**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Frankly, I think I'd wait a few hours after they go on sale before purchasing. It seems like there are often some glitches that need to get ironed out with these types of things. I know I remember seeing a few posts last time of people being nervous because this thing or that thing didn't seem to go through properly.

I have a question, hopefully I’m asking in the right place.

I plan to book DAH on Thurs for August for me, DH, and my 3 kids (2 Disney adults, 1 Disney kid, not that it matters for DAH). DH and I will have APs (buying them tonight), the kids don’t have tickets yet, but the plan is to buy theirs from Undercover Tourist at some point. I also noticed that DAH tickets are available on Undercover Tourist as well. So I could buy the kids DAH tickets from there.

Are there any issues with buying DAH tickets for DH and I from Disney (so we get the AP discount) and the kids DAH tickets from UT?

I plan to book DAH on Thurs for August for me, DH, and my 3 kids (2 Disney adults, 1 Disney kid, not that it matters for DAH). DH and I will have APs (buying them tonight), the kids don’t have tickets yet, but the plan is to buy theirs from Undercover Tourist at some point. I also noticed that DAH tickets are available on Undercover Tourist as well. So I could buy the kids DAH tickets from there.

Are there any issues with buying DAH tickets for DH and I from Disney (so we get the AP discount) and the kids DAH tickets from UT?
No you shouldn’t have any issues doing that.

You can get both adults and the kids DAH tickets at the reduced rate with the adults AP discount.

Oh my goodness, really?!?! I assumed I could only get reduced priced tickets for the people who actually have the AP.

Yes, it says somewhere on the website how many you can actually buy with one person’s AP but my girlfriend and I both have AP’s and I got DAH tickets for the two of us and her 3 daughters In one transaction.

I agree. I was actually able to purchase 7 DAH tickets on my account with my AP. DH also has an AP and I bought his ticket as well, but I thought it was interesting that I didn't have to do it in two transactions or anything. We had no trouble using the tickets when the time came.

We’re now close enough to the Villains date that I tend to trust the attraction hours on the Disney website a bit more.

All of the rides and attractions normally open during DAH show “Special Ticketed Event - 10pm-1am” except the character meets.

Now, I don’t necessarily trust the website to be 100% fact, but it may provide clues.

TBD!

We’re now close enough to the Villains date that I tend to trust the attraction hours on the Disney website a bit more.

Is anyone else surprised by the radio silence about the event as we get closer? I was excited to see the blog post about special food (posted 4/29) but other than the announcement of the event (4/2 - teaser, 4/19 full), I don't think we've gotten any details. Is there something I'm missing?

Is anyone else surprised by the radio silence about the event as we get closer? I was excited to see the blog post about special food (posted 4/29) but other than the announcement of the event (4/2 - teaser, 4/19 full), I don't think we've gotten any details. Is there something I'm missing?
I feel the same way. I was hoping we would see something about the event exclusive merchandise by now. 🤔

They used the word “villains” - that’s all Disney has to do. :-)

But in seriousness, these After Hours events have never had a ton of clarity to them and are only lightly advertised, generally speaking. I’m kind of surprised at the minimal info and I’m kind of not.

My guess is ticket sales have been stout and they don’t need to do much, but I guess we’ll see.

If we look to things like MNSSHP as precedent (admittedly a different deal), they don’t really announce many of the event specifics until people get a map that day.

My guess is ticket sales have been stout and they don’t need to do much, but I guess we’ll see.
I was wondering about that. A friend decided to join us last minute, and tickets were still available. I got mine on the first day fearing a sell-out. I guess that's not going to happen? You'd think it would...

I was wondering about that. A friend decided to join us last minute, and tickets were still available. I got mine on the first day fearing a sell-out. I guess that's not going to happen? You'd think it would...

FWIW, Page 1 of this thread has tables with the sell out history of DAH dates. Sell outs have historically been more of the exception than the norm, especially now with a lot more DAH options at multiple parks. When they have sold out, it has usually been same day or pretty close to the event. Generally speaking.

Now, these Villains things could be different depending on the unknowns of demand and guest count - hard to know. It wouldn’t surprise me if next Thursday eventually sells out just given first event hoopla. But on the other hand I’m sure the price increase is a turn off for some, so who knows! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter