Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCL News:

Early Booking Dates Shifted for South Pacific, Hawaii Disney Cruise Line Sailings

Disney Cruise Line has shifted their early booking dates for next year’s sailings through the South Pacific and around the islands of Hawaii due to operational impacts from Hurricane Ian.

The sailings will open to all guests on Thursday, October 13. Here are the new early booking dates:
  • Monday, Oct. 10, 2022: Platinum Castaway Club Members & Golden Oak Members
  • Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2022: Gold Castaway Club Members
  • Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2022: Silver Castaway Club Members, eligible Disney Vacation Club Members and Adventure Insiders
  • Thursday, Oct. 13, 2022: All Guests

These will be Disney Cruise Line’s first South Pacific sailings.

Last edited:

Tokyo Disney News:

Character High-Fives and Autographs Return to Tokyo Disney Resort, Hugs Still Not Allowed

Starting October 1, guests at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea meeting characters at greeting spots are allowed once again to high-five characters, as well as request character autographs. Cast Members are vigilantly enforcing hand sanitizer protocols before guests may proceed to the character to compensate.

The yellow lines in place around the character to maintain a 2m (6ft) distance during photos must still be respected, the character will come to the line rather than guests crossing. Additionally, guests must still stand 6ft apart from the character they meet during photos. Masks may be removed during photos as of early September.

Hugs are still not allowed, and at all times except for a brief high-five or handing over autograph books, guests must still remain separated from characters by 2 meters.

How long is the Epcot 40th anniversary? Is it just a couple days? I saw the food was available for a few days I was hoping they would still be celebrating in December.

How long is the Epcot 40th anniversary? Is it just a couple days? I saw the food was available for a few days I was hoping they would still be celebrating in December.

I'm hoping they still have some of the merch available in the park for a little longer. I missed the 30th by a few weeks but was still able to grab a bunch of stuff at Mouse Gear (now Creations Shop) at the time

I'm hoping they still have some of the merch available in the park for a little longer. I missed the 30th by a few weeks but was still able to grab a bunch of stuff at Mouse Gear (now Creations Shop) at the time
Some of the merchandise is on shopdisney.com already. None of the limited edition pins or anything, but Shirts, Hoodie, Statue, ornament, etc are there

was a successful morning. :) the store was a madhouse. I just wanted a pin! lol. but getting there around 8am netted us only a half hour wait in line to get in the store. 3-4 hours is nuts! also, long live the self-checkout thingie!

we then waited 20 min for a spin on TestTrack and walked-on to Spaceship Earth for some nostalgia then left the park to go grab some victory beignets and a nap. 8-)

Happy Birthday Epcot!

IMG_20221001_131007_737.jpg

Kiliminjaro Safari Goat Enclosure damaged by Ian

F1888422-F1F1-4F48-BEF3-C5423CC66C04.jpeg

A couple of trees broke through the fence at Kilimanjaro Safari’s. The goats were not out on display and we’re back stage.

There were some fell trees throughout the safari and they’re still working to clean up. The male elephant and warthogs were also not on display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter