disney designer villains ( another fiasco?)

Which doll would you buy?

• All of them! Who can pick just one

• Maleficent

• the Evil queen

• Queen of hearts

• Ursula

• Mother gothel

• Cruella

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thanks for the suggestions. I also collect the holiday Barbies and have not removed them from their boxes but to be honest, I contemplate it every year. I have NO intention of selling them anytime soon and would love to take them all out of their boxes to display them but then I think to myself well, you've gone this long....why open them all now and devalue all of them....Ooohhh such decisions!! I really want to get the princess dolls from last year but after all the researching, those will probably be a once in a great while purchase considering how expensive they are online!! :eek:

Tangelders Ahoy said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I also collect the holiday Barbies and have not removed them from their boxes but to be honest, I contemplate it every year. I have NO intention of selling them anytime soon and would love to take them all out of their boxes to display them but then I think to myself well, you've gone this long....why open them all now and devalue all of them....Ooohhh such decisions!! I really want to get the princess dolls from last year but after all the researching, those will probably be a once in a great while purchase considering how expensive they are online!! :eek:

I struggled with that on my I Love Lucy collection. I decided I wanted to enjoy them even more. So i bought glass display cases at Ike's .. Really nice ones for about 60-70 each and bought the added light feature for 10-15. I opened the dolls and have never regretted it. There in my office room and people always comment on them. My only hesitation with the princess / villain dolls is they don't come with stands and not all dolls fit all stands. Even different barbies use different stands.

Think about the great scene you could create with the evil queen giving snow white the apple. Or Ursula and Ariel....,you could even use Disney store princes to dance with your princesses. Creative minds could flourish here.

My friend at the DS sent me a pic of the New LE Lady Tremaine doll that will be released for the Blu Ray release. She's big like the other LE like Tiana Belle Mother Gothel etc. Not really wild about her, I wish they had done her as a designer villain instead

So whats the deal with the Lady Tremaine Doll? I know she is coming out on October 2nd and will be 99.50 but Is she in the designer collection or just a regular doll?

I stopped by my store yesterday to get the nail polish and possibly the lip gloss, they did have them (finally) but I didn't like them so I left without them. :( I was bummed, but I just didn't like the colors so I couldn't see spending that much money on something I wasn't going to like to wear.

So whats the deal with the Lady Tremaine Doll? I know she is coming out on October 2nd and will be 99.50 but Is she in the designer collection or just a regular doll?
As I said in my post she's NOT part of the Desinger Villains Collection. She's an LE doll like the others before from dvd/bluray releases

Hello friendly collectors,
Are we ready for the Queen of Hearts on Monday? I am counting on my sister to get mine while I'm at work, but I feel relaxed knowing the first two are all still available online so I can get the queen online if necessary.
Tonight, I decided to expand my four princess collection and add one or two more (I have Snow White, Tiana, Pocahontas and Mulan). After combing ebay and amazon, I found that I could get Jasmine for about $100 on Amazon and made a few low ball offers to sellers of Rapunzel on Ebay. We'll see. I think they're worth a bit of inflated price nearer to what the villains cost, but not more than about $100. I wonder if they will increase in value over time? I doubt the villains will but you never know. I was surprised to see how much Aurora and Pocahontas are now (not surprised about Ariel).
My daughters are young but we are enchanted by Disney princesses and I hope they will enjoy looking at the dolls on display in their rooms (up high, no playing with these little "insurance policies"!). They may come to enjoy the villains even more than the princesses once the tween/teenage years arrive. Isn't that why Monster High is so in vogue right now? These lady villains are the original goth!
I've enjoyed reading your posts!

Queen of hearts was the easiest to get for sure. I went today and they did the raffle, but there really wasn't a need for it. Everyone there was able to receive the doll and they even had 3 leftover. A lot of people didn't care for her very much overall. Even by the looks of the poll in this thread that shows. The next 3 ladies I know will be harder to get in the store because of their popularity, but hopefully I won't leave empty handed in the weeks to come :moped::cool2:.

Hello friendly collectors,
Are we ready for the Queen of Hearts on Monday? I am counting on my sister to get mine while I'm at work, but I feel relaxed knowing the first two are all still available online so I can get the queen online if necessary.
Tonight, I decided to expand my four princess collection and add one or two more (I have Snow White, Tiana, Pocahontas and Mulan). After combing ebay and amazon, I found that I could get Jasmine for about $100 on Amazon and made a few low ball offers to sellers of Rapunzel on Ebay. We'll see. I think they're worth a bit of inflated price nearer to what the villains cost, but not more than about $100. I wonder if they will increase in value over time? I doubt the villains will but you never know. I was surprised to see how much Aurora and Pocahontas are now (not surprised about Ariel).
My daughters are young but we are enchanted by Disney princesses and I hope they will enjoy looking at the dolls on display in their rooms (up high, no playing with these little "insurance policies"!). They may come to enjoy the villains even more than the princesses once the tween/teenage years arrive. Isn't that why Monster High is so in vogue right now? These lady villains are the original goth!
I've enjoyed reading your posts!

I was looking at Princess Jasmine on ebay just yesterday, thinking how nice it would be to have 5 of the princesses lol. I was lucky enough to get the ones I have so I never really pushed the thought of getting any others. I have Belle, Ariel, Tiana, and Pocahontas. I was pleasantly surprised however to see the Jasmine really wasn't that over priced. I saw one sell for about 110. I'm resisting the urge to buy her because I want to get the rest of the Villains first. Perhaps I can get her for Christmas as a gift to myself :santa:.

Tangelders Ahoy said:
Oh man!! Don't you want the complete set????

I don't think I do??? Can't really decide. Don't like the Gothel or Ursela. If I got them it would be to pair with the dedigner princesses Ariel and Rapunzel.

Nope not interested in getting them all, same as the Princesses, wasn't really into all of them either.

I loathe Aurora

I ordered this one online. My store isn't very close and I didn't think there would be high demand.

I was a little peeved the way my store did the last doll (told us to line up outside like the first week then went ahead and just started selling them inside the store at 1:10) so I just decided to order this one online. Considering they are *all* still available online I think it's looking pretty good to be able to order the rest this way, especially with the free shipping.

Still, I probably won't take chances with the remaining dolls that I really want.

Hello,
I just have to share my good fortune! I messaged a girl on facebook who sold me her Rapunzel doll for $75!!! We met locally and she was so nice, even offered me two journals for my girls for cost price. She had an Ariel, too, which was tempting, but was a lot of money. Gotta save my money for Mother Gothel. With my new queen of hearts and my new Rapunzel, my shelf is filling up quick!
I love designer Disney dolls!!!

Why do you loathe Aurora? I admit I didn't want her when I bought princesses. I prefer her in blue and am not crazy about her hair. Still, she might be nice next to my Maleficent. Just don't want to pay a fortune for her.

I got my journal in the mail yesterday, and im very pleased! they're so much fancier than the princess journals! I went to the disney store today and was tempted to buy more journals, but I got the note card set instead (since I have a set of the princesses, I thought I might as well have villains too!) I didn't like any of the other merchandise though! The nail polish looked kind of ewwie and definitely NOT worth $30. I love the sketches for all of the dolls so im really happy to have the note card set with them!

I wish everyone luck in the upcoming weeks with the rest of the dolls! :)

Why do you loathe Aurora? I admit I didn't want her when I bought princesses. I prefer her in blue and am not crazy about her hair. Still, she might be nice next to my Maleficent. Just don't want to pay a fortune for her.
I hate the fact she's always wearing pink as you said I prefer her in blue. But she's sucha useless Princess.

Was on vacation and I'm finally back. And it looks like the Queen of Hearts has gone up for sale and all three villains are still available.

That's fine with me, so I don't think I need to worry when Cruella comes up. I was afraid I might need to stay up until three am to get her (can order online only). I really want her.

But I did order the Evil Queen before I went on vacation and tracking the package, she should be arriving tomorrow. Can't wait to get a glimpse of her in person. She'll go next to Snow White, need to make room for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!