DISappearing Peeps meets

Ok, saw it on another site than allears, but here is what it said:

1900 Park Fare will be closed for refurbishment starting Mon, July 9. They will be expanding and updating the restaurant during this time. The Supercalafragilistic Breakfast and Cinderella's Gala Feast will take place at the Grand Café while 1900 Park Fare is closed. The restaurant will reopen on Tue, Oct 2, 07 for business.

Great find, I had heard it was going to open beginning of Sept and meant to research that!! Maybe stick with ohana then?

I called Disney Dining and they said they could get us 3 tables of 6 (do we need more than 18? I wasnt sure if all 22 - or are we bigger than 22?) on the 25th... I was just wondering if it was even possible - large groups need to book w/in 20 min of opening or closing (so 4:50 or 8:10)

Should I book it? Should I make it more than 18?

I'll post again on our Peep thread...

If it is in the plan Aries is working for me.. I would be up to that..:thumbsup2

2 children 10 + 12

1 or 2 adults.. make it 2 we can always drop down.

i think I'm out on this one...leaving on the 25th. That's ok!! I still have Ohanas and the cruise! What is the word on the GFC lunch on the 25th?? :confused3

I'm FLexible -

I sure hope I dont upset anyone with my "brainstorming" trying to put stuff together...

As was mentioned 1900 Park Fare will be refurbished until Oct 1 - so they are moving to Grand Floridian cafe... exceptits pre plated (according to rumors) SO no all U can eat strawberry soup!! :faint: and the kids menu is very limited... preplated not for me...

I'm RETHINKING THIS RESSIE!!

Like Eventar posted, we do have a lot planned with groups, but is it enough? I think we really like each other, so that's why I was thinking of another group outing...

Maybe LTT on the 27th??? (since its a probable MNSSHHP Night???)

OK, after much consideration, I think I will just stay with the 2 group meals - Ohana and Kona...

Not sure about preordering a cake as I find the single cakes they give to be quite good...

I mentioned this to Sandy but would anyone/everyone be interested in meeting for a rope drop ride on EE on Sunday, Sept. 23rd?

eventar are our tickets base or with park hopper option?

melinda I would be in for a rope drop EE and AK day on the 23rd. dance and eventer - that wont hurt your feelings will it? If tickets are hopper then I would meet you back at epcot or later at ohana's. Ive also got some old passes that I may be able to use. Not sure how many days left on them.

Also- who has plans for the 21st? What park or dinning?

melinda I would be in for a rope drop EE and AK day on the 23rd. dance and eventer - that wont hurt your feelings will it? If tickets are hopper then I would meet you back at epcot or later at ohana's. Ive also got some old passes that I may be able to use. Not sure how many days left on them.

Also- who has plans for the 21st? What park or dinning?[/QUOTE]

No, not at all! I am just sticking with what is recommended by TGM I think. He was right last year so I trust him ;)

Sandy is right about 1900 Park Fare. I made a dinner ressie there and was told it was pre-plated, no buffet. I decided to cancel and switch to CP as I figured the charaters there would appeal to more people in our group.

im confused:confused3

Its all my fault isnt it Aries?? I'm sorry...

I dont have my spreadsheet - I dont have the list of Best Days, so I have not locked in any park on any day as of yet...

BUT, apparently Uma and Melinda are much more prepared than I am - I think Uma's trip report mentioned last year a group of Dis'ers met at EE and all rode it - I think one dad took the lil ones that couldnt ride over to the AK playland too... (I know I should have that memorized more!!) So, when I read that TR I thought, "how cool, I hope someday to ride EE with peeps!!"

and now Melinda and others are planning their park days and posting some suggestions for gatherings...

Mostly it is scaring DH considerably!! :scared1: THIS REALLY lOOkED like dh this morning :scared1: I was afraid to go to work w/o reassuring him - he would have some time alone with me!! :rotfl: I really think he will like y'all just as much as I do!!! (esp after meeting Lynda's dh, I hope to ride that TTA with them!!) :rotfl:

im confused:confused3

Also, I have ressies for 18, but 18 people didnt want to go to the pre plated dinner at 4:50 pm, and when I found out it was pre plated, I dont want to go either...

I have ressies for LTT on that Thursday, and I kept them, my family may or may not go to MNSSHP ( DH and I didnt enjoy it at all 2 years ago... we did enjoy the Hallowishes fireworks, and we're hoping its a Hallowishes display on the Ohana night... ) :confused3

so I'm using this board as a way to brainstorm ideas and plan some plans... mostly Im a run over here, run over here, get a FP over there.. I'll meet you back here cammando type tourer touror - and I dont expect anyone will follow me, I'm lucky dh does!! :rotfl2:

so I'm just talking outloud here Aries, trying to get a feel for what others are planning doing... and if someone wants to join me in my plans... :yay: and if someone wants to invite me and my family with their plans... :yay:

but its all still in the planning stages for me...

Yes, I drive my dh crazy with all m y "DREAMS" the reality is usally different - I'm a kid in a candy store - can we go here??? canwe huh huh? OK, never mind I dont like that candy anymore I want THAT candy type person!!

eventar are our tickets base or with park hopper option?

they are base tickets because we all have to have the same thing. When we check in, we can add days or extras to each ticket individually for the same price as if we did it all at the beginning.

Sparkie-No hurt feelings at all!! As long as I have someone to stalk (Jen!!) then I am A-ok! You said you were going to pass on Akershus bfast anyway and that would be 9/23 in the AM. I'll be getting in to our room around midnight on the 21st...just so you know! ;) I booked my flights the other day.

Eeyore-Here are the days Dance and I we will be at what park..see if anything lines up! A bunch of us on a ride sounds great!!
9/22 MK
9/23 Epcot
9/24 MGM
9/25 MK (half day for me!)

Aries-whatever happened to lunch at the GFC on the 25th?

Thanks Eventar...

Didnt someone want to meet up at AK and do EE together?? Why cant I find those dates??

I'm thinking about changing ADR's again!! :rotfl:

PLANNED for Group:

9/22 PI
9/23 Ohana
9/24 cruise (extra $35 pp)
9/25
9/26
9/27
9/28 Ohana wishes on beach
9/29 Food and Wine Party for the Senses ($100 per person)

I do get nervous posting our plans with our ressie # as "mischief makers" have been known to cancel adr's when they have any of your info... (I dont have personal experience, it just happened to a friend on another board - frightening)

I was just able to do it. They had standard or preferred. :goodvibes Go here:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...reeDineNavPage&CMP=ILC-DOLtoWDWQ4FY07FreeDine

to check your dates.

Also, the lady at the grand gatherings number said check-ins for the 21st and 22nd are pretty much obsolete at this point for any resort. Even if you are planning to check in on one of those days, book it for longer and call back to change it later. But the reservations people are not allowed to tell us that, I asked and she volunteered it :rolleyes1 She said they are giving more resort choices to those willing to book longer stays. We booked 20-27th and we will call back to shorten the stay on at least one of the rooms. She told me there was no penalty or chance we would lose the room as long as we called before 45 days.

Just wanted to pass this along. I know there were some others who wanted pop and didnt get it.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter