DISappearing Peeps meets

im going to it all for sept. all the dates listed..
we are now arriving 9/21 and leaving 9/30

I will need a sitter for the wine festival.

I will also need a head count for the cruise so i can book that with our grand gathering.

And where and how do I sign up for the wine fesitival thing.

and can I get a copy of the spread sheet pretty please thanks

:banana: :banana:

Based on year's past Wine Festival is at Epcot... many countries set up temporary booths to sell their wares/foods/wines of their country... Ireland, canada, Greece etc etc.. they put out a big sign that tells you what is at that booth, how much each item costs and a square with a D if its a Disney Dining Plan Snack...

There is a program that will tell you times and places for "Free" seminars... like beringer wine had a free wine tasting, it was a 20 min spiel, and maybe 1/4 total wine... so like not worth it... because its free, and because you never know sometimes it si SO WORTH IT - the lines form about an hour before - and there is a limit of seating (Beringer set up wine glasses at each table) This takes place in the permanant building in epcot, in the middle near mouse works...

Also around July they announce chefs, and countries announce pairings - and prices and dates and times... for instance there is an amazing dessert one, Japan does a Sake one, and LeCellier does a food and wine pairing, these go for around $38 a person, and sound extremely worth it... but we've not done one..

BECAUSE

THE EVENT OF THE WEEK IS.... Party of the Senses!! :cool1:
this is held on Saturdays, and it is believed that teh first one will be the first Saturday of the F&W which would place it Sat 28th of our Peep Gathering.

It begins at 6:30 and in the america pavillion there is a fun music group they want you to listen to (we never do) then over by Canada/Rose and Crown... hidden back behind pushes is a HUGE HUGE pavillion, that is Air conditioned... and they divide it by colors - and different wine distributors sample their wines... our first year you could find wines in a broad price range... last year most wines sold in wine stores for around $15 - 24 (OK I dont know for sure for each wine, but we do buy a lot of wines!! :rotfl2: ) Our first year you could taste champagne from Pomfrey - CHAmPAGne France... 2nd year it was Korbell - Remy Martin had a tasting of fine cognac - our first year Ice wine was Illisnkikn from canada ($75 a bottle here mind you!!) last year, a not very good ice wine from California..

So we'll still go... the food the chefs prepare there, in front of you... you get a glass that retails for $15 to keep, and a plate to try the various foods... beef, chicken, fish... all kinds of things you wouldnt ever try... and desserts too... it ends promptly tho at Illuminations...

and Aries, I'm sure DD would babysit - she was all alone last year, so she will welcome the company - and we have our cell phone, and she calls us and keeps in touch...

Just like Free dining - teh FOOD AND WInE FESTIVal's PARTY OF THE SENSES gets just as much time on the restaurant board... I'll keep you all informed - but there will be plenty of warning - and it usually does not sell out the first day... some never sell out... some sell out the first week it is offered... since last year wasnt as great as the year before I wouldnt anticipate a first day sell out for the first party...

also Cirque de Solei also performs... its quite grand...

Okay I will be the first to post about January.Harley and I will be there that weekend.We will be doing the 5K.The dates are Jan10-13 I think.I am not sure where we will be staying.

Harley and I are going to try to come on the weekend of Sept.22-23.We are good for anything but won't be sure exactly when we will arrive or leave.:confused3 We have family trips planned the first week of September so this will be short and sweet just to meet some PEEPS.

DH is looking forward to the Marathon, so he is committed to committing me11 :rotfl2:

I think we're planning on staying at Pop again - Lynda mentioned Pop for this trip too...

I'm thinking this trip I'll be too sore to do too much touring!! But I'm thinking we'll still do the Dining Plan, and i'll have Lynda tell me which places to plan to eat at!!

PFTS party for the senses, party of the senses, I keep forgetting - it was $100 per person last year... but think of it like a Victoria and Albert Chef Dinner + wine flight - - it suddenly becomes a bargain!! Esp if you wont have to pay for babysitting!!! (DISNEY MATH doncha know!!)

I would like to do adventures club at least one night...

Maybe a kid friendly restaurant could be in Downtown Disney?

Not so interested in a water park - but I'm still keeping the secret, so I cant ask dd...

Oh,

Curious - how many Birthdays are going to be celebrated the last week of Sept????

I read Bee said one of her Dd, I think I read someone else... and DD turns 11, so I was going to try and keep it low key and celebrate when we're not around other Peeplets... (kidlets is our kids so- - Peeps + kid = Peeplets)

Maybe I could order one cake to share at Kona, or Ohana???

There's b-days in my group. They're early but my sis and her kiddos live in Hawaii so we do holidays and b-days when we can.

Y'all have so much planned, it sounds like a ball. Just pace yourselve or you won't be doing anything but hanging out together. Oh yeah.......we came together for a common goal, becoming healthier people and changing our eating and exercising habits. I'd better not read in the TRs that all peep meets centered around food! Get off your Frannies and do something fun together! That's an order from the meetorganizingthreadmama.

Night all!

:goodvibes Thanks MHL - meetthreadorginizingthreadmama!!

luv it!!

does anyone want to do just a PEEPS only lunch? on sept. 24 or 25?

We can go to the Grand Floridian as an example:

Grand Floridian Café
Drink in the sweeping views along the veranda that overlooks the courtyard and sparkling pool. Specialties include wonderful salads, soups, sandwiches and creative entrées for lunch, and steak and fresh seafood for dinner.

have some salads and tea and do a PEEP MEET PICTURE?

Dani will be 11 on 10-1 and Tori will be 13 Nov 29.. So, If I get to come I be celebrating both birthdays.

Love, Me

AS well you should Bee!!

I'm still brainstorming the Lunch idea... LTT? hmmm how about... adventure's club... no, hmmm epcot seasons? so many ideas floating around aries!!

Fantasmic Dinner Package > > What day would be the best I've scheduled Mon 25th for Fantasmic and adr is at Mama Melrose - but I'm flexable and willing to change if any other peeps would like to come - dd would love company - and Hollywood and Vine is a buffet dh wouldnt be opposed to changing ressies to over there...

FDP > WHO, WHEN, WHERE??? The only restaurants that give you the seating ticket is H&V and MM... Brown Derby does but it is a 2TS place... so I am not doing that, even tho the food is better. Restaurant board reports MM you can order any thing off their menus...

Seating we've done this 3 times - I dont like the stress of going in the regular doors - it will be crowded the week we are there - the seating is as you inter at the top the 2 far right areas - we get there 30 min before and have prime seating choices, and yes, we are not limited to those 2 areas, but walking in the back way, seeing those areas roped off... makes me feel like a VIP I know I'm a dork!!

:cool1: :cool1:

1. Who will "celebrate" a birthday that week??

2.. Where would you like to celebrate?

3. Do you think we should do a group bday party???

4. With the group gatherings would you want your bday kids to have a free cupcake? IE OHANA< KONA

5. IF your kids will NOT be celebrating, how will a celebration at Kona or Ohana make them feel??

Please dont hold back - feel free to PM me or email me at angelmum3@yahoo.com and I will keep your feelings confidential!!

1. Who will "celebrate" a birthday that week??DD will turn 11

2.. Where would you like to celebrate? I love the cakes and slippers you can order at 1900 Park Fare - Cinderella and Prince, and the mice are there - but the Grand floridian bakery is the only bakery (well boardwalk, but that's too far!) that makes FRESH CAKES - so worth the $20 and its a HUGE chocolate cake!! I do not have ressies here yet...

3. Do you think we should do a group bday party??? I could go either way, I do have a couple of ADR's that arent group orientated, dd is old enough to understand not to hurt others feelings...

4. With the group gatherings would you want your bday kids to have a free cupcake? IE OHANA< KONA Again, I could go either way, I'm flexible, and dd has celebrated 2 years ago it was her bday in WDW, and it was amazing, and a little overwhelming for her and my mom!!

:cool1: :cool1:

1. Who will "celebrate" a birthday that week??WEll like bee Aniella will be celebrating Nov.29 so thats really up to everyone

2.. Where would you like to celebrate? doesnt matter

3. Do you think we should do a group bday party??? sure

4. With the group gatherings would you want your bday kids to have a free cupcake? IE OHANA< KONA sounds good

5. IF your kids will NOT be celebrating, how will a celebration at Kona or Ohana make them feel??
she thinks everyones birthday is hers so it doesnt phase her

Please dont hold back - feel free to PM me or email me at angelmum3@yahoo.com and I will keep your feelings confidential!!

there you go

1. Who will "celebrate" a birthday that week?? NObody with me. My sister's in at the end of August and we are paying part of her trip as a gift, btu I dont htinks he needs a party there.

2.. Where would you like to celebrate?anywhere, probably best to do it when we aleady have a meeting planned. Like somebody else said, we need to be careful not to plan TOO many things or we will be running from meet to meet.

3. Do you think we should do a group bday party??? I am open to it.

4. With the group gatherings would you want your bday kids to have a free cupcake? IE OHANA< KONA Is it really a b-day without cake?

5. IF your kids will NOT be celebrating, how will a celebration at Kona or Ohana make them feel??As long as it is low key (ie no presents) she wont care. I know at her age she understands it isnt her birthday all the time...but she is still jealous of presents :rotfl:

1. Who will "celebrate" a birthday that week?? It will probably be just me and Harley,so no bdays.

2.. Where would you like to celebrate?Doesn't matter.

3. Do you think we should do a group bday party??? I am open to it.

4. With the group gatherings would you want your bday kids to have a free cupcake? IE OHANA< KONA If I end up bringing the girls ,it is fine.

5. IF your kids will NOT be celebrating, how will a celebration at Kona or Ohana make them feel??Mine don't get upset by it.

We aren't planning on bringing my girls,though we have mentioned it.I haven't even mentioned this meet to my DH though I dis mention it to Harley's DH and he looked at me as if I were crazy.Dragonfly may come with us(makes it cheaper,she is in Brazil this week and I forgot to ask her when she called me this morning.I will ask her tomorrow.

We will be celebrating 2 birthdays.

DD10 turns 11 oct 1

Dd 12 turn 13 nov 29.

I will celebrate both.. dont care where.. dont care when.

Ok Peeps - I get the idea the kids may love to eat at 1900 Park Fair - (its a buffet -) and I can order one chocolate cake for all the birthday celbrants... (Its really good cake!! chocolate chocolate!)

NEW SURVEY

1. what day of the week?

2. Preference of time? (early or later 4:30 would be early 7:30 would be later)

3. Prefer a different place to celebrate?

(again, feel free to email me any thoughts if you want to remain confidential angelmum3@yahoo.com)

:cool1: were going to disney... :cool1:

So far I know we have 23rd set at Ohana
28th set at Kona...

I have LeCellier set for the 24th just my family of 3
I have Cali grille set for our family 26th
I have the 29th set for Party of the senses (Tickets go on sale June/July $100 a piece last year 6-10pm I believe)
So we could do Arrival day Sat Sept 22
or

Try again

22 - - - - - Open Saturday (arrival day)
23 - - - - - Ohana - Peep Meet Set
24 - - - -- - Le cellier (family 3) Set
25 - - - - - - ( family of 3 Fantasmmic Dining - I could change) Flexible
26 - - - - - - Cali grille (family) Set
27 - - - - - - Liberty Tree Tavern (Family 3) Flexible (possible MNNSHP?)
28- - - - - - Kona - Peep Meet (possible MNSSHP)
29- - - - -- - Party of the Senses (adult only) Set
30 - - - - - departure day (Ohana for breakfast 9 am! family)

OK so, is it possible to do another Gathering at 1900?? If not we could do something at Ohana or Kona...

Ok Peeps - I get the idea the kids may love to eat at 1900 Park Fair - (its a buffet -) and I can order one chocolate cake for all the birthday celbrants... (Its really good cake!! chocolate chocolate!)

NEW SURVEY

1. what day of the week?

2. Preference of time? (early or later 4:30 would be early 7:30 would be later)

3. Prefer a different place to celebrate?

(again, feel free to email me any thoughts if you want to remain confidential angelmum3@yahoo.com)

:cool1: were going to disney... :cool1:

FYI--I think 1900 Park Faire is going to be closed for refurb. when we are there. I checked allears the other day for something else and it was listed as being closed. Bummer too, because we loved the Alice and Mad Hatter meal there last year.

ETA, now I cant find it there! I will check more and post again.

Ok, saw it on another site than allears, but here is what it said:

1900 Park Fare will be closed for refurbishment starting Mon, July 9. They will be expanding and updating the restaurant during this time. The Supercalafragilistic Breakfast and Cinderella's Gala Feast will take place at the Grand Café while 1900 Park Fare is closed. The restaurant will reopen on Tue, Oct 2, 07 for business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter