Disney Dream 8th January 2012

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Feeling very thankful for great family and friends - not so thankful for flat tires :\

Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day yesterday, sorry about the flat tire Jenn.

Can i join in ? We played "musical cruises" for awhile there - resembles musical chairs ... we do it with rental cars too ... but I suppose thats a story for another time.

We have come to find ouselves booked on this sailing when the VGT rates came out. It will be hubby and me as well as our 2 kids. Our son will turn 3 while we are sailing and my daughter will be 12 shortly after.

It looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on to get to know you all ! I would love to be involved in anything you have planned :)

Welcome:yay:

Hi all. I was thinking of a fun idea for the people doing the FE exchange or at least an option. We all love our pets and if we knew what types of pets each person had, could give a give to take home to the pets. After all they can't come on the cruise with us but I know my dog loves when I come home from a trip... Loves me more when he sees he has presents lol :rotfl2::thumbsup2:rotfl2:

Hi all. I was thinking of a fun idea for the people doing the FE exchange or at least an option. We all love our pets and if we knew what types of pets each person had, could give a give to take home to the pets. After all they can't come on the cruise with us but I know my dog loves when I come home from a trip... Loves me more when he sees he has presents lol :rotfl2::thumbsup2:rotfl2:

This is an interesting idea, and it does seem like we are all pet lovers.

No pets here :( But I think some pets might like some of the FE we got :) Although I think our FEs are geared more towards the humans for this trip :)

Just a few weeks away - looking forward to seeing everyone on board! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!

I just checked the Kennedy site today and it is showing a launch on Jan 12 (the day we get off the boat):
SpaceX Falcon 9
January 12
A Falcon 9 rocket will launch Dragon C2, spacecraft designed to fly resupply missions to the International Space Station, on a proximity operations test flight.

I just checked to see if there were any updates and the launch date has moved up. It is now scheduled to lift off on Jan 7, missed it by a day. :sad1:

Oh well it would have been nice. There is still a chance it gets pushed back. But it won't be because of weather because that entire week will be sunny and in the 80s. :thumbsup2

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.
Jeff.

Good idea, My beagles would love anything, esp if its not for them !! Im not sure the pets would like what vets with pets and me would bring them:lmao::lmao::lmao:
No pets here :( But I think some pets might like some of the FE we got :) Although I think our FEs are geared more towards the humans for this trip :)

Just a few weeks away - looking forward to seeing everyone on board! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!
Makes life much less complicated:thumbsup2
I just checked to see if there were any updates and the launch date has moved up. It is now scheduled to lift off on Jan 7, missed it by a day. :sad1:

Oh well it would have been nice. There is still a chance it gets pushed back. But it won't be because of weather because that entire week will be sunny and in the 80s. :thumbsup2

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.
Jeff.

Jeff, for the last 20 years we have tried to see a launch, weve done hols around them, then thought we had struck gold when they have been moved to our dates, but weve NEVER seen one yet !!!! I have seriously given up ever seeing one !!!

We will be at Universal Studios the day of the launch. We should be able to see something from there right? :thumbsup2

What time do they normally launch? We are flying into MCO fairly early in the day on the 7th and will be heading to Cocoa Beach

Jeff, for the last 20 years we have tried to see a launch, weve done hols around them, then thought we had struck gold when they have been moved to our dates, but weve NEVER seen one yet !!!! I have seriously given up ever seeing one !!!

I know the chances of getting to see one are slim, but I still hold out hope everytime things magically line up. And yes, they've been rescheduled on me each of the last 3 years. I still believe..... ;)

What time do they normally launch? We are flying into MCO fairly early in the day on the 7th and will be heading to Cocoa Beach

The official time has not been listed yet. I seem to think of them as normally taking off in the mornings when the winds are the lightest, but I believe they can happen at any time.

We are thinking of changing where we stay the night before. We are thinking of staying along the coast, as opposed to by WDW (Nick hotel). My parents will be in Melbourne, which is south of Port Canaveral, for the month of January. I've been getting a few hints that we should swing by if we have time. Over Thanksgiving it became a request to "come spend a night with/near us".
Parental guilt and my rocket launch delusion is beating out Spongebob at the moment.

I know the chances of getting to see one are slim, but I still hold out hope everytime things magically line up. And yes, they've been rescheduled on me each of the last 3 years. I still believe..... ;)

The official time has not been listed yet. I seem to think of them as normally taking off in the mornings when the winds are the lightest, but I believe they can happen at any time.

We are thinking of changing where we stay the night before. We are thinking of staying along the coast, as opposed to by WDW (Nick hotel). My parents will be in Melbourne, which is south of Port Canaveral, for the month of January. I've been getting a few hints that we should swing by if we have time. Over Thanksgiving it became a request to "come spend a night with/near us".
Parental guilt and my rocket launch delusion is beating out Spongebob at the moment.

Would be a good time to relieve parental guilt to stay with or near them before the cruise and maybe see the launch at the same time!

I think we set a deadline for the FE gifts for 12/1 - I counted 18 cabins at last count (but I may be off on my math). I am starting to assemble our FE goodies now - went on a shopping spree during Black Friday here and had some fun! See you all in just over a month!!

No doubt our sweet but not-so-smart yellow lab named Ida would love a present!

Brett + Kristy

My wife and I just booked this cruise yesterday! We are so excited. Cruise # 6 for us, but only the second without bringing the kiddos! Usually I have to wait hundreds of days after booking...now less than 40...It is going to be a great break.

Good idea, My beagles would love anything, esp if its not for them !! Im not sure the pets would like what vets with pets and me would bring them:lmao::lmao::lmao:

You never know What we could find to bring :rotfl2::woohoo:

First we would have to figure what type of animal to give it too.

we are really looking forward to the trip.

You never know What we could find to bring :rotfl2::woohoo:

First we would have to figure what type of animal to give it too.

we are really looking forward to the trip.

While on trips far and wide I pick up puppy pick up bags from all over to bring home to our pups, ;):thumbsup2 seriously :)

My wife and I just booked this cruise yesterday! We are so excited. Cruise # 6 for us, but only the second without bringing the kiddos! Usually I have to wait hundreds of days after booking...now less than 40...It is going to be a great break.

Welcome!

I was looking at the FE list. It seems as if we are missing a few cabin numbers. Also, I was a little confused as to who was actually in each cabin. Some have more than one cabin booked and I would like to get the adult gifts to the adults cabins and the kid ones to the kids. Maybe everyone could check their info and make any updates or changes. My plan is to get the gifts all done and labeled before the holiday fun begins.:goodvibes Thanks!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter