disney designer villains ( another fiasco?)

Which doll would you buy?

• All of them! Who can pick just one

• Maleficent

• the Evil queen

• Queen of hearts

• Ursula

• Mother gothel

• Cruella

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
I saw her available yesterday online about 4 or 5pm here on the west coast. I wasn't that impressed with her, her dress looked off to me. Although I did think the same thing about the 17" set with Merida and her mother when I saw it online. I saw them displayed at the Disney store this past Monday when I went to buy Ursala and they were gorgeous! Their clothes were very well made. I just could not bring myself to pay 200 dollars for them though lol.
I didn't like her as others have said her collar and sleeves collar look too big. Gonna sticj with the Designer Dolls

I agree. Her dress isn't proportioned right and nethier is her face lol. She had an exaggerated chin, but it didn't look so round and swollen. Her usual dress was also more tailored, they could have done her better. I know she's larger at 17", but things should still be within ratio.

Wow, a lot of conversation on here since I last logged on. Welcome to new people, I'm pretty new, too.

To be honest, I love the craze of the dolls and found myself buying Ursula anyway last week, even though I hadn't planned to. I enjoy the chase, getting there at the store. I bought it for my sister, then decided to take her back that evening to get me one (they had a few left).

I honestly don't think they'll sell out anytime soon, but if they do, Ebay prices are at cost or near to it. As far as princesses go, I actually found a Jasmine on Amazon for $99 and bought a Rapunzel for even less from a Disney fan on facebook.

Any ideas what NEXT YEAR's dolls will be? I see people calling for princes, but I can't really get into that. Glen, I do see why you don't like Aurora, but there's something really beautiful and artistic about Sleeping Beauty. It's a simple, lovely movie, albeit very traditional. Her slim figure and deep voice make her my favorite to listen to (Snow White makes my skin crawl with her creepy little girl voice).

I admit that the Queen of Hearts is my favorite of the villain dolls. She is so creatively done, although her eyes look very sleepy.

Best of luck on Monday to all who are buying Gothel. As a mom, I find her to be HILARIOUS! Her passive aggression cracks me up. and the doll features her lovely dress.

Wow, a lot of conversation on here since I last logged on. Welcome to new people, I'm pretty new, too.

To be honest, I love the craze of the dolls and found myself buying Ursula anyway last week, even though I hadn't planned to. I enjoy the chase, getting there at the store. I bought it for my sister, then decided to take her back that evening to get me one (they had a few left).

I honestly don't think they'll sell out anytime soon, but if they do, Ebay prices are at cost or near to it. As far as princesses go, I actually found a Jasmine on Amazon for $99 and bought a Rapunzel for even less from a Disney fan on facebook.

Any ideas what NEXT YEAR's dolls will be? I see people calling for princes, but I can't really get into that. Glen, I do see why you don't like Aurora, but there's something really beautiful and artistic about Sleeping Beauty. It's a simple, lovely movie, albeit very traditional. Her slim figure and deep voice make her my favorite to listen to (Snow White makes my skin crawl with her creepy little girl voice).

I admit that the Queen of Hearts is my favorite of the villain dolls. She is so creatively done, although her eyes look very sleepy.

Best of luck on Monday to all who are buying Gothel. As a mom, I find her to be HILARIOUS! Her passive aggression cracks me up. and the doll features her lovely dress.

I was thinking the princes too, but there would only be maybe three I'd get. The Beast, Naveen, and Aladdin. I think it would be neat if they did the guy Villains I'd love to have a Dr. Facilier, Jafar, and Hook. The men could have make overs to just doesn't have to be the ladies all the time lol.

There's no doubt that Sleeping Beauty is one of the most beautiful Disney movies I totally agree. I love it, just find Aurora incredibly boring she's barely in her own movie.

I found a beautiful Cosplay of Ursual.

f8d819091fa158d8f6595af87a085d66.jpg

tumblr_ma401lt_Hjz1qdsmqso1_500.jpg

The store I was at yesterday released Gothel though it was Canadian Thanksgiving and the other malls were closed. They didn't sell out and had LOTS leftover. The CM practically begged me to buy her but I looked at her and said "No thanks, I'll wait for Cruella."

Gothel sold out at my Disney Store and everyone who wanted her got her. There was a woman there with her 2 adult kids to better her chances and when her name was called and 2 people didnt have there names called she told them they could have her kids dolls. I thought that was nice.

I am most excited for cruella, she is so wicked looking in a good way lol. You hate her, but you have to love her.

Well, now that there is only one left to get I can safely say that I am really happy with how things have gone. I think everyone who has wanted them, us, the true fans, have been able to get them. It's great if the dolls have value but I am more happy that we can get them without having to pay crazy ebay prices!!! :goodvibes

Even shipping to Canada is ridiculous. $40 for a $100 order plus duties/taxes when it crosses the border.

This!

I paid $60 to ship the first 3, then I had to pay $40 in customs. $100!!!

Then I found a Disney Store north of the city that's not selling them very well, so I drove for an hour each way to save on shipping for the others.

Only 1 trip left!

I still don't understand why Free Shipping doesn't translate to Discounted Shipping (at least!) for Canada. :confused3

Well, now that there is only one left to get I can safely say that I am really happy with how things have gone. I think everyone who has wanted them, us, the true fans, have been able to get them. It's great if the dolls have value but I am more happy that we can get them without having to pay crazy ebay prices!!! :goodvibes

I agree, even though the princesses are more valuable, I'm glad that it was easier to get the villains and that those who wanted them got them and will enjoy them. I told a CM at my store how excited I was it's almost over and he said he thinks he's happier about it being almost over then we are lol. :p

last year we got lucky and they did a free shipping weekend for Canadians. Maybe they'll do it again.

Maybe you will get free shipping soon, Disneystore.com is just wrapping a free shipping period here in the US. Fingers crossed! :goodvibes

All 6 of my dolls turned up on friday, I'm so pleased with them. I have no where to really put them though :rotfl2:

Btw, love the Ursual cosplay, thats awesome. Thanks for sharing x

All 6 of my dolls turned up on friday, I'm so pleased with them. I have no where to really put them though :rotfl2:

Btw, love the Ursual cosplay, thats awesome. Thanks for sharing x

Did they ship all 6 dolls in one huge box? And are they all the same number out of the edition size? I had pre ordered the whole lot before hand but canceled it seeing how easy it has been to get them in store. I would have had to have a friend of mine ship it from overseas as well and I felt so bad about him mailing a freaking HUGE box lol.

I had to clear off a shelf for my Villains, I really didn't want to hang another shelf. I'm trying to come up with a creative way to make an invisible floating shelf with plexiglass and some shelf braces though. I would like them to look like there floating on the wall.

I'm glad that they all got to you in one piece. I'm going tomorrow to get my paws on Cruella. Out of all the dolls she was my number 1. I hope I can get her in store! :goodvibes

Did they ship all 6 dolls in one huge box? And are they all the same number out of the edition size? I had pre ordered the whole lot before hand but canceled it seeing how easy it has been to get them in store. I would have had to have a friend of mine ship it from overseas as well and I felt so bad about him mailing a freaking HUGE box lol.

I had to clear off a shelf for my Villains, I really didn't want to hang another shelf. I'm trying to come up with a creative way to make an invisible floating shelf with plexiglass and some shelf braces though. I would like them to look like there floating on the wall.

I'm glad that they all got to you in one piece. I'm going tomorrow to get my paws on Cruella. Out of all the dolls she was my number 1. I hope I can get her in store! :goodvibes

Yeah, they all arrived in one big box and they all had the same number out of edition size. Still haven't really figured out where they are going, but then again I have 6 of the princesses and I still haven't sorted a permanent home for them yet either. :rotfl2:

Fingers crossed you get Cruella tomorrow, she's one of my faves out of this collection. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter