Disney Daily Birthdays – July Exercise Challenge

And the August thread is up and running!

Yay! Thank you! I'll head over there as soon as I figure out what I want my August goal to be...

Thank you to everyone for your kind words about my hosting. I've really enjoyed this month's theme and hunting down Disney birthdays! I'll share my major source at the end of the month ... there's a really cool site that helped me a lot!

65 minutes divided over two workouts, kettlebell hiit in the afternoon and a total body toning boot camp in the evening.

which brings my total to.... 1440/1400 :flower1:

Made my, what I thought to be at the beginning of the month, ridiculously high goal with a day to spare(Friday is an of day). Not sure if I'm going to go for that high next month, my body definitely did not enjoy the six workout days a week. Halfway through the month I had to go back down to five because I was too tired to keep up with six days.

Good morning! Can you believe July is almost over? I've loved seeing all of the exercise minutes come in this month, and I love discovering all of the color changes, so I'm excited that we have a few more days to work on our rainbow of colors :rainbow:

Congratulations to our newest members of Magic Kingdom Red, hmack & PollyannaMom!
We're only 1,792 minutes away from turning Magic Kingdom Red as a team - can we do it by the end of the month? It'll be hard, but we've got 2 days, so let's get those exercise minutes in and see what we can do!

We also have two new members of Disneyland W.I.S.H. Green, chbc and galaxygirl76!
If you've experienced any version of the classic ride It's a Small World, you've seen a lot of green all throughout the ride. But did you know that there's green outside the ride at Disneyland?
iasw_topiaries.jpg

There are a number of beautiful topiaries outside of It's a Small World, including a sea serpent (not pictured) who has been there since the ride opened! The topiaries do change, and it can take anywhere from 3-10 years to grow a new topiary.

For today’s birthday we head back to the movies … specifically, Disney’s first full-color animated cartoon, Flower and Trees.

220px-Silly_symphony.jpg

On July 30th, 1932, Flowers and Trees, a Silly Symphonies cartoon, was released to theaters. It was the first commercial film released in three-strip Technicolor, setting the stage for further Silly Symphony cartoons to be produced using this process (which at the time was exclusively contracted to Disney). The cartoon was approximately 8 minutes long and premiered preceding the MGM feature film Strange Interlude.

Happy birthday, Flowers and Trees!

Looks like I sadly will not make my goal this month. My husband is out of town this week until Monday and as a working mom, I'm either at work or when home I cannot be out of the house without my kiddo with me. I work in an industrial area so there is zero options for even walking outside by my work. So that means no more running until Monday which is August. I may try to talk her into a stroller walk tonight but she's at that age where I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe it's time to figure out a situation where I can exercise inside my house at night after she is asleep. Maybe I'll beg Santa for a treadmill for Christmas this year :)
I had a lot of fun this month and sorry to all that I just couldn't quite hit that goal.

@SarahDisney Awesome job hosting!!!

Looks like I sadly will not make my goal this month. My husband is out of town this week until Monday and as a working mom, I'm either at work or when home I cannot be out of the house without my kiddo with me. I work in an industrial area so there is zero options for even walking outside by my work. So that means no more running until Monday which is August. I may try to talk her into a stroller walk tonight but she's at that age where I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe it's time to figure out a situation where I can exercise inside my house at night after she is asleep. Maybe I'll beg Santa for a treadmill for Christmas this year :)
I had a lot of fun this month and sorry to all that I just couldn't quite hit that goal.

You did a great job getting in exercise and getting to 86% of your goal!!
It's definitely hard to get in exercise when you've got to take care of the kiddo. Have you tried doing videos online? I really like Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds for when I can't get outside (and I don't want to go on the treadmill) - if you search on YouTube you can find a bunch of her videos. There are a million different exercise videos out there, many of which don't require any special equipment, and there may be something out there that you'll enjoy doing at night!

Thanks Sara. I may just have to try that out. Last night I sat on my booty watching youtube videos of people un-boxing makeup subscription boxes...no reason why I can't move around while on the internet instead right.
Maybe it's time to clear away the big toy pile in my basement to give myself some more yoga/aerobics space. Cleaning can count towards my minutes right :)

@SarahDisney Awesome job hosting!!!
You can always duct tape the kiddo to your front window and let neighbors keep an eye on her while your working out, lol!

Congrats to everyone who has reached their goals ... and for those who haven't, you still have some time! Get those end-of-month minutes in and let's see what we can do!

As for me...
32 minutes of Walk Away the Pounds yesterday
70 minutes walk/run with my sister this morning

Puts me at...1253/1200

GOOOOOOOOAL!
(I may even have more to report later, we'll see)

Today's daily birthday may be pretty late, but I will make sure to get it up by the end of the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter