• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney for DD’s 16th with her 6 GFs: Are you Stupid Nuts? (Updated: The End)

I just found your latest TR and wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of your sad loss.

My sincere thoughts are with you and your daughter.

Time to get back on track. My next post will be the continuation of the trip report where the kids see the GV for the first time. To let you know, DD and I are doing fine. I can’t begin to thank everyone for the thoughts, prayers and pixie dust sent our way. I know I did not respond to your individual best wishes which really bothers me but I am truly overwhelmed. I should have, but please accept my apology and heartfelt thanks to all of you for thinking of us. This is a special community. Do me a favor. Everyone take your left arm and put it behind your waist on the right side. Then take your right arm and do the same to your left waist. Squeeze really hard. That is a hug from DD and me.

I am returning to the trip report because I want DD and her friends to be able to have a remembrance of the trip, plus it has therapeutic value and, DD’s mom would want to read it.

The flowers that Mom and Aunt sent.
IMG_6173-2.jpg

DD saved some and is in the process of drying them out to keep.
IMG_6174-2.jpg

This is hard to read but the note said there was a special surprise if you looked at all the petals. They had a Mickey bauble tied around one of the stems.
IMG_6179-1.jpg

Up next: The fun continues

When I last posted the TR, I was starting to enjoy our Grand Villa. This place is amazing. I spent time in a number of hotels, including almost every place at WDW (SSR and BLT being the only exceptions) but this by far is the best room I ever spent on a vacation. The only downside is a 1BR could be a letdown from now on. Much like the letdown feeling of a regular Disney room after staying in a 1 BR. Did it take the place of THE ROOM in my heart? If you stay in THE ROOM, don’t say this to it but yes, it is not even close. We will stay in a GV again.

The view from the lower floor balcony. MY balcony.
IMG_6171-2.jpg

IMG_6172-2.jpg

IMG_6168-2.jpg

The view from MY bedroom. I kept the shades open at night so I would wake up seeing the Yacht/Beach club
IMG_6170-2.jpg

Anyway, I called bell services and the bags were on their way. The kids were not far behind me after finishing tea. I turned on MY HUGE HDTV and sat down on the couch when I heard the fumbling of a key in the door. Dumb me did not have the camera ready.

The kids came in and the expression on their faces was priceless. Talk about shock and awe. I expect it was the same one that was on my face when I first opened the door. Again, why don’t they have a photopass photographer there. They took a second or two, confused on what to do next and then they ran on mass up the stairs. One of them said, “This is better than my house.” DD was in the lead claiming mine, mine, mine (to the other poster I did not get one of the shirts, should have thought of it.) She, 1 and 2 claimed the second bedroom relegating the rest of them to what I referred to as the servants’ quarters. Not bad servants’ quarters.

They came downstairs again as a herd to explore the first floor. Some of them approached the line that cannot be crossed. I barked, “YOU SHALL NOT PASS.” I told everyone they needed to back away from MY room and the rules were then explained. You may look at the Master Room and Bath this one time but afterward, that is MY RELM. You have to use the bathroom or take a shower, I do not care if there is a line out the door, you will go upstairs. There will be no cosmetics in MY bathroom. The community area is going to stay free of stuff and be kept clean. Other than that, they were free to enjoy.

Bell services came and before they were allowed to play, they had to take their bags to the room, put away the food stuff and someone had to get ice. 6 and 4 volunteered and were sent out with the ice bucket. Much giggling and music playing was going on upstairs. They were changing clothes. For what? You will see in a bit. After an eternity (15 minutes of so), 4 and 6 come back with no ice. “There is no ice machine on this floor.” Instead of sending them out again with orders not to come back alive without ice, I let them go upstairs so they could also change. I got ice instead. The ice machine was two or three doors down from our room.

Pointed this fact out to them later. These kids are super smart and they can’t get ice? I like 4’s expression in the picture. I had them pace it off and it was 48 steps from the room. They must have gone down the hallway to hell all the way to the Inn side in search of ice. Teenagers are a pain but hilarious sometimes. Not the first or last time I got a chuckle out of their antics.
IMG_6458.jpg

So, you may be curious in what outfits they were changing into. Bathing suits. BATHING SUITS? ARE THEY STUPID NUTS? IT IS JANUARY AND YOU LIVE IN FLORIDA. GOING SWIMMING IS SOMETHING WE FLORIDIANS DO NOT DO IN JANUARY. DD’s response was, “We are going to the hot tub.” OK, whatever, I am making a cocktail and watching TV on MY HUGE HDTV. Look, a life size Stacey and top Disney must sees. An eternity later and after DD and 1 were the last down (a recurring theme) they departed for the pool. Stupid kids, stupid Judy.

Not much on MY HUGE HDTV so I decided for giggles see what the kids were doing. Got to the pool and they are going down the slide. Again I ask, IN JANUARY? They were however having a ball. Oh, to be young and stupid again. Here are a few not very focused pics. I had to use the zoom because I wasn’t going anywhere near the water.

IMG_6181-1.jpg

IMG_6182-1.jpg

A couple of times the life guard yelled at them not to slide down together. They explained that the light was green when they went down the slide and one caught up with the other. I told them to count to five after the light turned green before launching. I knew from experience because this happened to me one time at the water parks. I was going down a slide and the person in front of me decided he wasn’t into going down a water slide. He had his hands and feet splayed on the sides to do his best to go down as slowly as possible. Turned around a curve and here is this guy inching his way down the ride. Tried to hit the brakes but we still hit pretty hard. He looked at me and was about to say something but I preemptively said, “Are you stupid nuts?” Well, in order of full disclosure that wasn’t exactly what I said, I did use non Disney approved language.

IMG_6183-1.jpg

IMG_6186-1.jpg

I mentioned to the BW lifeguard if they cause any problems he has my permission to put them to work scrubbing the pool, picking up garbage or any crummy tasks that needed to be done. He had a chuckle. He thought I was kidding but of course I wasn’t.

IMG_6187-1.jpg

IMG_6189-1.jpg

Before I took this picture, I walked over to the hot tub to again chastise them for being in water in January. So what do I find? Three of them have cell phones or other electronic devices while they were in the hot tub! One of them was texting! In a hot tub! Nearly half of the group thought it was a good idea to bring electronics in a hot tub! I was too incredulous to think to take a picture of someone texting in water.

Made them fork over the electronics and I put them in my pocket. When asked what I was going to do with their precious little items, I told them they were going with me to the room. A collective scream, NOOOOOOOO! It was from all of them not just the ones that had the stuff taken away. DD (who unbelievably was one of the innocent ones) was out of the water in a flash, “Don’t take them away. We will be good. Honest, Pinky swear. Here, hide them under our towel.” Let them have them back and then took the above picture. There was a couple also in the hot tub that witnessed the scene and I let them know if the girls cause any problems that I encouraged them to call security.

I went back to the room and they followed me up after not too long a time. Probably realized, but would not admit that Floridians do not voluntarily go into the water in January. They then proceeded to shower, change and primp for our night out.

While they were getting pretty, I took some of pics of the Boardwalk from my balcony. Then I watched stuff on MY HUGE HDTV.

IMG_6193-1.jpg

IMG_6194-1.jpg

IMG_6195-1.jpg

Despite everything, all in all, life is pretty good.

Next up: The surprise. AKA Would it cause a problem if I throw a couple of them in the lake?

Oh how i wish you would have gotten a pic of them texting in the pool. That would've been so awesome! Crazy kids!!

My two boys will probably be in the pool in 2 weeks no matter what the weather is down there. They love the water and it should be warmer than it is here. lol. The GV looks awesome!!

Another great day - your TRs are so funny.

Why do I get the impression that you just love your HUGE HDTV?;)

Okay, first of all, I'm sorry for your loss and for your daughter's loss, too. Sending good wishes and prayers for all of you. :grouphug:

Secondly...
Three of them have cell phones or other electronic devices while they were in the hot tub! One of them was texting! In a hot tub!

This is why they generally don't leave home at 16!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: I have a 15 year old son and am thoroughly enjoying and relating to all of this! Thanks for sharing your fun with us. Whenever you get to the rest, we will enjoy it for sure.

I love your dry sense of humor. Our older dd is only 11, so I feel like I'm looking into a crystal ball, reading about goofy teens, water, and electronics!!

cj9200 - you crack me up!

The girls were probably texting each other in the hot tub! I speak from experience with my 15 year old and her friends - why talk to each other when they are together when they can text each other their thoughts?!?

Being able to swim outdoors sounds absolutely fantastic right about now... it's currently -5 degrees celsius with the wind chill making it feel like -12.

Keep typing,
Kim

Loving your TR...

Thank you. I am enjoying writing it.

Great TR can't wait for more.:banana:

Next installment is the Illuminations Cruise and could be up tomorrow.

Tinks "SS";35187756 said:
Oh how i wish you would have gotten a pic of them texting in the pool. That would've been so awesome! Crazy kids!!

My two boys will probably be in the pool in 2 weeks no matter what the weather is down there. They love the water and it should be warmer than it is here. lol. The GV looks awesome!!

There were two pics that I wish I took. One was 3 texting while relaxing in a hot tub, the second is when they first entered the Villa. Sorry but swimming in January is not my idea of fun. But then again, when it is 40 down here, it is cold. Have a great time on your trip.

Another great day - your TRs are so funny.

Why do I get the impression that you just love your HUGE HDTV?;)

Hi, how are you? Thanks for the complement but you must be easily amused. I do not know where you get the idea that I loved MY HUGE HDTV. Actually, I would have been happy to camp out in the room, watch MY HUGE HDTV while occasionally going out on MY balcony to see what was happening on the Boardwalk.

How did the latest family trip go? Did the oldest end up actually going?

Okay, first of all, I'm sorry for your loss and for your daughter's loss, too. Sending good wishes and prayers for all of you. :grouphug:

This is why they generally don't leave home at 16!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: I have a 15 year old son and am thoroughly enjoying and relating to all of this! Thanks for sharing your fun with us. Whenever you get to the rest, we will enjoy it for sure.

Thank you and everyone for their good wishes. They are very much appreciated.

Teenagers are a funny species. I am an admittedly overly protective father and was in pit bull mode when any boys were around. Especially at the pool. I approached one kid there who was scoping out the girls and said, “Excuse me son, what are you looking at?” He left to the other side of the pool right away.

Last year, DD had a skating party at the only ice skating rink in Miami (go figure). She invited boys which I was good with just for the entertainment value. We rented a room where the kids could eat and leave their stuff. One kid came up holding his sneakers and I asked him what was he doing? He explained that he was going to put his sneakers in the room. In a straight face, I told him that no he wasn’t and he proceeded to open his shirt and start to put them in there. Then I told him he could leave them in the room. As soon as he left to go skate, I broke out laughing. He went to DD and told her that her dad is mean. Just the signal I wanted to send. Found out recently that 1 dated him for a short while. Told 1’s dad the story and he also broke out laughing.

Don’t get me wrong, I love kids. Even 15+ YO boys. Hey, I was even one once. It was back in the 30’s but yes, I was as goofy as they are now. As a father to a girl, I want them to know that if they mess with her, they have daddy waiting in the background. Not really necessary though since the other members of her pack are a much more intimidating factor. Luckily she hangs out with overachievers and they are good kids. Even the kid I almost made skate around with sneakers in his shirt would be allowed to date DD.

I love your dry sense of humor. Our older dd is only 11, so I feel like I'm looking into a crystal ball, reading about goofy teens, water, and electronics!!

I freely admit that I am sarcastic. My humor is how I like my martinis very dry.

Eleven was a great age so enjoy it now and get ready for the really fun part. Seriously, I loved it when she was a baby, then became a toddler, began reading in pre-school, started and went through elementary school, middle school (oh the horror), and now is in high school. Two and a half years she will be going off to college. They grow up too fast but it is a great ride.

cj9200 - you crack me up!

The girls were probably texting each other in the hot tub! I speak from experience with my 15 year old and her friends - why talk to each other when they are together when they can text each other their thoughts?!?

Being able to swim outdoors sounds absolutely fantastic right about now... it's currently -5 degrees celsius with the wind chill making it feel like -12.

Keep typing,
Kim

They probably were texting each other. I can’t stand this fixation they all have with it. Actually thinking about taking text off of DD’s phone. She would hate me but I can take it. This is probably what they texted. “What are you doing?” “Sitting in a hot tub, what are you doing?” “OMG, LOL, I am sitting in a hot tub too.” “That’s sooooo cool but can you move your knee because it is touching me?”

Grew up in Upstate NY so I know about cold and snow. We first moved down to S. Florida when I was 15. Our house had a pool and the first year we were down here, we took pictures of the family swimming in the pool on New Year’s Day. The next year I looked at the pool in October and said no way. Stay warm.

Please know that you and DD are in my thoughts and prayers. Just got caught up and I'm so sorry to hear about her mom. Thank you for continuing to share your TR during this difficult time in your lives. :grouphug:

This is probably what they texted. “What are you doing?” “Sitting in a hot tub, what are you doing?” “OMG, LOL, I am sitting in a hot tub too.” “That’s sooooo cool but can you move your knee because it is touching me?”

I do believe you are probably correct. I'm sure that's what I would have been texting then, if texting had existed in conjunction with Duran Duran and INXS!

I love all the pics of the GV. It is just beautiful. We stayed in the one-story one, so I like seeing the 2-story variety. I am sure the girls' looks were priceless. Thanks for continuing to post during this difficult time. I am sure there is something therapeutic about reliving these fun memories. Can't wait for the Illuminations cruise!

Gosh I love your trip reports! And I love that I have found this one tonight, 9 pages long, it was like a mini book tonight, just awesome. I have three boys, two are in high school so I can completely relate to everything especially the texting! You are so funny, and your honesty is refreshing, don't change a thing. So sorry to hear about your loss. Take your time in finishing, we'll be here to read every last word!

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Even though it was expected there is still a loss to mourn and we will keep your family in our prayers!

I must say... I think you really are stupid nuts to go through this trip with these teenagers! :rotfl2: To think I only have 6 more years before my DD hits teenager status... wow... it's going to go quickly. I am loving your TR! You had me cracking up at the part where you were going to take the cell phone upstairs!! :lmao::lmao::lmao: There must be some really interesting things on those phones.....

MY Entertainment Center, in MY Living Room with MY HUGE Flat Screen HDTV.

MY Bedroom with MY King Size Bed. OMG this is too cool.

MY Jacuzzi Tub to revitalize my tired bones. OMG this is too cool.

MY Bathroom. Do you get the territorial aspect of my tone?

So an only child? :confused3

Oh no. How could I forget? An Italian male. popcorn:::lmao:

Oh how I love thee DVC!

The view from the lower floor balcony. MY balcony. Did they go and see the view or did you scare them too much? :confused3
IMG_6171-2.jpg

IMG_6172-2.jpg

IMG_6168-2.jpg

Lovely! I'm sighing right now. I so need to buy some more points. I'm always standing at the double doors at DVC resorts imagining.

The view from MY bedroom. I kept the shades open at night so I would wake up seeing the Yacht/Beach club Nice! I would so do that!
IMG_6170-2.jpg

Anyway, I called bell services and the bags were on their way. The kids were not far behind me after finishing tea. I turned on MY HUGE HDTV and sat down on the couch when I heard the fumbling of a key in the door. Dumb me did not have the camera ready. That's good though. Some things are just meant to be taken in.

The kids came in and the expression on their faces was priceless. Forget what I just said. :lmao: How could you NOT have that camera ready? :rotfl:;) Talk about shock and awe. I expect it was the same one that was on my face when I first opened the door. Again, why don’t they have a photopass photographer there. They should! What's wrong with Disney? They took a second or two, confused on what to do next and then they ran on mass up the stairs. One of them said, “This is better than my house.” well I can see they live well.:goodvibes Because it would be better than all my residences. DD was in the lead claiming mine, mine, mine Love it! (to the other poster I did not get one of the shirts, should have thought of it.) She, 1 and 2 claimed the second bedroom relegating the rest of them to what I referred to as the servants’ quarters. Boy I've been wondering since the beginning about the group dynamics of teenage girls and power levels. :goodvibes Not bad servants’ quarters.

They came downstairs again as a herd to explore the first floor. Some of them approached the line that cannot be crossed. I barked, “YOU SHALL NOT PASS.” I told everyone they needed to back away from MY room and the rules were then explained. You may look at the Master Room and Bath this one time but afterward, that is MY RELM. You have to use the bathroom or take a shower, I do not care if there is a line out the door, you will go upstairs. There will be no cosmetics in MY bathroom. OMG. :lmao: The community area is going to stay free of stuff and be kept clean. Other than that, they were free to enjoy.

Bell services came and before they were allowed to play, they had to take their bags to the room, put away the food stuff and someone had to get ice. 6 and 4 volunteered and were sent out with the ice bucket. Much giggling and music playing was going on upstairs. They were changing clothes. For what? Do teenage girls actually need a reason? NO. You will see in a bit. After an eternity (15 minutes of so), 4 and 6 come back with no ice. “There is no ice machine on this floor.” Instead of sending them out again with orders not to come back alive without ice, I let them go upstairs so they could also change. I got ice instead. The ice machine was two or three doors down from our room.:rotfl::lmao::rotfl: Of course it was.

Pointed this fact out to them later. These kids are super smart and they can’t get ice? Isn't that something?

I told them to count to five after the light turned green before launching. I knew from experience because this happened to me one time at the water parks. I was going down a slide and the person in front of me decided he wasn’t into going down a water slide. He had his hands and feet splayed on the sides to do his best to go down as slowly as possible. Turned around a curve and here is this guy inching his way down the ride. Tried to hit the brakes but we still hit pretty hard. He looked at me and was about to say something but I preemptively said, “Are you stupid nuts?” Well, in order of full disclosure that wasn’t exactly what I said, I did use non Disney approved language.

Vero Beach. Practicing my speed runs for the next days's competition. Am doing well. Turn a corner and there he is - a ten year old boy SITTING on the slide. The terror. Out of body. Like how is there a non-moving body on a fast slide. How? Tried to slow down. Futile. Not pretty. And neither are the flashbacks. :lmao::rotfl:

IMG_6183-1.jpg

IMG_6186-1.jpg

I mentioned to the BW lifeguard if they cause any problems he has my permission to put them to work scrubbing the pool, picking up garbage or any crummy tasks that needed to be done. He had a chuckle. He thought I was kidding but of course I wasn’t. :lmao::rotfl::lmao:

IMG_6187-1.jpg

Before I took this picture, I walked over to the hot tub to again chastise them for being in water in January. You obviously didn't have a big enough cocktail. :surfweb:

?

Grew up in Upstate NY so I know about cold and snow. We first moved down to S. Florida when I was 15.

There we go. :surfweb:

Through all these TRs I've been wondering - because of your type of humour - if you are a transplanted Canadian.

Upstate New York - close enough. :lmao:

Please know that you and DD are in my thoughts and prayers. Just got caught up and I'm so sorry to hear about her mom. Thank you for continuing to share your TR during this difficult time in your lives. :grouphug:

Thank you so much. The TR is for DD so she can remember what it was like. Also for me. I found myself revisiting old TR’s to see how she has changed and grown up.

I do believe you are probably correct. I'm sure that's what I would have been texting then, if texting had existed in conjunction with Duran Duran and INXS!

Not Duran Duran! Texting Yes but not Duran Duran. (If I did smiley face things I would put one here)

I love all the pics of the GV. It is just beautiful. We stayed in the one-story one, so I like seeing the 2-story variety. I am sure the girls' looks were priceless. Thanks for continuing to post during this difficult time. I am sure there is something therapeutic about reliving these fun memories. Can't wait for the Illuminations cruise!

I would love to know the difference between a 1 and 2 story GV. Thank god they gave me a two story one. That way the munchkins had their exclusive space and more importantly I had MY exclusive space.

Gosh I love your trip reports! And I love that I have found this one tonight, 9 pages long, it was like a mini book tonight, just awesome. I have three boys, two are in high school so I can completely relate to everything especially the texting! You are so funny, and your honesty is refreshing, don't change a thing. So sorry to hear about your loss. Take your time in finishing, we'll be here to read every last word!

Thank you for your thoughts. Three boys? You have my deepest sympathy. I have it easy in comparison.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Even though it was expected there is still a loss to mourn and we will keep your family in our prayers!

I must say... I think you really are stupid nuts to go through this trip with these teenagers! :rotfl2: To think I only have 6 more years before my DD hits teenager status... wow... it's going to go quickly. I am loving your TR! You had me cracking up at the part where you were going to take the cell phone upstairs!! :lmao::lmao::lmao: There must be some really interesting things on those phones.....

Thank you and everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

I am sure you agree we dads of daughters constantly do stupid nuts things for our precious little girls. Some advice to you: Hang on to your hats and glasses it is going to be a wild ride. Maybe not in the wilderness though. Seriously, enjoy every day with her.

There we go. :surfweb:

Through all these TRs I've been wondering - because of your type of humour - if you are a transplanted Canadian.

Upstate New York - close enough. :lmao:

I can use me some back bacon, eah. Love your comments in the previous posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter