Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneyland Prepares for Magic Key Renewals

Disneyland appears to be preparing its website to offer Magic Key renewals soon. Twitter user Chris Glass spotted a test earlier today on the Disneyland website of a waiting room for Magic Key renewals. The test didn’t lead anywhere, but it looks like the frustrating wait for Magic Key Passholders for renewal news could be over soon. During periods of anticipated high traffic to the website, Disneyland sets up waiting rooms to manage demand on its servers. The screenshot below shows the test that Glass experienced briefly.

magic-key-renewal-test.jpg

Edit: I meant to quote the Magic Key thing. 🙈

Okay, this time I’m definitely not getting my hopes up.

Disney Skyliner Refurbishment Announced

Guests staying at a Disney Resort Hotel along the Skyliner in late January will want to keep reading about an upcoming refurbishment. Walt Disney World has just announced that all lines of the Disney Skyliner will be closed for routine maintenance Jan. 22-29, 2023. Disney is conducting routine maintenance in order to maintain the highest quality standards.

During this time Bus transportation will be available at all Disney Skyliner Resorts throughout the planned closure so Guests can reach their desired destinations across Walt Disney World.

This is similar to the refurbishment that was scheduled for earlier this year (January 23rd, 2022 through January 28th, 2022). However, for 2023 it will be across ALL lines whereas the 2022 refurbishment was just on the line between Disney’s Caribbean Beach and EPCOT.

So will room rates at the Skyliner resorts be discounted that week since you're paying to stay at a Skyliner resort but can't use it?

DFB seemed to enjoy the green stuff on the “Italian” Hero…

Full Review of the LUNCH Menu at the New BoardWalk Deli in Disney World

Then it was time for a classic sandwich you may have had many times at many other places — the Italian Sub. This is priced at $11.49 and features Capicola, Soppressata, Pepperoni, Provolone, Arugula, Tomato, Arugula Pesto, and Mayonnaise on Ciabatta, served with your choice of Side.

Again, Disney did NOT skimp on the meat here, which was great! We really enjoyed each of the different meat options included in the sandwich. They all provided a great flavor to the sandwich as a whole.

It is very much your traditional Italian sub*, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing if an Italian sub is just what you’re craving.
There was a pretty good amount of pesto on the sandwich, but we would have preferred a touch more.

*I Bolded that part. 😏
I’ll give it this, it’s cheaper than the Italian sub I get from the deli down the road in NJ multiple times a week 😂

A Grand Opening, a Temporary Closure, and Other Big Disney Restaurant Changes

In the past few days alone, BoardWalk Deli has officially opened at Disney’s BoardWalk, and Kona Cafe has closed for refurbishment at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. On top of that, several menu changes have arrived in Disney World and Disneyland Resort, and we’ve got the full list!

*click link to view
I hope they make Kona better again. I've loved it, and then hated it 3 times after that.

Toyko Dining -
  • REMOVED Spicy Calamari Tempura, Adedashi Tofu, Salmon Poke Bowl, Sunomono Salad, Bento Box, Dragon Monster Roll, Rainbow Roll, Seared Tuna Roll, Sunshine Salmon Roll, Citrus Shrimp Roll, Yuzu Ginger Roll, Avocado Roll, Salmon Avocado Roll, Cucumber Roll, Shrimp Tempura Roll, Eel Cucumber Roll, Gomuku Deluxe Nabeyaki Udon, Vegetable Nabeyaki Udon, Shrimp and Crab Tempura, Seafood Yuzu Shio Ramen, Nagasaki Sara Udon
  • ADDED! Yuzu Lemonade, Ichigo Colada
!!!! What's left?!?

Maybe they are thinking traditional to Italy, not traditional to New England/Northeast area of the US :rotfl2:
It's not traditional to Italy. That would be more like a caprese sandwich with prosciutto - which is absolutely amazing.

Toyko Dining -
  • REMOVED Spicy Calamari Tempura, Adedashi Tofu, Salmon Poke Bowl, Sunomono Salad, Bento Box, Dragon Monster Roll, Rainbow Roll, Seared Tuna Roll, Sunshine Salmon Roll, Citrus Shrimp Roll, Yuzu Ginger Roll, Avocado Roll, Salmon Avocado Roll, Cucumber Roll, Shrimp Tempura Roll, Eel Cucumber Roll, Gomuku Deluxe Nabeyaki Udon, Vegetable Nabeyaki Udon, Shrimp and Crab Tempura, Seafood Yuzu Shio Ramen, Nagasaki Sara Udon
  • ADDED! Yuzu Lemonade, Ichigo Colada
!!!! What's left?!?
Hopefully they’ll start selling REAL Northeast Deli Style Italian Heroes 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter