Disboutiquers Part 23 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided I will try and post pictures more often again! I just unloaded the camera and here are two shirts I made for a big give. I love the way they turned out.

39605_457049123514_46807318514_5530447_2755539_n.jpg

And here is a dress I made for the little sister of a boy in Dallas' cub scout den. She was so sweet and wants to learn how to sew (she is 6) and was quite chatty during a camping trip we went on. She was very interested in what I was doing and how I did it. I was cutting the patterns while there.

73736_457051573514_46807318514_5530477_1708316_n.jpg

I must get back to work now. I have loved all the halloween costumes posted and outfits in general. I know I don't come over here nearly as often since we can all chat on facebook and I follow along that way. I also need to make an effort and find alot of you on facebook.

I love all your work so I am glad you are going to post more!! I don't know much about P&F, but if my boys were still little I bet I would!! Love the minnie dress!

Here are a few other things Ive done. Let me know if you guys think they would be cool to gift as well!

Name Pillows, can get very creative with all the fabric choices:[/
SIZE]

th_DSC_0436.jpg

th_DSC_0437.jpg

th_DSC_0187.jpg

Some hairclips:
th_DSC_0455_edited-1.jpg
I tried shrinking the pics a little but they are still huge. Sorry about that!
~Steph

I think these would all be great for big gives!

I have not been doing much sewing since we got back from our trip but I did make my boys halloween pirate costumes. Here they are:

Here is on with the girls. They are Disney outfits but I thought I wuld add them because they were so cute!

IMG_3506.jpg

I have started some Christmas sewing. I have made a pillowcase for a friend and an apron for my SIL. I have a bag to make and two dresses for my daughters. I plan to make a feliz. I am kind of nervous about it! I bought fabric that has a pattern of snowmen. Will it look ok with the overdress being in three pieces? Also, what size ruffles should I make for a 2T and a 5T? TIA!

Your work is always awesome and your kids are just so darn cute!

This has actually been done for a while, but I misplaced the movie camera applique I'd bought ages ago and had to order a new one, which just arrived today. So now the outfit is OFFICIALLY done! This is for the day we go to Disney Hollywood Studios and is my fifth custom for the trip (working on a Princess themed stripwork jumper right now):

th_IMG_0724.jpg

Close up of the infamous applique:
th_IMG_0725.jpg

Skirt:
th_IMG_0726.jpg

Lining and tulle layer of skirt:
th_IMG_0714.jpg

This is a favorite of Kaity's so far.

That came out really great!

I decided I will try and post pictures more often again! I just unloaded the camera and here are two shirts I made for a big give. I love the way they turned out.

Wonderful. I especially like the Phineas and Ferb shirts. (Couldn't figure out how to make them smaller:upsidedow ).

I have not been doing much sewing since we got back from our trip but I did make my boys halloween pirate costumes. Here they are:

th_IMG_3506.jpg

WOW! I alternate between wishing I had done more sewing when my sons were younger and being thankful DIS wasn't around then 'cuz I would have gone crazy! The outfits are amazing.

This has actually been done for a while, but I misplaced the movie camera applique I'd bought ages ago and had to order a new one, which just arrived today. So now the outfit is OFFICIALLY done! This is for the day we go to Disney Hollywood Studios and is my fifth custom for the trip (working on a Princess themed stripwork jumper right now):

th_IMG_0724.jpg

Close up of the infamous applique:
th_IMG_0725.jpg

I LOVE IT!

And please pass along to your husband (Mr. Mc Duck?) thanks from me and millions of other Americans for his service in the US Navy :sail:. He's probably one of the few people who does NOT get Veteran's Day off.

I meant to "grab" the name pillows, too, but apparently didn't. Nice work, and you've given some of us ideas for holiday gifts.

Hi Everyone!!

LOVE the P and F shirts Jessica!! Pirates and Princesses are too CUTE!! Can Cozies are awesome!!

Here is a picture of Emily's Kid Kart Wheelchair. She is one of our current Big Give cutie pies. ANyone have any ideas of how to disneyfy this at all? ANyone creative???????? Would LOVE some help with a few more outfits, maybe something for mom and dad???? Pretty please??? THANKS!!!!!:goodvibes

IMG_0042.jpg

I just fell in love with Emily's family! The red haired oldest boy is so adorable!! Well, they all are! I was wondering what the stroller/cart looked like. I am not good with creative but I just want to take her and hug her!!

Thank you for the compliments everyone. I am not sure I like the show P&F, it always seems loud and obnoxious but I try not to pay attention to it so have never actually seen it. I love the beginning song though and it is super catchy. We don't have Disney channel so I only have to listen when on vacation.

I copy my pictures from facebook so they always seem so big and won't shrink. Sorry!

I love the pillows and clips and pirates and bowling shirts and love the mgm dress! I have seen that fabric and always thought cars but never had an idea. It just all goes together so well!

I missed a lot in just 5 days of being away. I skimmed through the back pages and saw some very cute things.

To start let me say this was my first Disney trip making costumes. I want very good at taking pictures, but this is what I have(there are a few more on the photopass card).

First day was Remy and I didn't get a picture of DD in the skirt.
IMG_1120.jpg

Second day was Epcot
IMG_1142.jpg

Day three I made a Christmas Dress for breakfast at 1900 parke fair.
IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

And I made DS a Cheshire cat t-shirt
IMG_1170.jpg

And last was DHS so I made toy story dress and top, but the only picture of them in them are on photopass.
IMG_1121.jpg

We also did Belles Christmas dress, but it is also on photopass. DD wore it to the castle and got lots of comments from the princesses.

I better get around to posting my Halloween outfits before page 10 comes and goes and I get sent to the principal's office. I have been reading and looking at everyone's wonderful creations (including a new baby!) but have been a wee bit busy aside from that.

Here are my Shark and Dolphin based on Easy Fits and Raglan Hoodies (and now I can make dd some horse fleece pullovers b/c the raglan hoodie is easy):

FRONT:
th_002.jpg

BACK:
th_012.jpg

It was a little challenging sewing with some of the ginormous foam pieces but I can't complain -- dh got the foam from some packing at work so it was free! And ds's pants have no fins on them so he now has an instant pair of new pj bottoms. No clue what to do with the other large pieces -- I guess I'll save them for a while if the kids want to play dress up, but the costumes are very space occupying. And thankfully it was a little cooler on Halloween -- it's was in the 80's the week prior and dd complained about how hot the costume was during a fitting -- she still complained Hallowwen night as well, but at least it was bearable.

And these are Big Give bowling shirts I did for Michael's Big Give. I was worried about doing the small size for the one year old but it was easy and turned out so stinkin' cute. And my good ol' cheap Singer that drives me nuts with cleaning the bobbin comparment all the time has the easiest foot for doing buttonholes. I have never goofed on a single one and would like to attempt a bowling shirt without the placket.

th_051.jpg

I will definitely participate in more Big Gives in the future -- though may not have much time until after Christmas -- I am swamped with other things right now.

Those are awesome!! You did a great job!

And here is a dress I made for the little sister of a boy in Dallas' cub scout den. She was so sweet and wants to learn how to sew (she is 6) and was quite chatty during a camping trip we went on. She was very interested in what I was doing and how I did it. I was cutting the patterns while there.

I must get back to work now. I have loved all the halloween costumes posted and outfits in general. I know I don't come over here nearly as often since we can all chat on facebook and I follow along that way. I also need to make an effort and find alot of you on facebook.
Those shirts are absolutely adorable! And the dress...too cute!!

Here are a few other things Ive done. Let me know if you guys think they would be cool to gift as well!

Name Pillows, can get very creative with all the fabric choices:[/
SIZE]

th_DSC_0436.jpg

th_DSC_0437.jpg

th_DSC_0187.jpg

Some hairclips:
th_DSC_0455_edited-1.jpg
I tried shrinking the pics a little but they are still huge. Sorry about that!
~Steph

Man I sure wish I had a the capability to do pillows! Those are super cute!

th_IMG_3511.jpg

th_IMG_3509.jpg

Here is on with the girls. They are Disney outfits but I thought I wuld add them because they were so cute!

th_IMG_3506.jpg

I have started some Christmas sewing. I have made a pillowcase for a friend and an apron for my SIL. I have a bag to make and two dresses for my daughters. I plan to make a feliz. I am kind of nervous about it! I bought fabric that has a pattern of snowmen. Will it look ok with the overdress being in three pieces? Also, what size ruffles should I make for a 2T and a 5T? TIA!
Argh! Pirates! Great job!

Kinda late getting here... used the Floo network and it took me to Diagon Alley. I decided to walk over since I had trouble with directions.

:santa:*Need your ideas please! Christmas Gift Related*:santa:

I have 53 staff members and want to give them something for Christmas. I have done baked goods, ornaments, mugs, personalized wooden things and other stuff in the past - usually things I make. I was thinking of doing something on the emb machine this year.

Anybody know what I could make (I could start now...) that would be around $1 or 1.50 per person to make in supplies?

Any ideas are greatly welcome as I have to stick to my budget and this one always kills me... I miss the days of 15 staffers - I did neat emb lap blankets and wooden snowmen - I can't do that for over 50 I would die....:laughing:

Thanks for your help,:love:

Okay, it's kind of goofy, but I embroidered toilet paper for my co workers. I hear that they sell for an easy $10 at craft shows. I put a snowman face on it, then used the basket wrap to make it fancy with tons of curling ribbon. I "think" I got the pattern from YCMT.

We leave in 3 days. 3. I have so much sewing left undone. Ugh. Why do I do this. Procrastinate. Procrastinate. It must be something to do with creative genes right?

I'm waiting for them to come out with a pill for that.

Have you looked into home shopping network? I got my PE 770 there this summer on flex pay!!! It was the only way that I could do it!! and if you are a first time customer, you can get a coupon too!!!! It was an awesome deal for me! I also have a Brother 270 which only does 4x4 and I did love it too!!! the designs are just much smaller - but still FUN!!! Got mine off craigslist!!

Hope you can figure out a way!! They are really fun!!

Wendy

Just received my PE770 in today and it was cheaper at ***mart with only $.97 shipping to my house:cool1:

Love this shirt.:goodvibes I need so many ideas for my sons for our trip.

Love this especially P&F.

Wow! Y'all weren't kidding when you said Coats and Clark thread wasn't the thing to use! In the past, I always thought that I was doing something wrong or something was the matter with my machine because the thread kept getting wound around the spindle that holds the bobbin. I was making some Easy Fits yesterday and that kept happening. I switched from the C&C to some thread that I got in a bargain bin somewhere and bye bye frustration! I'm going to have quite a time finding another brand of thread here in East Podunk, but I'm hoping to hit the fabric outlet when we go home to Minneapolis for Christmas and stock up there.

Thanks for solving my problem for me!

Lori in East Podunk

I was able to order some thread (it starts with a G) from online at Joannes. It came in a display case and everything. I ordered in during Labor day when they had a huge sale.

Thank you for the compliments everyone. I am not sure I like the show P&F, it always seems loud and obnoxious but I try not to pay attention to it so have never actually seen it. I love the beginning song though and it is super catchy. We don't have Disney channel so I only have to listen when on vacation.

We love P&F at our house. It actually is really cute and the boys are so good, especially to their sister. :rotfl:

th_IMG_1120.jpg

Second day was Epcot
th_IMG_1142.jpg

th_IMG_1198.jpg

th_IMG_1118.jpg

And last was DHS so I made toy story dress and top, but the only picture of them in them are on photopass.
th_IMG_1121.jpg

Everything came out beautiful.:goodvibes

Okay, it's kind of goofy, but I embroidered toilet paper for my co workers. I hear that they sell for an easy $10 at craft shows. I put a snowman face on it, then used the basket wrap to make it fancy with tons of curling ribbon. I "think" I got the pattern from YCMT.

I did that for my daughter and daughter in law for part of their Easter present! They were a big hit! I monogrammed them....they both have them in their guest bathroom.

Reallllllllly quick!

Nini

I missed a lot in just 5 days of being away. I skimmed through the back pages and saw some very cute things.

To start let me say this was my first Disney trip making costumes. I want very good at taking pictures, but this is what I have(there are a few more on the photopass card).

First day was Remy and I didn't get a picture of DD in the skirt.
IMG_1120.jpg

Second day was Epcot
IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

And I made DS a Cheshire cat t-shirt
IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

We also did Belles Christmas dress, but it is also on photopass. DD wore it to the castle and got lots of comments from the princesses.

Really CUTE!! Especially love the Christmas dress!!!!!:thumbsup2

We are back! I will post pics later - maybe tomorrow. Had a good time, already wish we were back, already making plans for January & June!

Hi Everyone!!

LOVE the P and F shirts Jessica!! Pirates and Princesses are too CUTE!! Can Cozies are awesome!!

Here is a picture of Emily's Kid Kart Wheelchair. She is one of our current Big Give cutie pies. ANyone have any ideas of how to disneyfy this at all? ANyone creative???????? Would LOVE some help with a few more outfits, maybe something for mom and dad???? Pretty please??? THANKS!!!!!:goodvibes

IMG_0042.jpg

They sell stroller/wheelchair costumes and they are very easy to make. A little girl who used to go to school with my oldest had them and I know mom would buy them. If you get the measurements I can try to explain it better. You can make tutus that attach by velco to the bars and also a chair costume out of fleece. PM me if I am not explaining well.

Just an update: I went and saw my dad. He is out of the hospital but seems to think he is not really sick. He also thought that if he gets a bone marrow transplant, he will be cured. He does not seem to realize that his type of cancer has a very high relapse rate ( three yr survival rate is 15%, five yr less).

Also, if you could spare some good thoughts for me, I would appreciate it. My dr called with some bad test results before I left and I am now scheduled for a biopsy. Thanks.

They sell stroller/wheelchair costumes and they are very easy to make. A little girl who used to go to school with my oldest had them and I know mom would buy them. If you get the measurements I can try to explain it better. You can make tutus that attach by velco to the bars and also a chair costume out of fleece. PM me if I am not explaining well.

Just an update: I went and saw my dad. He is out of the hospital but seems to think he is not really sick. He also thought that if he gets a bone marrow transplant, he will be cured. He does not seem to realize that his type of cancer has a very high relapse rate ( three yr survival rate is 15%, five yr less).

Also, if you could spare some good thoughts for me, I would appreciate it. My dr called with some bad test results before I left and I am now scheduled for a biopsy. Thanks.

:hug: Saying prayers for you and your dad.....

I'd LOVE it if you could help with Emily's wheelchair - what measurements would you need? I can get them for you!!!!!!!:goodvibes Im so excited!!!

How about a waterbottle holder for the wheelchair or a stroller organizer (I'm sure there is a way to attach it).

I decided to finally unlurk and say hi since I decided to sign up for the Big Give group. I have been following the thread for at least 3 parts now and have been admiring everyone's work. I figure it is time for me to join in the fun!

It sounds like a few people are planning, making, or recently completed their autograph quilt, so I decided to show my work in progress!

SignatureQuilt.jpg

This is inspired by the following "quilt" at Mickey's tent:

SignatureQuiltInspiration.jpg

The signatures are actually embroidered onto the blocks because they probably last longer than fabric marker. The Mickey heads are appliques. I still need to actually quilt and bind it, though it probably won't happen until the new year!

Thanks for looking!

:hug: Saying prayers for you and your dad.....

I'd LOVE it if you could help with Emily's wheelchair - what measurements would you need? I can get them for you!!!!!!!:goodvibes Im so excited!!!

side back side measure. The chair costumes I know hooked on the side around the back to the other side. They stopped at the feet so it didn't bother her. The ones out of fleece also kept her warm like a blanket but were attach so they didn't fall off. They openned to like an access panel. I know that sounded so clear like mud:rotfl2:. A tutu one is very easy.

How about a waterbottle holder for the wheelchair or a stroller organizer (I'm sure there is a way to attach it).

WOW - both are GREAT ideas!! Especially with all the kids!!!! I can only imagine all the water bottles!! lol - do you need me to get you any info or measurements????:goodvibes

I decided to finally unlurk and say hi since I decided to sign up for the Big Give group. I have been following the thread for at least 3 parts now and have been admiring everyone's work. I figure it is time for me to join in the fun!

It sounds like a few people are planning, making, or recently completed their autograph quilt, so I decided to show my work in progress!

SignatureQuilt.jpg

This is inspired by the following "quilt" at Mickey's tent:

SignatureQuiltInspiration.jpg

The signatures are actually embroidered onto the blocks because they probably last longer than fabric marker. The Mickey heads are appliques. I still need to actually quilt and bind it, though it probably won't happen until the new year!

Thanks for looking!

My Gosh - I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter