Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Settlement reached in lawsuit between Disney and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ allies
In a meeting, the members of the board of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District approved the settlement agreement, ending almost two years of litigation that was sparked by DeSantis’ takeover of the district from Disney supporters following the company’s opposition to Florida’s so-called “Don’t Say Gay” law.

Under the terms of Wednesday’s settlement agreement, Disney lets stand a determination by the board of DeSantis-appointees that the comprehensive plan approved by the Disney supporters before the takeover are null and void. Disney also agrees that a development agreement and restrictive covenants passed before the takeover are also not valid, according to the settlement terms.

Instead, a comprehensive plan from 2020 will be used with the new board able to make changes to it, and the agreement suggests Disney and the new board will negotiate a new development agreement in the near future.

Settlement reached in lawsuit between Disney and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ allies
In a meeting, the members of the board of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District approved the settlement agreement, ending almost two years of litigation that was sparked by DeSantis’ takeover of the district from Disney supporters following the company’s opposition to Florida’s so-called “Don’t Say Gay” law.

Under the terms of Wednesday’s settlement agreement, Disney lets stand a determination by the board of DeSantis-appointees that the comprehensive plan approved by the Disney supporters before the takeover are null and void. Disney also agrees that a development agreement and restrictive covenants passed before the takeover are also not valid, according to the settlement terms.

Instead, a comprehensive plan from 2020 will be used with the new board able to make changes to it, and the agreement suggests Disney and the new board will negotiate a new development agreement in the near future.
Hopefully this allows real important work to happen and doesn’t hamper WDW. Such a waste of time and energy. Should have left Reedy Creek alone. Don’t bother replying to me about the evils of that configuration. I will not entertain responses. Feel free to post to the ether though.

Yeah, while I don't love the idea of settling, at some point you have to move on. Iger has probably been quietly working the problem and gotten it to a state they can live with, even if the entire exercise was ridiculous from the start. That is where his strength lies.
I don’t view it as giving in. It was pretty much a no win situation for both sides. I think Disney has been trying to negotiate, but it wasn’t even feasible in the other side until recently.

I don’t view it as giving in. It was pretty much a no win situation for both sides. I think Disney has been trying to negotiate, but it wasn’t even feasible in the other side until recently.

Hopefully some of these board changes too will include folks who aren't such hardliners. I know they are still the governor's people, but hopefully they can tone things down a bit. We'll see.

90 New Buses Coming to Walt Disney World Fleet
Transportation cast are ‘wheely’ excited to welcome 90 new buses to our Walt Disney World fleet! Rolling out in 2024, guests can travel in style as many of the new buses feature brand-new wraps with characters from fan-favorite films like Zootopia and Ratatouille … some of which you’ll see our cast members driving today with even MORE debuting throughout the year. Be sure to keep an eye out!

90 New Buses Coming to Walt Disney World Fleet
Transportation cast are ‘wheely’ excited to welcome 90 new buses to our Walt Disney World fleet! Rolling out in 2024, guests can travel in style as many of the new buses feature brand-new wraps with characters from fan-favorite films like Zootopia and Ratatouille … some of which you’ll see our cast members driving today with even MORE debuting throughout the year. Be sure to keep an eye out!

Technically 90 new rides coming to WDW.

But how many of them are replacing existing ones?
I thought I read somewhere that a large number of existing buses are being taken out of service due to age, and many of the new buses will be replacing them. Don't remember which article I saw... may one of the earlier ones on this thread.

Disney Eats: Earth Month Foodie Guide
Earth Month is about to kick off in a couple days on April 1. To celebrate, our talented culinary teams and mixologists have put their creative minds to work bringing delicious creations to life. Over at Walt Disney World Resort, you’ll be able to embrace the beauty of our planet through delicious flavors, both new and returning.

All April long, give your taste buds a treat with new bites, such as the Raindrop Tart from The Mara and The Plant in the Boot Petit Cake from Amorette’s Patisserie, and items coming back like the Elephant Cupcake at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

Well, I don’t know about you but now I’m excited (and hungry). Let’s waste no more time and get right into the Foodie Guide for Earth Month at Walt Disney World Resort!

Honeycomb Mousse and Wazi Waze

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park

Creature Comforts (Available April 1 through 30)

• Honeycomb Mousse: Honey mousse on top of a brownie base with sugar bees and white chocolate honeycomb
Dawa Bar

• Wazi Waze: Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Bols Blue Curaçao Liqueur, sour mix, and pineapple juice garnished with a pineapple wedge (New)
Nomad Lounge (Available April 1 through 30)

• The Pachyderm and the Pollinator: Cruxland Gin, bitters, and soda water with a lemon wheel and honey simple syrup (New)
Elephant Cupcake

Pizzafari (Available April 1 through 30)

• Elephant Cupcake: An edible white chocolate elephant atop a graham cracker cupcake with pineapple filling and a jungle of matcha buttercream and crispy pearls
Restaurantosaurus

• Elephant Cupcake: An edible white chocolate elephant atop a graham cracker cupcake with pineapple filling and a jungle of matcha buttercream and crispy pearls
Terra Treats (Currently available at Terra Treats)

• Roasted Mushroom and Leek Pizza: IMPOSSIBLE meatballs, roasted mushrooms, braised leeks, and a dash of truffle oil (Plant-based)
Zucchini Carpaccio and The Pachyderm and the Pollinator

Tiffins Restaurant (Available April 1 through 30)

• Zucchini Carpaccio: “The Land” zucchini, marinated tomatoes, candied pistachios, castelvetrano olives, golden raisins, plant-based feta, pomegranate molasses, and crispy sweet potato (Plant-based) (New)
  • The Pachyderm and the Pollinator: Cruxland Gin, bitters, and soda water with a lemon wheel and honey simple syrup (New)
Available at Bars and Beverage Carts Throughout the Park (Currently available)

• Honey Bee Citrus Blonde Ale
  • Tiger Eye Gold Ale
Raindrop Tart

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge

The Mara (Available April 1 through 30; mobile order available)

• Raindrop Tart: Chocolate cake, pistachio crumb, passion fruit gel, vanilla cheesecake, and white chocolate mousse (New)
The Plant in The Boot Petit Cake

Disney Springs

Amorette’s Patisserie (Available April 1 through 30; mobile order available)

• The Plant in The Boot Petit Cake: Layers of carrot cake, cream cheese mousse, and pineapple jam(New)
As part of Disney Planet Possible, we’re dedicated to reducing our environmental footprint, supporting conservation efforts and finding ways for us all to take part in the magic of nature this Earth Month. Stay tuned for stories of how we’re taking action to change our planet’s story all month long on the Disney Parks Blog. Continue your support of the planet beyond just the month of April and be sure to take your own foodie adventures all throughout Disney Parks – the possibilities are endless.

Want to stay up to date on all the tasty tidbits? Check out our Disney Eats topics page and be sure to follow us @DisneyEats on Instagram and Facebook.

This is probably why they settled. I think they needed this out of the way to work on the expansions that continue to be widely rumored. So hopefully it's an indication of good stuff to come!
I am going to assume those of us on this forum read and post because we love going to WDW. I see/read many posts on who won-- I DO NOT CARE. All I care about is now that there is the basis of a settlement, Disney will fulfill promises on WDW improvements. I am not getting any younger and want to enjoy Beyond Thunder Mountain and AK Dinosaur revision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter