

I don't know what "categories" are 2% but I hate playing that categories game.....just give me a strait 2%!

Dawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter