Disney for DD’s 16th with her 6 GFs: Are you Stupid Nuts? (Updated: The End)

It seems they saw me come in and at the suggestion of one of them (guess who) they decided to stalk me and pull this stunt on the benevolent person that decided to take them all to WDW. If she ever has children, may they be as much a PITA (pain in the ***) as she is to me.

What a great suggestion. :lovestruc Too funny. :lmao:

As for your little GV/football stay in - that's lovely. Truly. There is nothing better than doing nothing at WDW. Totally underrated.

A strong drink. A BB brownie. A BB fruit plate. The BW front porch. A nap. HEAVEN to me.

I am usually doing nothing around men, men and more men there.

Maybe male filled conferences or a lot of mothers and children in the parks on their own. :confused3

This trip. I was suggesting changing the Value Jambo one bedroom to a BLT studio.

No.

Nothing to do with parks, location or small quarters. March Madness!!!! TVs - plural. :rolleyes1

Hamstring healed nicely, thank you. Started fast walking, treadmill only, and then had a pinched nerve down my left arm. Been off it for a week. I broke three ribs once and it was nowhere near as painful as this was. Just driving was painful. The last couple of days it started to get better and today for the first time I am mostly pain free. Will be getting back up on the horse soon. It was one of the reasons the update was postponed. Not that the Olympics had anything to do with that. Honest.

DD is doing great though. Her track team was in conditioning mode the past few weeks and the meets started last week. Her first meet is tomorrow. She doesn’t know what she will be running; I hope it is the 1,500. They have on the schedule for 3/13 Disney event with a question mark. Have to find out what is going on then.

Ouch, sorry about the nerve! Hope it's all well now. Hope your dd's meet went well!

Great update!

OK, the computer crashed and $199 later I am back on line after 5 days. What is next? Locusts? Here is the end of our trip. Finally.

After they stopped at the room, DD decided to go to EPCOT. The reason? To try Beverly. The not so cool as it used to be spot is usually a stop for us when we go to EPCOT. I have fun talking DD into trying it.

Right before she tried it on our Thanksgiving trip two years ago
Picture142.jpg

Unfortunately, it was closed. Foiled again. She did go to WDW the following week for a day on a school trip and talked some friends into trying it. Wonder where she gets this evil streak.

Since Test Track was down for refurb, they decided to go to Mission Space. 5 was lost and DD and 2 decided to wait for her and the three of them rode together. Thank god I was not there. Can only imagine the screams that were involved.

From there, they headed to end the day at the MK which was open until 2 am. Many rides were hit including Buzz, Tea Cups, and Space Mountain. They also went to Big Thunder. Afterward DD and 2 decided to hoof it over back to Space and the rest of them took their time and went to eat and see Sunny. Shutterbug let me down a little bit and only took a few pictures.

IMG_0179-1.jpg

IMG_0180-1.jpg

While they were having fun in the parks, I enjoyed the room for a while and then decided to go out. First I walked around the BW and saw some of the acts. After one of the shows I walked up to the Streetmoshpere person and I told him I had a weird request. This guy is really good and he brought out some masking tape during his show which gave me the idea. After telling him about the duct tape, he was glad to do this for me.

Since no duct tape was brought, this was my backup plan
IMG_6423-1.jpg

For all the times I stayed at the Boardwalk I never tried the Blue Vue room. Decided to go and it was a nice relaxing spot. The décor is amazing. The bartender told me about all the books and antiques they opened with that were unique. Some have disappeared over time but it is still kind of cool.

Some shots of the room
IMG_6419-1.jpg

IMG_6418-1.jpg

IMG_6417.jpg

IMG_6416-1.jpg

The bartender was training a new cast member. She was really personable but had no idea on how to make a drink. I asked for a dry martini and she had no clue. The bartender showed her and was really patient dealing with her.

There was a couple at the bar from New York and another guy from Chicago. We had a good time chatting the time away. I walked through making another martini with the new cast member and after that was downed it was time to hit the bed. Drifted to sleep in MY king sized bed. To the kids’ credit, they did not wake me getting in after closing down the MK.

Our last morning dawned and my last time on MY balcony to watch the BW wake up. It is always sad leaving day and it was really tough because the room is so nice.

IMG_6436-1.jpg

IMG_6437-1.jpg

IMG_6438-1.jpg

IMG_6439-1.jpg

IMG_6441-1.jpg

I left the room to take a couple of pics of the lobby.
IMG_6460-1.jpg

IMG_6461-1.jpg

IMG_6462-1.jpg

Have to be honest. We stayed at most places at WDW but the BW is my favorite. So sad to leave. It was a great time and all the kids survived. We eventually got into the van and started home. Made good time until we stopped at the West Palm service station and the girls decided to have crapes. There was one guy working there and it took forever. Then 4 & 5 decided that she needed one after everyone was nearly finished. I made them take it in the van. Dropped the kids off at their homes. We had to drive back to 6’s house because she left one of her books in the car. By the time we made it to our house it was after 6:00 and I was beat. We dragged our bags into the house and pretty much crashed.

Overall, this was a great trip. The kids had a great time by all accounts and other than getting them up in the morning and music playing at night, they were pretty well behaved. I enjoyed being with them and also enjoyed not being with them. A memorable sweet 16 for DD.

Highs:

The GV: Far exceeded my expectations. Without DVC, there was no way I could have afforded it. With the two story room, the kids could have their space and I could have mine. Loved just relaxing there.

Illuminations Cruise: It was really a nice way to celebrate her birthday. It reminded me of so many things that we had done at Disney as a family. That included a cruise for one of her birthdays when both grandparents joined us. A friend of Mom came over the other day and brought some personal stuff from the office. Included was a picture of grandparents and us at the California Grill during that trip.

50’s: A great time was had by all.

Lows:

The Boardwalk: After talking to the CMs at check in, I thought they would drop off something celebrating DD’s 16th. Nope. Not that anything was expected but it would have been a nice touch.

Tea: At the hostess station I explained that it was DD’s 16th birthday and she deadpanned, “We don’t do birthdays.” Oh OK. I also told her that I had the tables in wonderland card and she said fine. When it came time to pay the bill, the waitress said they could not use it because I was not there. Well, why did you not let me know that when we checked in? To save 20% I would have stopped by and had an ice tea or something.

No Free Valet: It is not that I cannot park my car and walk, but there is no restricted access for hotel guests versus everyone else. At Universal you cannot get into the parking area unless you have a room key. They need to do something like that here. I was lucky to get a space very close to the walkway but when I came back to the car later the lot was full. It is not fair for a paying guest to park in a lot far away while someone that is having nachos at the ESPN Club or worse, walking over to EPCOT takes their space. OK, off soapbox.

All in all we had a great time. Awards were given out. 5 got the gold star. Everyone else knew she was just being a suck up. The rest got silver stars with the exception of 1 who got a bronze. The leash of shame was also awarded.

I imagine you guessed the right answer
IMG_6470-1.jpg

You got it
IMG_6344.jpg

Really glad I did this. DD and her friends had fun. A memorable birthday. They were talking about going back again but it was unanimous that dad would stay home. I’d go for that.

We had no other trips planned for the year but as I mentioned, I reserved a week for a studio at Jambo House. DD may not be with me because of soccer camp so it may end up as a solo trip. It is likely however she will come and do camp later but we are not obsessing about ADRs.

So that is it. I really want to thank you for joining us on our journey. All done now. Bye Bye. See you later. I may post some random pics from the kids later but do not hold me to it.

Thanks for finishing, even after pinched nerve, Olympics, and :surfweb: crash.

The pics of your daughter are always great.

This was the best fun thread ever (w/a time out in the middle for the sadness for your DD's mom)...I can't wait for you to go again so we'll get another TR!

Yay for Disney!!! And thanks so much...Dani

It really was a great trip report. I know so much has happened since this trip, and I hope that the two of you are doing okay. I hope you'll come back and let us know about your trip to AKL, too!

What?!? The end? That's it? Just kidding! That was a very enjoyable TR and I thank you for sharing your trip with us. And you made it through safely with all those teenagers! :cool1: OK... off to go finish mine now... Chris is really getting on me!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. It sounds like it was a great time! I hope you have just as much fun at AKL this summer. :thumbsup2

Hey, thanks for the final trip report. We are on our way home from WDW and spending the night in Ocean Springs, MS (half way point to Houston). Just looking through your pictures brings back memories of the last nine days. It was our first trip home as DVC members. Shame the weather didn't cooperate, but at least it didn't rain. Have I mentioned how I love fast passes? Now if only they would be a DVC perk--6 fast passes for each 1 week stay. :cloud9:

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME trip report!:worship: Really, the best ever. Especially for us parents of teens, we can SO relate to everything you were going thru. Thank you so much!!!

(I am old and a showoff! :rolleyes1)

Your memory is Good, too!
Really glad I did this. DD and her friends had fun. A memorable birthday. They were talking about going back again but it was unanimous that dad would stay home. I’d go for that.

We had no other trips planned for the year but as I mentioned, I reserved a week for a studio at Jambo House. DD may not be with me because of soccer camp so it may end up as a solo trip. It is likely however she will come and do camp later but we are not obsessing about ADRs.

So that is it. I really want to thank you for joining us on our journey. All done now. Bye Bye. See you later. I may post some random pics from the kids later but do not hold me to it.

Thank you SO much! You ARE a terrific gift giver! Your daughter is beautiful, and all the kids were SO good, which makes you lucky, too!

Just wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing, I really enjoyed reading about your dd's fabulous celebration weekend!:thumbsup2

Thanks again everyone for joining us. And your kind words about the report. Most especially your hugs and good thoughts. Not sure if I am doing one for our June trip. It is going to be laid back with just DD and me. Not into planning much yet. That will probably change.

I did not mean to leave anyone hanging on the body parts question so to answer the one missed, it is called the ala. From what we could determine it is around the indentation part of your nostrils and on the cartilage area on the ear. Don’t remember the third place. When mom expressed her surprise at getting it right, 3 immediately responded that she knew it because she has a piercing there. LIAR.

Hope everyone enjoys their next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter