disney designer villains ( another fiasco?)

Which doll would you buy?

• All of them! Who can pick just one

• Maleficent

• the Evil queen

• Queen of hearts

• Ursula

• Mother gothel

• Cruella

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am completely new here, hi everyone!

I collect Alice in Wonderland stuff, (not exclusively Disney) and got interested in the villain designer collection specifically for the Queen of Hearts doll. My good friend works at the Disney Store and told me about this new collection featuring my Queenie. I was happy to purchase a Queen of Hearts doll at my local Disney Store and starting hearing about the phenomenon that was "dollmageddon." :)

My interest piqued, I checked out eBay and have to say I cannot believe the prices on the designer princess dolls. Another thing I cannot believe is how many people are purchasing these dolls for more than you can buy them for on Disney.com. Why do you suppose that is?

Now that we are 3 dolls in, what is everyone's updated prediction on how these dolls will do? I hear the craze for the princesses didn't really kick in until the end of doll 3, beginning of doll 4.

To be clear, I love my QOH and won't be selling her, but interested in everyone's opinions all the same. I need to add that I am astounded by the quality of my doll - I may have just become a Disney collector as well. I'm a California Disney girl, (born in Bakersfield), and still love Disneyland but have always been a little sad about their lack of Alice merchandise.

Talked to mny friend at the DS and he saidf th Queen of Hearts bombed!! They only sold 10 of them. Gonna ask him if they have any left as of today. I wonder if Gothel is gonna be this bad??? still can't decide between Ursula and Cruella

We actually have guests chomping at the bit for Ursula and Goethel to come out. I think at my store we will do better with those two. And Cruella just looks too creepy for me, lol.

I think I've made my decision, gonna go with Cruella. I could never get a good look at her in store since she was up so high but somebody posted photos of the doll at there store and I like her better than Ursula.

I think I've made my decision, gonna go with Cruella. I could never get a good look at her in store since she was up so high but somebody posted photos of the doll at there store and I like her better than Ursula.

Yes, get Cruella! I may be biased, because I want Cruella too, but I think she looks better. Ursala looks a little too cartoony. But if you have the funds, get both.

Anyways got my Evil Queen. Disney has improved on their packing skills and UPS was behaving (no dents in the box at all). She was well cushioned and even had tissue paper wrapped around her box for protection. She looks great next to Snow White.

Anyone know how they ship out the limit edition numbering (early number ones go to store, then they sell the rest online?), cause I got the 6,000 out of 13,000. Is that an indication on how bad/little they're selling? Not even half way through.

I ordered Queen of Hearts last Tuesday and it still hasn't even shipped. Has anyone else had this problem. When I ordered Malificent and the Evil Queen, they shipped 2 days later....Wonder what the issue is....

Another question, I'm trying to collect all of the princesses...I didn't even know about them last year believe it or not....is there anywhere that anyone knows of that I could buy (a little at a time) them but not at ridiculous prices like listed on Ebay? I can't BELIEVE some of the prices!! Especially for Ariel, Cinderella, Belle and Aurora! I actually found a Rapunzel Friday night that I won for $120....brand new in box never opened etc....do you think that is a good price or is that also ridiculous?? I wish I could just win the lottery and buy them all at once!!:rotfl2:

Yes, get Cruella! I may be biased, because I want Cruella too, but I think she looks better. Ursala looks a little too cartoony. But if you have the funds, get both.

Anyways got my Evil Queen. Disney has improved on their packing skills and UPS was behaving (no dents in the box at all). She was well cushioned and even had tissue paper wrapped around her box for protection. She looks great next to Snow White.

Anyone know how they ship out the limit edition numbering (early number ones go to store, then they sell the rest online?), cause I got the 6,000 out of 13,000. Is that an indication on how bad/little they're selling? Not even half way through.
well since I'm doing a villains tree I've decided to get both. I'm going to un-box Ursula and use her as a tree topper I think.

Oh No, I have just looked on the Disneystore.com and Evil Queen is gone! Maleficant and Queen of Hearts still there. I had bought Maleficant as soon as she was listed but since she was still there a week later decided to wait for some of the others and do a bulk order to save postage. Looks like maybe the craze is starting again?

Oh No, I have just looked on the Disneystore.com and Evil Queen is gone! Maleficant and Queen of Hearts still there. I had bought Maleficant as soon as she was listed but since she was still there a week later decided to wait for some of the others and do a bulk order to save postage. Looks like maybe the craze is starting again?

Shipping for the designer dolls is free if you use Disney's online coupon SHIPTODAY. Since the dolls are over 75 dollars your order would qualify, so you wouldn't have to pay for shipping. I used it to buy Maleficent and I bought her same day she went on sale online for fear she would sell out. I'm still in trauma from the princesses, I take no chances. So don't feel like you have to wait to buy the dolls you want because of that, feel free to have them shipped individually.

I don't think a craze is starting again, maybe it's just that she was the more popular choice. A lot of people interested in the dolls are picking and choosing their favorites rather then buying the whole lot.

I picked up Ursala today and I was the first name called. I thought it was so great since The Little Mermaid is one of my all time favorites. All of the dolls sold out at my local Disney Store today, and some people did leave empty handed. So I am very happy to have picked her up today! :cheer2:

I just checked and she is still there. Maybe they restocked them?

http://www.disneystore.com/dolls-to...-designer-collection-doll/mp/1317465/1000259/

I'm not sure but it's letting me put her in my cart. Try again and maybe you can get her. With the cost of these dolls, as PrincessMarincess said, shipping is free so pick up the doll you want ASAP!

PrincessMarincess

Unfortunately I cant get the free shipping as I live in Australia. None of those great offers applies to people out of the US. :(

I am freaking out a little tho, I had such bad experieces with the Princesses online last year. Did get Cindy and Belle alright but they stuffed up with Mulan and I didnt get her so had to buy off Ebay. Still trying to get 3 of them. Just crossing fingers that doesnt happen with the rest of these ones.

Oh I see! Your name did kind of hint at that Disneyfandownunder.. lol. I'm sorry to hear that. I would say be brave and try to get her on ebay, I have looked at some of the villains on the US Ebay site and their prices aren't that much inflated as the princesses were. The villains are averaging I'd say $110. I can't say for your ebay of course, but it would defiantly be cheaper then having it shipped from over here. I just cancelled a pre-order I had a friend of mine make for me in Wales for all of the villains, in case I wasn't able to get the dolls here. But if I hadn't it would have been nearly $200 to have them shipped to the US.

Ok, this is weird. She is still not appearing under "Disney Villains Designer Collection" stuff but when I typed in Designer Evil Queen she is there. Does that mean she is almost gone?

When you see her on the individual search for evil queen are you still able to add it to your cart and proceed to checkout? If so I would place the order and see if it ships. If it ships great, if not at least you tried. Maybe you can also call customer service and inquire about the Evil Queen. If you really want her though I would go ahead and place an order while you still see her available.

I havent tried actually putting her in cart yet. Think I will wait till this afternoon our time and see if I can get her with Ursula. The postage for one doll is $65. Very steep, so it pays to get 2 at once. I dont think Queen of Hearts will be gone any time soon.

I havent tried actually putting her in cart yet. Think I will wait till this afternoon our time and see if I can get her with Ursula. The postage for one doll is $65. Very steep, so it pays to get 2 at once. I dont think Queen of Hearts will be gone any time soon.

My jaw dropped when I read $65 to ship one doll! I truly hope that everything works out for you and you get your girls. :tink: Here is some pixie dust for you for luck.

My jaw dropped when I read $65 to ship one doll! I truly hope that everything works out for you and you get your girls. :tink: Here is some pixie dust for you for luck.
Even shipping to Canada is ridiculous. $40 for a $100 order plus duties/taxes when it crosses the border. I love my Urusla so much so happy I unboxed her.

Did anyone see the Lady Tremaine Dolls they released yesterday? There were only 1500 and they all sold out!! I didn't even know they were going to release her. I know she wasn't apart of the Villains collection but still....she was really good looking and the same size doll. That was crappy!!! :furious:

Did anyone see the Lady Tremaine Dolls they released yesterday? There were only 1500 and they all sold out!! I didn't even know they were going to release her. I know she wasn't apart of the Villains collection but still....she was really good looking and the same size doll. That was crappy!!! :furious:

I wanted to get her, and had no idea when she was going on-sale. I searched the other day, and she was not on TDS.com. I searched today and sold out! I missed her, and now she is going for big bucks on eBay.

See Disney, you should've made Lady Tremaine part of the Disney Designer Villains. I think she would've been a big hit! You can still add her (hint, hint!).

Btw, the doll released yesterday (17") was not the same size as the Disney Designer Villains (11 1/2"). She wouldn't have fit in with the collection...that's why I'm hoping Disney reconsiders and adds her in a designer dress to the Villains collection.

I saw her available yesterday online about 4 or 5pm here on the west coast. I wasn't that impressed with her, her dress looked off to me. Although I did think the same thing about the 17" set with Merida and her mother when I saw it online. I saw them displayed at the Disney store this past Monday when I went to buy Ursala and they were gorgeous! Their clothes were very well made. I just could not bring myself to pay 200 dollars for them though lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter