• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annual Passholder-Exclusive Orange Bird Magnet Now Available at Disney Springs

A new complimentary Orange Bird magnetis now available at Disney Springs, exclusively to Walt Disney World Annual Passholders. Passholders can join a virtual queue for picking up the magnet via My Disney Experience.
orange-bird-magnet-878x1200.png

orange-bird-magnet-3-1200x900.jpg

Passholders must have their Annual Pass and a photo ID to present to Cast Members.
orange-bird-magnet-9-1200x900.jpg

A section of Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories is blocked off for magnet distribution.
orange-bird-magnet-8-1200x900.jpg

Along with the magnet, Passholders get a scavenger hunt map and instructions on how to use an AR lens on their magnet.
orange-bird-magnet-13-1200x900.jpg
I wish they would go back to shipping magnets to your home again. I'm an out of state AP holder that won't be in Florida anytime soon. :( I get why they're doing it this way but I'm still a little bummed out.

I wish they would go back to shipping magnets to your home again. I'm an out of state AP holder that won't be in Florida anytime soon. :( I get why they're doing it this way but I'm still a little bummed out.
Agreed. When we go to Disney, it’s very rare we venture over to Disney Springs… it will be inconvenient on our upcoming trip, but I love the magnets, so I guess we’ll try to make an effort to head over.

That was only because of Covid they did that, and not everyone even got them that were suppose. Shipping costs alot more. Maybe they should make an option that you can pay for shipping if you want it shipped.

That was only because of Covid they did that, and not everyone even got them that were suppose. Shipping costs alot more. Maybe they should make an option that you can pay for shipping if you want it shipped.
Yeah I get it. If there was an option to do that, then that would be great. But I'm not going to do a trip JUST to get a magnet lol. For now, I'll have to pass. Hope another magnet comes out when I'll be there in December.

Agreed. When we go to Disney, it’s very rare we venture over to Disney Springs… it will be inconvenient on our upcoming trip, but I love the magnets, so I guess we’ll try to make an effort to head over.
Ditto

I might be the only person willing to do so but I would pay for shipping

Disney Cruise Line Increases Recommended Gratuity Guidelines

Since our very first sailing, Guests have told us how much they enjoy their interactions with the Crew Members. Providing world-class service and creating life-long memories for our Guests are among the most common comments we receive.

In recognition of all that they do, we have increased our recommended gratuity guidelines for select positions. The recommended increase is $0.25 per person/per day for the Assistant Dining Room Server, Dining Room Server, Dining Room Head Server and Stateroom Host/Hostess. The total recommended gratuity is $14.50 per person/per day based on the length of the cruise.

For Concierge Guests we have added the Assistant Stateroom Host/Hostess position to our recommended gratuities. The recommended gratuity is $15.50 per person/per day based on the length of the cruise for Concierge Guests. Additionally, our Concierge Guests often ask for guidance regarding gratuities for the Concierge Lounge Team. As a suggestion, we recommend $8 per Guest/per day for the voyage, but it is always up to the Guest to determine what they feel is appropriate.

Please note, gratuity amounts for Guests who added pre-paid gratuities to their reservation prior to July 2, 2022, will be protected.

Annual Passholder-Exclusive Orange Bird Magnet Now Available at Disney Springs

A new complimentary Orange Bird magnetis now available at Disney Springs, exclusively to Walt Disney World Annual Passholders. Passholders can join a virtual queue for picking up the magnet via My Disney Experience.
orange-bird-magnet-878x1200.png

orange-bird-magnet-3-1200x900.jpg

Passholders must have their Annual Pass and a photo ID to present to Cast Members.
orange-bird-magnet-9-1200x900.jpg

A section of Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories is blocked off for magnet distribution.
orange-bird-magnet-8-1200x900.jpg

Along with the magnet, Passholders get a scavenger hunt map and instructions on how to use an AR lens on their magnet.
orange-bird-magnet-13-1200x900.jpg
I wish they didn’t make getting a magnet so complicated.
Why a virtual queue!??

Agreed. We're out of state APs who were there just last week so narrowly missed out. 😢

The only ones ever mailed out were the logo magnets when you purchased/renewed, Tinkerbell as a thank you for your patience during Covid and the Orange Bird with the old passholder design that was supposed to be for the 2020 flower & garden

I personally love distributing them at springs vs parks as at Epcot during festivals or DAK with the Simba magnet I’ve waited anywhere between 5-25 mins for a magnet

The only ones ever mailed out were the logo magnets when you purchased/renewed, Tinkerbell as a thank you for your patience during Covid and the Orange Bird with the old passholder design that was supposed to be for the 2020 flower & garden

I personally love distributing them at springs vs parks as at Epcot during festivals or DAK with the Simba magnet I’ve waited anywhere between 5-25 mins for a magnet
Hmm, weird. I thought it was more than that but now that you mention it I do remember getting some of the ones currently on my fridge at Epcot. I would still be fine with an option to have them mailed if you had to pay for shipping.

I agree with that. Those massive Epcot lines for a magnet were terrible for AP holders and people trying to walk around Future World.

Hmm, weird. I thought it was more than that but now that you mention it I do remember getting some of the ones currently on my fridge at Epcot. I would still be fine with an option to have them mailed if you had to pay for shipping.

I agree with that. Those massive Epcot lines for a magnet were terrible for AP holders and people trying to walk around Future World.
2 pickup locations would probably be a good way to accomodate the most people - plus, of course, the shipping option! But honestly, it's a magnet. It only takes the 2 oz stamp (same as for a wedding invitation). We ship magnets for the non-profit I work for, so we do this all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter