Disboutiquers Part 23 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
froggy33 - thanks that's adorable!!

erikawolf2004 - thank you too! What a great idea to make an AK themed one.

MORE CHRISTMAS PLEASE!!! :)

I will leave you all with a photo of my kiddos, these were their halloween costumes:

signature2.jpg

The sewing machine arrived from Amazon.com today. I'm afraid to open it, LOL! Is there a "this works great with the Brother CS6000i machine" thread or blog or something? I did check the bookmarks but nothing jumped out at me. Mama has some shopping to do and our nearest fabric store (Hancock's) is 70 miles away. Yep, no supplies at all*, I'm starting FRESH!

What would YOU buy?

*okay, I do have a few of Carla C's patterns. :laughing:
I drive 1.45 for a fabric store so when I go the city, I spend! I don't know but read the manual, while sitting at the machine.

Here are two of mine...still working on a Mickey and friends Christmas dress...it would be done if I wasn't sooo sick!

th_PumpkinPatch2010078-1.jpg

Ak dress
th_ebaysept003.jpg
Those are just wonderful. Hope you feel better soon.

Christmas Outfit Question??

Where are all the awesome Disney Christmas outfits?? I know I've seen them here before, and I know not everyone posts to the photobucket album.. BUT there isn't one single Christmas outfit in there!

If you've made one, can I see it? Is there another link to somewhere with awesome disney christmas outfits?? I just need some inspiration for our trip in two weeks! THANK YOU!!!!

:worship::worship::worship:

This is one
IMG_1118.jpg

I also made this, to resemble Belles Christmas dress
IMG_1113.jpg

Ok, ladies I need your expertise! I have a brother SE350 and I am soooo frustrated. I am doing an applique and when I took the cartridge out to cut the fabric, it reset the design!!! Then halfway through another design, the bobbin ran out of thread and....of course when I put new stuff in, it....RESET the DESIGN!!!! uggghh! Is there a way to make it not do that! Please help before I throw a hissfit!:scared::furious:

Thank you sooooo much!
Erica
ETA: Ok nevermind...I can just take the hoop out and not the whole cartridge...I'm leaving up my silly question so someone else doesn't have to embarrass themselves and ask it! :) Is there a blushing smilie??

I have had this issue also. In your manual it will show you how to skip steps so you can get back to where you were...sorry I don't know how to prevent this. Good luck.

ok, I wouldnt normally ask, but if you all could throw a prayer my way...it has NOT been a good day! first my mom falls and they think she may have a fractured hip and now I am getting ready to leave work and I have a very flat tire w/no spare in the trunk...then I called my son to help me with it and he apparently is deciding to be a jerk and gripe at me about not having a spare tire! ugh!!! so my daughter is going to pick me up and take me home...hope the rest of the night gets better!:sad2:

I have seen some advertised on a craft site and I didn't really realize it was possible. Has anyone ever just ironed on the appliques instead of ironing and sewing? If it works, I might do a few last minute Mickey Head cut outs this weekend. Anyone have any advice?:confused3

I have seen some advertised on a craft site and I didn't really realize it was possible. Has anyone ever just ironed on the appliques instead of ironing and sewing? If it works, I might do a few last minute Mickey Head cut outs this weekend. Anyone have any advice?:confused3

I've used them, and they are fine for the first wear, but they start to come off in the wash or maybe it is the heat from the dryer. But, this was one I bought from JoAnne's, maybe the ones on etsy or somewhere else may use a better adhesive? But they would make it through your day at Disney, but then I would stitich them when you get home. Hope that helps! :)

I did that for my daughter and daughter in law for part of their Easter present! They were a big hit! I monogrammed them....they both have them in their guest bathroom.

Reallllllllly quick!

Nini

Nini, have you, or anyone here, ever embroidered with mylar? I saw on a emb site that they were using it to make the design sparkle. I was curious how it worked.

I decided to finally unlurk and say hi since I decided to sign up for the Big Give group. I have been following the thread for at least 3 parts now and have been admiring everyone's work. I figure it is time for me to join in the fun!

It sounds like a few people are planning, making, or recently completed their autograph quilt, so I decided to show my work in progress!

SignatureQuilt.jpg

This is inspired by the following "quilt" at Mickey's tent:

SignatureQuiltInspiration.jpg

The signatures are actually embroidered onto the blocks because they probably last longer than fabric marker. The Mickey heads are appliques. I still need to actually quilt and bind it, though it probably won't happen until the new year!

Thanks for looking!

I love this quilt!! I already have a bedspread and the curtains from AllStar Music for a spare bedroom, so I'd have to make a lap quilt like that. I just love the idea!! Your so smart. :worship:

ok, I wouldnt normally ask, but if you all could throw a prayer my way...it has NOT been a good day! first my mom falls and they think she may have a fractured hip and now I am getting ready to leave work and I have a very flat tire w/no spare in the trunk...then I called my son to help me with it and he apparently is deciding to be a jerk and gripe at me about not having a spare tire! ugh!!! so my daughter is going to pick me up and take me home...hope the rest of the night gets better!:sad2:

My you have had a rough day...a little pixie dust coming your way!pixiedust:

My Gosh - I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I love this! Did you digitize the actual signature or was it one you bought?

That is awesome!!

Oh wow! I am in awe! I have to say we leave in 2 days and I'm thinking I need to cut some squares fast so I can have them autographed and do that for my kiddos. Very nice job!

That quilt is so awesome!! If only people wouldn't keep giving more ideas of things I want to do LOL!!

FABULOUS! I love that you shared the inspiration shot too.

Well, Gee Thanks!!!! If my DD10 sees that I am in trouble! That is the way she wanted me to do her quilt last year....and I still haven't sewn hers together yet! (I've made three...two for the foster children and one for my GD...but not my son's and daughter's!)

Of course her ideas were not as detailed as this...and it has given me some new ideas... but really, I still have 33 shirts and have now added 4 more dresses to what I have to get finished in just 16 days!

I will not look, I will not look! I will not look!

Nini

That is awesome. Did you embroider by hand?

Emily

Wowzaa! That is one heck of a way to delurk. I love it :love::lovestruc

This turned out beautiful! I love that you embroidered the names. I highly doubt I ever make a quilt like this (just not something DS7 would like) but I would for sure embroider also! Then again, I could make one for me!

:love: This is wonderful! Now I really wish I'd had time to cut the fabric for our last trip. I'll have to do it for next time.

This quilt is just gorgeous! I don't have the patience or skill to do anything like it, but I absolutely love it!

Super idea....what a treasure this will be! I love it.

Love the patch work.

Wow, this is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

I love this quilt!! I already have a bedspread and the curtains from AllStar Music for a spare bedroom, so I'd have to make a lap quilt like that. I just love the idea!! Your so smart. :worship:

Thanks everyone for your compliment on the quilt! I am blushing as I read them! (I hope I got all of them on the multi-quote).

In terms of the specifics of the signatures - I didn't go the "bring fabric for characters to sign" route because I don't want to bring a kitchen sick into the parks. I used a 6x9 binder with heavy white paper to collect signatures. I picked through them when I got home to get the best ones for the quilt. I then scanned, resized, digitized, and embroidered them (I have a SE-270D). The Mickey heads were based on a cookie cutter that I bought a few trips back (again, the design was digitized because I wasn’t sure if I would be up for doing those “by hand”).

The quilt top was placed on a queen sized bed when I took the picture. I am sure I will be wishing for a long-arm machine when I start quilting!

I will send positive sewing vibes to the ones who are trying to finish sewing for their trips!

I am sorry. Hope your mom is okay.

I've used them, and they are fine for the first wear, but they start to come off in the wash or maybe it is the heat from the dryer. But, this was one I bought from JoAnne's, maybe the ones on etsy or somewhere else may use a better adhesive? But they would make it through your day at Disney, but then I would stitich them when you get home. Hope that helps! :)

What she said. I have made a few because people asked and said they would stitch around them later, but they won't last through a washing usually. Even some might start to curl after a long day.

Jessica, you are beyond amazing. Love it all.

Thank you!

froggy33 - thanks that's adorable!!

erikawolf2004 - thank you too! What a great idea to make an AK themed one.

MORE CHRISTMAS PLEASE!!! :)

I will leave you all with a photo of my kiddos, these were their halloween costumes:

signature2.jpg

Wow! What two cuties! I love the costumes! Dallas was Woody when he was almost 2. It was my most favorite costume I ever made and I hardly did a thing.

And because I feel like posting a new picture, here is Special Agent Oso.

75881_456056588514_46807318514_5517762_224296_n.jpg

Copied from facebook so it won't shrink. Sorry.

I am procrastinating right now, as usual. I did make me a cub scout shirt tonight. I was going to write Wolf Mom on it but then thought it didn't quite sound right, so now it just says Wolf. Hope people get it. I'll mainly wear it to scouting events, but still.

This came out GREAT!! Tim would FLIP his lid!!!! lol - he loves OSO!!!!

:wizard:

I owe Tim a shirt as it is! I think I was going to make him and Dallas Mario a long time ago and never made either. Not even sure that is the character I was thinking of.

Because I am in the mood to post pictures, look how little Dallas was.

2647_145696570326_575830326_6419329_1914433_n.jpg

He didn't quite have totally awesome curly long hair yet, but it was getting there.

And look, customs before I made customs every trip! I remember loving making these shirts. I used to have the time to just sit and watch the machine sew. What happen to the good ole days?

2647_145689845326_575830326_6419216_6114690_n.jpg

I owe Tim a shirt as it is! I think I was going to make him and Dallas Mario a long time ago and never made either. Not even sure that is the character I was thinking of.

Because I am in the mood to post pictures, look how little Dallas was.

2647_145696570326_575830326_6419329_1914433_n.jpg

He didn't quite have totally awesome curly long hair yet, but it was getting there.

And look, customs before I made customs every trip! I remember loving making these shirts. I used to have the time to just sit and watch the machine sew. What happen to the good ole days?

2647_145689845326_575830326_6419216_6114690_n.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!He is so adorable!!! you guys are so CUTE!!! Can you ask Dallas what ride I should make sure to go on at Disneyland????????:goodvibes

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!He is so adorable!!! you guys are so CUTE!!! Can you ask Dallas what ride I should make sure to go on at Disneyland????????:goodvibes

I was just looking at your ticker!! Is it really so close!! Well, since Dallas is sleeping I'll ask him in the morning but I know he'll say California Screamin' at CA and for DL he'll probably say the Haunted Mansion because it is done over for the Holiday. Don't miss it!!! He loves Space Mountain too but was not fond of the Ghost Galaxy overlay for Halloween. I am glad it is gone. Of course Jeanne's Lily was in love with it! She was so cute riding it!

I was just looking at your ticker!! Is it really so close!! Well, since Dallas is sleeping I'll ask him in the morning but I know he'll say California Screamin' at CA and for DL he'll probably say the Haunted Mansion because it is done over for the Holiday. Don't miss it!!! He loves Space Mountain too but was not fond of the Ghost Galaxy overlay for Halloween. I am glad it is gone. Of course Jeanne's Lily was in love with it! She was so cute riding it!

I bet she was cute!! I'll try to do them all!! Not sure about HM - not so into that - lol - I scare so easily you wouldnt believe it!!!!!:rotfl:

i decided to finally unlurk and say hi since i decided to sign up for the big give group. I have been following the thread for at least 3 parts now and have been admiring everyone's work. I figure it is time for me to join in the fun!

It sounds like a few people are planning, making, or recently completed their autograph quilt, so i decided to show my work in progress!

signaturequilt.jpg

LOVE IT!!!!
Soo cute :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter