Disboutiquers Part 23 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just found you today...looks like a terrific thread. Hope you all don't mind If I stick around. Nothing really to offer at this time. I have a wonderful embrodery machine.. and need to start really using it. Hope to share something with all of you soon.

Just an update: I went and saw my dad. He is out of the hospital but seems to think he is not really sick. He also thought that if he gets a bone marrow transplant, he will be cured. He does not seem to realize that his type of cancer has a very high relapse rate ( three yr survival rate is 15%, five yr less).

Also, if you could spare some good thoughts for me, I would appreciate it. My dr called with some bad test results before I left and I am now scheduled for a biopsy. Thanks.

:grouphug:

I decided to finally unlurk and say hi since I decided to sign up for the Big Give group. I have been following the thread for at least 3 parts now and have been admiring everyone's work. I figure it is time for me to join in the fun!

It sounds like a few people are planning, making, or recently completed their autograph quilt, so I decided to show my work in progress!

th_SignatureQuilt.jpg

Thanks for looking!

That is just amazing!

Hi, just found you today...looks like a terrific thread. Hope you all don't mind If I stick around. Nothing really to offer at this time. I have a wonderful embrodery machine.. and need to start really using it. Hope to share something with all of you soon.

:welcome: and this thread site should come with a disclaimer though, because this thread becomes very addictive and expensive as I keep buying all this sewing stuff:rotfl:

Welcome!! I can't wait to see what you make! Stick around for sure!

24 hours until we leave for the airport...and I am at work until at least 3.

I have 4 more appliques to do for Claire's dress for CRT, 2 criss-cross halters to sew, 2 round neck tops to sew, Claire's dress (simply sweet) to sew, 3 dresses to sew bias tape to, a skirt and a top to take in (Molly is apparently tinier than I thought) and 10 T-shirts to applique.

Of the T-shirts, I feel like I HAVE to get 5 of them done...the rest would be icing on the cake.

Plus I have to finish the autograph books, although Claire is old enough I can put her on Cricut duty tonight and I can tie the ribbons on the binding at the airport.

And I still have to finish packing! LUckily I have an awesome DH who has been helping me pile things on top of the suitcase all week.

Something tells me I'm not getting any sleep tonight! That's okay though because I'll be at Disney tomorrow!!!!!

I know you'll finish up, atleast most of it! Thanks for friending me! I love seeing all the pictures of the kiddos.

I decided to finally unlurk and say hi since I decided to sign up for the Big Give group. I have been following the thread for at least 3 parts now and have been admiring everyone's work. I figure it is time for me to join in the fun!

It sounds like a few people are planning, making, or recently completed their autograph quilt, so I decided to show my work in progress!

th_SignatureQuilt.jpg

This is inspired by the following "quilt" at Mickey's tent:

th_SignatureQuiltInspiration.jpg

The signatures are actually embroidered onto the blocks because they probably last longer than fabric marker. The Mickey heads are appliques. I still need to actually quilt and bind it, though it probably won't happen until the new year!

Thanks for looking!

This turned out beautiful! I love that you embroidered the names. I highly doubt I ever make a quilt like this (just not something DS7 would like) but I would for sure embroider also! Then again, I could make one for me!

th_SignatureQuilt.jpg

The signatures are actually embroidered onto the blocks because they probably last longer than fabric marker. The Mickey heads are appliques. I still need to actually quilt and bind it, though it probably won't happen until the new year!

Thanks for looking!

:love: This is wonderful! Now I really wish I'd had time to cut the fabric for our last trip. I'll have to do it for next time.

SignatureQuilt.jpg

This quilt is just gorgeous! I don't have the patience or skill to do anything like it, but I absolutely love it!

I know Wendy has posted a lot about the Big Give, if anyone is thinking about joining I'll second her in saying how great it is to be a part of. I'm only signed up for my second give, but I really enjoy what we do and Know that it means a lot to the families, so sign up :-)

Colleen

I have to say I have loved being part of the Gives. They give me such a warm fuzzy feeling.

I am working on my 4th one right now and just totally love helping these families.

SignatureQuilt.jpg

This quilt is just gorgeous! I don't have the patience or skill to do anything like it, but I absolutely love it!

I know Wendy has posted a lot about the Big Give, if anyone is thinking about joining I'll second her in saying how great it is to be a part of. I'm only signed up for my second give, but I really enjoy what we do and Know that it means a lot to the families, so sign up :-)

Colleen

Just a reminder that the ship date for Alexander's Give is TODAY
http://s3.excoboard.com/DisBigGive/69525

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED OUT WITH THIS GIVE!!!

I have to say I have loved being part of the Gives. They give me such a warm fuzzy feeling.

I am working on my 4th one right now and just totally love helping these families.

It is so much fun to work all together with these families to create such special "hoopla" for them before their trip!!!! Every family is just so thankful!!! Everyone is always welcome to come onboard with us and even just be an encourager!!!!

Thanks Everyone!!!!:grouphug:

This has actually been done for a while, but I misplaced the movie camera applique I'd bought ages ago and had to order a new one, which just arrived today. So now the outfit is OFFICIALLY done! This is for the day we go to Disney Hollywood Studios and is my fifth custom for the trip (working on a Princess themed stripwork jumper right now):
th_IMG_0724.jpg

Close up of the infamous applique:
th_IMG_0725.jpg

Great job....love the fabric on the bodice of the shirt. I haven't seen that before.

And please pass along to your husband (Mr. Mc Duck?) thanks from me and millions of other Americans for his service in the US Navy :sail:. He's probably one of the few people who does NOT get Veteran's Day off.

I second this!!!! Thank you to all of you who have loved ones serving now or in the past!! Their sacrifice along with yours means everything!

I missed a lot in just 5 days of being away. I skimmed through the back pages and saw some very cute things.

To start let me say this was my first Disney trip making costumes. I want very good at taking pictures, but this is what I have(there are a few more on the photopass card).

First day was Remy and I didn't get a picture of DD in the skirt.
th_IMG_1120.jpg

Everything looks so cute but I especially love this one!! Be sure and post the photopass pics when you can.

Kinda late getting here... used the Floo network and it took me to Diagon Alley. I decided to walk over since I had trouble with directions.

Okay, it's kind of goofy, but I embroidered toilet paper for my co workers. I hear that they sell for an easy $10 at craft shows. I put a snowman face on it, then used the basket wrap to make it fancy with tons of curling ribbon. I "think" I got the pattern from YCMT.

I'm waiting for them to come out with a pill for that.

Haha....I love your route to this board!! And I must say...I am totally intriqued by the thought of embroidering on toilet paper. I am going to have to look that up and do it.

They sell stroller/wheelchair costumes and they are very easy to make. A little girl who used to go to school with my oldest had them and I know mom would buy them. If you get the measurements I can try to explain it better. You can make tutus that attach by velco to the bars and also a chair costume out of fleece. PM me if I am not explaining well.

Just an update: I went and saw my dad. He is out of the hospital but seems to think he is not really sick. He also thought that if he gets a bone marrow transplant, he will be cured. He does not seem to realize that his type of cancer has a very high relapse rate ( three yr survival rate is 15%, five yr less).

Also, if you could spare some good thoughts for me, I would appreciate it. My dr called with some bad test results before I left and I am now scheduled for a biopsy. Thanks.

:hug:

th_SignatureQuilt.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Super idea....what a treasure this will be! I love it.

Stick around...we love having new people. This is quite a group....be prepared to laugh, cry, and sew with the rest of us....We have so much fun and it is soooo addicting.

I have 4 more appliques to do for Claire's dress for CRT, 2 criss-cross halters to sew, 2 round neck tops to sew, Claire's dress (simply sweet) to sew, 3 dresses to sew bias tape to, a skirt and a top to take in (Molly is apparently tinier than I thought) and 10 T-shirts to applique.

Of the T-shirts, I feel like I HAVE to get 5 of them done...the rest would be icing on the cake.

Plus I have to finish the autograph books, although Claire is old enough I can put her on Cricut duty tonight and I can tie the ribbons on the binding at the airport.

And I still have to finish packing! LUckily I have an awesome DH who has been helping me pile things on top of the suitcase all week.

Something tells me I'm not getting any sleep tonight! That's okay though because I'll be at Disney tomorrow!!!!!

Wow...I am tired for you! Have a great trip!!

100acrePrincess - Congrats on the new baby! What a doll!

Andrea - Love the CARS bowling shirts. They are adorable.

Christmas Outfit Question??

Where are all the awesome Disney Christmas outfits?? I know I've seen them here before, and I know not everyone posts to the photobucket album.. BUT there isn't one single Christmas outfit in there!

If you've made one, can I see it? Is there another link to somewhere with awesome disney christmas outfits?? I just need some inspiration for our trip in two weeks! THANK YOU!!!!

:worship::worship::worship:

This is what I made for my daughter last Christmas. It's an A-line top with a modified shoulder and my take on LisaZoe's Zoe skirt.

DSC_0363.jpg

Madison just came home to tell me she needs a Poodle skirt for 50's day at school Monday. Oh and she dosnt want a poodle on her skirt but a kitty! So I have my Kitty picture and I am going to start the Applique tonight. Wish me luck :rotfl: ;)

Hi and welcome, glad to have you join us. Looking forward to your creative posts. What kind of machine do you have? Wonderful is good.

I decided I will try and post pictures more often again! I just unloaded the camera and here are two shirts I made for a big give. I love the way they turned out.

th-39605_457049123514_46807318514_5530447_2755539_n.jpg

And here is a dress I made for the little sister of a boy in Dallas' cub scout den. She was so sweet and wants to learn how to sew (she is 6) and was quite chatty during a camping trip we went on. She was very interested in what I was doing and how I did it. I was cutting the patterns while there.

th_73736_457051573514_46807318514_5530477_1708316_n.jpg

I must get back to work now. I have loved all the halloween costumes posted and outfits in general. I know I don't come over here nearly as often since we can all chat on facebook and I follow along that way. I also need to make an effort and find alot of you on facebook.
Jessica, you are beyond amazing. Love it all.

Here are a few other things Ive done. Let me know if you guys think they would be cool to gift as well!

Name Pillows, can get very creative with all the fabric choices:[/
SIZE]

th_DSC_0436.jpg

th_DSC_0437.jpg

th_DSC_0187.jpg

Some hairclips:
th_DSC_0455_edited-1.jpg
I tried shrinking the pics a little but they are still huge. Sorry about that!
~Steph

I think they are super sweet and make great gifts. Well done.

This has actually been done for a while, but I misplaced the movie camera applique I'd bought ages ago and had to order a new one, which just arrived today. So now the outfit is OFFICIALLY done! This is for the day we go to Disney Hollywood Studios and is my fifth custom for the trip (working on a Princess themed stripwork jumper right now):

tgh_IMG_0724.jpg

Close up of the infamous applique:
th_IMG_0725.jpg

Skirt:
th_IMG_0726.jpg

Lining and tulle layer of skirt:
th_IMG_0714.jpg

This is a favorite of Kaity's so far.
I just love the movie applique and how cute the colour choice is. The tulle makes it very girly.

th_051.jpg

Those bowling shirts are soooo cute!

Colleen

Yay!! I can do pics now! :cool1:
Bowling shirts are the best if you sew for just boys.

Thanks for your suggestions, I shall order the simply sweet pattern this week. I love the idea about the button hole for her feeding tube. I am wondering as a newbie where you get your applique patterns? Do they come with these machines you all speak of or can any machine hand applique?
Thanks for your help
I have a few on my machine, I check my favorite site for free designs and then I also have a library of designs I have bought. I did start out doing them by hand. Good luck and thanks for doing the Big Give.

I missed a lot in just 5 days of being away. I skimmed through the back pages and saw some very cute things.

To start let me say this was my first Disney trip making costumes. I want very good at taking pictures, but this is what I have(there are a few more on the photopass card).

th_IMG_1120.jpg

Second day was Epcot
th_IMG_1142.jpg

Day three I made a Christmas Dress for breakfast at 1900 parke fair.
th_IMG_1198.jpg

th_IMG_1118.jpg

And I made DS a Cheshire cat t-shirt
th_IMG_1170.jpg

And last was DHS so I made toy story dress and top, but the only picture of them in them are on photopass.
th_IMG_1121.jpg

We also did Belles Christmas dress, but it is also on photopass. DD wore it to the castle and got lots of comments from the princesses.
Congrats on making customs for the first time. Did you like dressing up each day? We love to wear customs....well ok...the boys wear what I say to wear and that is all I can ask. Love all the wonderful outfits you made.

We are back! I will post pics later - maybe tomorrow. Had a good time, already wish we were back, already making plans for January & June!
Glad you got to go and can't wait to see the fun.

Of course prayers for Peace for you and your family. Having a sick parent is very hard.:hug:

th_SignatureQuilt.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Love the patch work.

Whew, just got tired reading what you are doing. Have a fun and magical trip.

This is what I made for my daughter last Christmas. It's an A-line top with a modified shoulder and my take on LisaZoe's Zoe skirt.

th_DSC_0363.jpg
Super take on the skirt! I love the Christmas dress and you are the first to post something Christmas???

Just received my PE770 in today and it was cheaper at ***mart with only $.97 shipping to my house:cool1:
Congrats, guess you'll be too busy to post for a few days.

:hug:

th_SignatureQuilt.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Wow, this is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Yikes! Maybe you can sleep on the plane. Enjoy your trip:yay:

Welcome and we'd love for you to stick around.

Madison just came home to tell me she needs a Poodle skirt for 50's day at school Monday. Oh and she dosnt want a poodle on her skirt but a kitty! So I have my Kitty picture and I am going to start the Applique tonight. Wish me luck :rotfl: ;)
At least she didn't wait until Sunday night to tell you. Good luck

h518may - sorry I must have missed quoting your stuff. Everything came out really nice. I really like the matching Toy Story set.

The sewing machine arrived from Amazon.com today. I'm afraid to open it, LOL! Is there a "this works great with the Brother CS6000i machine" thread or blog or something? I did check the bookmarks but nothing jumped out at me. Mama has some shopping to do and our nearest fabric store (Hancock's) is 70 miles away. Yep, no supplies at all*, I'm starting FRESH!

What would YOU buy?

*okay, I do have a few of Carla C's patterns. :laughing:

The sewing machine arrived from Amazon.com today. I'm afraid to open it, LOL! Is there a "this works great with the Brother CS6000i machine" thread or blog or something? I did check the bookmarks but nothing jumped out at me. Mama has some shopping to do and our nearest fabric store (Hancock's) is 70 miles away. Yep, no supplies at all*, I'm starting FRESH!

What would YOU buy?

*okay, I do have a few of Carla C's patterns. :laughing:

I would buy GOOD thread, stablizer, good scissors, and fabric....and if you have time I could send you my wish list to pick up too! hahaha!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::happytv::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::laughing::laughing:

Ok, ladies I need your expertise! I have a brother SE350 and I am soooo frustrated. I am doing an applique and when I took the cartridge out to cut the fabric, it reset the design!!! Then halfway through another design, the bobbin ran out of thread and....of course when I put new stuff in, it....RESET the DESIGN!!!! uggghh! Is there a way to make it not do that! Please help before I throw a hissfit!:scared::furious:

Thank you sooooo much!
Erica
ETA: Ok nevermind...I can just take the hoop out and not the whole cartridge...I'm leaving up my silly question so someone else doesn't have to embarrass themselves and ask it! :) Is there a blushing smilie??

Christmas Outfit Question??

Where are all the awesome Disney Christmas outfits?? I know I've seen them here before, and I know not everyone posts to the photobucket album.. BUT there isn't one single Christmas outfit in there!

If you've made one, can I see it? Is there another link to somewhere with awesome disney christmas outfits?? I just need some inspiration for our trip in two weeks! THANK YOU!!!!

:worship::worship::worship:

Here are two of mine...still working on a Mickey and friends Christmas dress...it would be done if I wasn't sooo sick!

PumpkinPatch2010078-1.jpg

Ak dress
ebaysept003.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg
Love Love Love this!

IMG_0724.jpg

This is a favorite of Kaity's so far.

This is really cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter