Disney Daily Birthdays – July Exercise Challenge

Good morning, team! Around here we all know what morning means ... color changes! :rainbow:

We've got a new member of Epcot Pink - congratulations, glss1/2fll!
Only 1348 minutes until we hit Epcot Pink as a team - so let's get those minutes in and see how fast we can get there!

Congratulations to our newest members of Magic Kingdom Red ... Rattpack and Tasha228!

Before we get to today's birthday, I just wanted to give you a heads up that I'll be away from the computer Saturday and most of the day Sunday, but I'll be back on Monday with three days worth of birthdays (and hopefully a lot of color changes to announce)!

But before I go, let's take a trip back to Disneyland for Walt Disney’s last major public appearance at the park before his death. On July 24th, 1966, Disneyland officially dedicated its first new land added since the park opened, New Orleans Square.

Disneyland-New-Orleans-Square1.jpg

While New Orleans Square is currently known as the home of two of Disneyland’s most popular attractions, Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion, on opening day neither of these two attractions were completed – although both buildings had been built. New Orleans Square opened with several shops, but no attractions. Pirates of the Caribbean (along with the Blue Bayou Restaurant) would open less than a year later in March 1967, while the Haunted Mansion did not open until 1969.

Happy birthday, New Orleans Square!

I love New Orleans Square and I've only ever been once. I went to college in NOLA, but my campus did not have any pirate rides. Eating at the Blue Bayou is on my bucket list. If one day I run a Disney race in California that any of you ladies or gents are at, maybe we can share a plate of beignets in that courtyard :)

1407/1600
That's a swim and a walk this morning. It's my last walk with one of the gals in my group. :sad: She's off to California for a month visiting family and I go back to work in a couple weeks. I've had hours added to my work day and that will severely impact my morning workouts. :scared1: Need to figure out a plan! Not really. I already have one, I just wish I could figure out one that included that walk! :upsidedow Don't know how the world will keep on spinning without us talking about it.

Talking about spinning--we have one week left of the month! Come on team, we've got this! :cheer2:

Managed to get a workout in during the morning! Feels really good to have your exercise accomplished and the rest of the day still ahead of you.

So, up to 585/800

I don't think I will make it to 100% by the end of the month, but maybe I can get to 90%!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter