• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream Questions

mmmears

DIS Veteran
Hi. It's been a long time since I have sailed on the Dream and I have a couple of questions.

1- How early can we get access to a laundry room? (Can we get into one before the normal cabins are open, or do we need to wait until we can access our cabin?) I can't remember if they block the hallways or just the cabins.

2 - Is there a dinner at Cabanas? And if so, can I choose to sit outside on the patio?

Our last cruise was on the Magic, and that's what's clearly in my mind when I think about the ships. I do recall that there were nice hot tubs in the adult pool section on the Dream, but that's it.

Thanks in advance. :)

Pretty sure you'd not be allowed access to the laundry rooms as the hallways are roped off until the cabins are open for guests.

I don't think that Cabanas is doing dinner on the middle nights again yet. And I believe when they were all the seating was inside since it was served and not buffet or cafeteria.

Thanks. It's not what I was hoping for, but it's good to know what to expect.

You don't get your key card until the cabins open up since they are in an envelope in the Fish Extenders and you need them for the laundry. So as Dug720 said, you won't have access.

I was on the Dream for 5 nights this past December and can tell you that they indeed were not serving dinner in Cabanas in the evening; only a breakfast and lunch buffet.

Thanks everyone. It was worth a shot. I'll deal with the laundry once we get the cabin. At least now I know I don't need to bring it with me in a carry-on. ;)

Thanks everyone. It was worth a shot. I'll deal with the laundry once we get the cabin. At least now I know I don't need to bring it with me in a carry-on. ;)
You still may want to bring it with you in a carry-on. Sometimes luggage doesn't get there until later and rooms may be open well before that. If you carry it on, once the rooms are ready, you can go right to the laundry and get started without having to wait for luggage delivery.

On our last cruise we didn’t get our last piece of luggage until just before late dinner seating. We left for the theater show without having it. It was concerning because we were two rooms and 6 bags and got 5 almost immediately. If you want an early start on laundry, you may want it with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter