Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

I'm still here. I've been following the whole time, but I don't usually comment. Your trips are always so fun. I look forward to your next report and I hope you post the link for it here.

I'm still here too. I don't look at the DIS as much any more, and, I have to reluctantly say that my love of all things Disney seems to be waning. But I definitely will be following your next trip report. Your TRs are probably my #1 favorite threads on the DIS.

Nice job on the fireworks photos!

Goodbye my dear sweet Magic Kingdom, I'll see you next year!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

We were picked up by the slinky bus which I still think are the coolest things ever.

I have to admit, they are pretty cool.

I'm going to sugar coat the next part of this report. Departure days suck! Big time suck! Big big time suck! BIG BIG BIG time suck!

::yes:: It never, ever gets any easier, does it?

YES, you have to keep reading and looking. If I have to, you do too.

Aw, but MOM!!!

Sorry, I been away from Dis lately. Which is just how life treats me. I leave but come back. Sorry to see this trip end but will join you on new trip. I love both yours and Hunters pics.

So I'm just back on Dis after being away several years. I had read your trip reports before and so I tracked one down this time. I've been home sick and spent the time reading your trip report. It was wonderful journey with you.
We are talking about a huge family vacation (15 people) 2017 so I will be looking for your next trip report for tips. We are also debating having a small wedding at Disney since half the family will be there and the other half would certainly make the trip.
Anyway all this to say I will certainly be waiting for your next trip report.

Long time follower of your trip reports, can't wait to read your next one.

Going home totally sucks no matter how you look at it. I don't know how you survive that drive in one segment going back home. But I suppose at this point if you can't be at Disney it's just best to get home as soon as you can.

Oh, Lisa, there is no better way to finish up a Disney trip than riding Big Thunder Mountain and watching the projection show, Wishes and then the parade from smack dab right down the middle of Main Street USA! And bonus to be near a nice, friendly family to pass the time.

dscf8029-1024x768-jpg.125553

This is a really cool picture from a neat perspective. I don't think I have seen many shots from this point and definitely not at night.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture!!!

The selfie with you and Hunter is also a great picture of the two of you. Great smiles. :)

I kind of liked you Wishes photos that had the mini copy of the picture through that woman's phone. But I'm glad you have Hunter's set of pictures too, because they are spectacular!

:goodvibes:

Thank you for another super fun trip report full of lots of laughter and good-natured shenanigans!

:banana::banana::banana:

Can't wait to see the goodies you bought and I'm even more excited to read all about the antics with your family and Jessie's in your upcoming report. I know what you mean about being hesitant to post pictures without permission. I am (trying very hard) not to post pictures of any of the kids or other chaperones in the class trip report. I didn't even attempt to ask permission- I figured it is best just not to include them. But Ben's like "Why is it ok to post pictures of me, but not anyone else???"

:goodvibes:

Fell off the grid here for a long time. But I will go back to read during these upcoming cold, winter months. Thanks for always providing us with some entertaining stories!

I've been away from the Dis for several months but I'm back now...planning our next trip in January, 2016! You're always one of my favorite DISers, so if you have a current report or future report please post a link! Hope all is well!

I'M still here! Again, following you for years, just don't post much.
Now.... if you get that next trip started, I promise to comment more. Hint...Hint...
Really enjoy reading about all the fun you have on your trips. VERY anxious to see what the newbies thought of your favorite place. Also what did you buy?

Good morning all! For some reason, the Dis is giving me fits. I can't post replies which is weirdarama. Until I can get the problem fixed, I wanted to say that I greatly appreciate all of you letting me know that you are still reading along despite the fact that I've drug this report along for way over a year. I'll go ahead and post another (may be the last installment) now and then try to fix the reply/quoting issue.

Where's all the other crap that we bought?

I always tell myself to take pictures of our souvenirs so that I can use them as a wrap-up to the trip report. This year, I was bound and determined that I wouldn't just put it all away without the pictures first. But, when I pulled everything out and put them on the table, I was like "where's all the other crap that we bought?" I know good and darn well that this is NOT everything that was purchased over a two week vacation. Apparently, I didn't do so great on keeping all souvenirs in one spot. Oh well, it is what it is. These are just a few of the things that we bought.

These candies remind me of Louisiana pralines. Love them and couldn't wait to get back to Mexico to get more.
DSCF8275 (1024x768).jpg

Oh and up above the bag, it looks like there was a Mickey keychain.

These coconut pattie candies were also purchased in Mexico.
DSCF8276 (768x1024).jpg

When Jesse and Jesse would come down for Christmas, they would play dominos with John's daddy and brothers. When I saw these, I thought that Jesse would like them as a Christmas gift.
DSCF8277 (1024x768).jpg

Our nephew, Tripp, was big into balls at the time so we brought this back for him. Hunter used to be obsessed with balls as a little boy and I think that we have every single Disney ball imaginable. He has a Mike from Monster's Inc ball like the one below and that sucker is still a great ball. Not that Hunter plays with it or anything but the little kids do when they come over.
DSCF8278 (768x1024).jpg

I don't know how in the world a whole bag of gummies made it all the way home without being eaten. The only reasonable explanation had to be that they were packed away.
DSCF8279 (768x1024).jpg

I still stuff our kids' stockings on Christmas morning and I put these away for Jesse's stocking.
DSCF8280 (768x1024).jpg

For the record, Santa Claus does still come to our house because we all know that:

stop believing in santa.jpg

No, mykids do NOT still believe in Santa but they decided long ago, that they wanted to wake up totally surprised with everything under the tree on Christmas morning. Just like when Santa used to bring their gifts. So, that's what we have continued to do and will continue to do for years to come.

This was Hunter's most expensive purchase during the trip. I'm thinking that it was around $40.

DSCF8281 (768x1024).jpg

More souvenirs:

DSCF8282 (768x1024).jpg

These were for John's daddy and we bought a box for ourselves:
DSCF8284 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

Where's all the other crap that we bought?

We found this beautiful butterfly in the China Pavilion at Epcot and it was to be a gift for John's mother but we then promply lost it after "putting it way". I still haven't found it. And, we bought her a small ornate pill case for her purse (I guess that I didn't take a picture) and it was put away and "lost" too. I finally found it but not the pin almost a year later in John's sock drawer.

DSCF8285 (1024x768).jpg

And, that's all of the pictures that I took but I know that we bought other items. We never leave Walt Disney World without at least one shirt and John has to buy a hat. Soooooooo, my determination to take pictures of all things purchased apparently went kapupt.

**Up next: Wrapping this baby up in a nice tidy package!

Sorry you lost the beautiful pin! I don't know how that candy lasted for your pictures as it wouldn't for me, but I guess if it was packed away that is a good excuse :rotfl2:

Love all the souvenirs. My mother also still has Santa come, and he will continue to come until a grandchild shows up, which will be a very long time from now lol. I will say a prayer to St. Anthony that you find the lost items! I know Mama would love the Butterfly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter