DISappearing Peeps...A fastpass to THIN! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snow cream? You'll have to explain this one to me; I just assumed living in Wisconsin I'd know everything there is to know about snow!

Speaking of the white stuff, they're talking 2-4 inches today, with close to sub-zero temps. Just another day in winter paradise.

People, people, I cant believe you DONT KNOW OF SNOW CREAM??
:rotfl: I'm sure that's where the addage dont eat the yellow snow came from!! :rotfl: You have to gather the fresh snow fall - the light fluffy stuff, add some heavy whipping cream vanilla, and you have ice cream!!! YUMMM!!

almost done with work, just trying to keep up!!

Lynda did you Priceline the hotel? We'll try that for March and August... maybe... maybe not!:wizard:

Snow cream? You'll have to explain this one to me; I just assumed living in Wisconsin I'd know everything there is to know about snow!

Speaking of the white stuff, they're talking 2-4 inches today, with close to sub-zero temps. Just another day in winter paradise.

Yea until Sandy clarified it, I had no clue either about snow cream? I didn't even want to guess!

Todays lunch was scrumdilliumtious!

Broiled fish (blue hake)

Mediterranean veggies, (squash, zucchini, onions, peppers, baby thin carrots, with soy and black beans.

BUT when I was making the fish???? I used my stone and when I flipped the filets over the thing cracked on me? What is going on with my bakeware?

Are stones supposed to do that? I didn't use it much until lately.

I've heard how versitle stones are and mine breaks.

I hate cold weather. Sorry, it is warm and sunny here. Where is Spongemommie?

I don't know:confused3 I've been calling her all day!

I've been dying to go over there (to her house). I'll have to bring her a diet Pepsi and go check out her super fancy new lap top!!!!!!!! Plus to check if she isn't dead at the bottom of her stairs with a basket full of laundry strewn all over her with crying babies trying to wake her up :3dglasses

Ya, send me some of your sunshine!!!!!!!!

Snow Cream? huh. Is that like slush?

Yea until Sandy clarified it, I had no clue either about snow cream? I didn't even want to guess!

:scared1: you've never had the pleasure of making snow cream????? oh, you don't know what you're missing! see below for the recipe.

People, people, I cant believe you DONT KNOW OF SNOW CREAM??
:rotfl: I'm sure that's where the addage dont eat the yellow snow came from!! :rotfl: You have to gather the fresh snow fall - the light fluffy stuff, add some heavy whipping cream vanilla, and you have ice cream!!! YUMMM!!

heavy whipping cream? that sounds good. but my grandmother taught me to make it with just milk, sugar and vanilla flavoring. you just add all those ingredients to CLEAN snow (not yellow!) and mix together until it's the consistency of an icee. i'm not sure how much of each we use - just kind of eyeball it.

i used to love it so much as a kid that she'd make LOTS of it when we'd get a good snow and she'd put it in the freezer for me so i could eat it in the summer. :cloud9:

:scared1: you've never had the pleasure of making snow cream????? oh, you don't know what you're missing! see below for the recipe.

heavy whipping cream? that sounds good. but my grandmother taught me to make it with just milk, sugar and vanilla flavoring. you just add all those ingredients to CLEAN snow (not yellow!) and mix together until it's the consistency of an icee. i'm not sure how much of each we use - just kind of eyeball it.

i used to love it so much as a kid that she'd make LOTS of it when we'd get a good snow and she'd put it in the freezer for me so i could eat it in the summer. :cloud9:
We always made it the way Dawn describes it.:thumbsup2

We always made it the way Dawn describes it.:thumbsup2

WOW..i have never heard of snow cream either!!! but i am excited to try it during the next storm! ;)

I wouldn't eat Utah snow. It falls through so much pollution. EW!

Memember on Monsters' Inc the unbominable (SP????) Snowman offers LEMON snow cones? :rolleyes:

I am uploading pics now for the mini trip report Peeps! It took me longer than expected to find the memory card reader. I had to wait for DH to get home to tell me where he packed it. I don't know if I'll be able to get it done tonight, but I'll try.

Oh! And I did 61 minutes on the bike tonight in addition to my 30 minute walk at lunch! :banana: And I was under 1700 calories for the day. Unfortunately, tomorrow they are getting us Papa Del's pizza for lunch at work. It's soooooo good! (Chicago style deep dish) I will do my best to only have one piece. One piece really is plenty. More than two pieces is a BAD idea! Anyway, I have no idea how many calories is in one piece, but I'll be careful the rest of the day to try to make up for the extra.

Unfortunately, tomorrow they are getting us Papa Del's pizza for lunch at work. It's soooooo good! (Chicago style deep dish) I will do my best to only have one piece. One piece really is plenty. More than two pieces is a BAD idea! Anyway, I have no idea how many calories is in one piece, but I'll be careful the rest of the day to try to make up for the extra.

try to get a piece with more veggies and less meat on it. the calorie count for veggie-only pizza is WAY less than pizza with meat on it.

well, i'm going to tennessee this weekend (leaving saturday morning) to visit the family. i just looked at the weather and the high there on sunday is 18 degrees. :scared1: i'm going to become a popcicle during my trip. :sad2: did i mention how much i HATE cold weather?????

and i sooooooo kicked butt on guitar hero tonight! ray and i played together - i was on guitar and he was on bass. we are such rockstars!!! :laughing:

YAY!!! -2.5lbs!!!:cool1:

Dawn you are too funny! guitar hero rocks! be careful on your trip!

Hey Dis! hope you're feeling better!

Lynda, i'll think of you as we'll be ordering my very favorite pizza today as a prize for surviving week one of auditing...yesterday we got mexican andi knew better, but did it anyway...and gained 2 lbs (yep i was ready to post a 4.5 loss and messed it up)

Morning Peeps.

I want to jump on this and start us off with some fireworks.

I'm down from last week -5.4!

Ok, I'm happy again.:cool1: :cool1:

Can you all handle my emotions over here?

I thought for sure the scale would mess with me again?

My son just said, mom you'd probably do good if you were on the biggest loser. I wonder? I would have to agree. I am not a quitter!

I just wouldn't have the nerve to wear what they do, in front of all my "real" friends. Ah can I stand behind a curtain?

I wanted so badly to eat yesterday at school. Issues over here. But I didn't. I stayed peepish.

I just want to say I love my Children's Literature class. I have 100 children's books to read along with our syllabus work, (taking away from my New Moon time) but it filled with other hopeful teachers and is making me feel closer to my end goal. Makes what I'm doing more real.

Hope you all have great numbers!

Good morning everyone!
Headed out into the rain to go to work.
I went to WW mtg last night and I lost
2.2lbs!!!!
:banana: :cool1: :woohoo:
Hope everyone is down or same this week!
TGIF

I was - 1.8 lbs.!!!!:cool1: :yay: :woohoo: That was after spending 5 days in Disney. Of course doing a 5K and walking almost 60 miles while I was there helped. ;) Also, dd and I split just about everything we ordered.

Dawn - Be careful going to TN. My son is going on a youth trip today, and is staying through Sunday. They are forecasting snow (possible 6-8 inches) for us, so be careful! Of course, since they are FORECASTING snow that is about a 95% chance that is won't. :rotfl2: They said earlier in the week that it definitely WOULDN'T snow, and what happened? IT SNOWED!! Go figure!

I am going to try and catch up on all my threads over the weekend. Hope everyone is doing well. I think we're gonna have pretty numbers today. :cool2: Better get that calculator out WENDY! :thumbsup2

I was - 1.8 lbs.!!!!:cool1: :yay: :woohoo: That was after spending 5 days in Disney. Of course doing a 5K and walking almost 60 miles while I was there helped. ;) Also, dd and I split just about everything we ordered.

Dawn - Be careful going to TN. My son is going on a youth trip today, and is staying through Sunday. They are forecasting snow (possible 6-8 inches) for us, so be careful! Of course, since they are FORECASTING snow that is about a 95% chance that is won't. :rotfl2: They said earlier in the week that it definitely WOULDN'T snow, and what happened? IT SNOWED!! Go figure!

I am going to try and catch up on all my threads over the weekend. Hope everyone is doing well. I think we're gonna have pretty numbers today. :cool2: Better get that calculator out WENDY! :thumbsup2

very cool! I am going to WDW next month and I am worried about gaining back all I lost!:yay:

SAMER!!!

I KNOW!!!

I can't find my motivation?! Has anybody seen it?

I was surprised that I didn't have a gain actually.

I'll be back to kethup tomorreee............been waking up late all week long!

Wow, you guys are rocking this morning!

MonyMony - Do you realize you reached your Valentines Day goal already? Awesome!!!

Aldisneygrl - Did you have a V-Day goal in mind? You are on my list as "TBD", waiting until after your Disney World trip. 1.8 pounds is a great start!

I was a bit worried about this week (Italian food last weekend, a few too many munchies during the Packers game), but I must have exercised enough to offset it since I lost 1.0 pound this week. Not a great week, but better than a gain. This puts me back at my lowest adult weight of 174.6, which I first reached about a month ago (12/7/07). My grand total weight loss since re-rededicating myself last January is 41.4 pounds; and my uber-grand total weight loss since initially rededicating myself around April of 2005 is 65.4 pounds. I am now 4.6 pounds from my Valentines Day goal of 170, and 19.6 pounds from my ultimate goal of 155.

Let's see some more happy numbers everyone!

good morning!
I am Down 1 pound :)
i'll take it..esp. with AF knocking on my door!

Dawn-have a great SAFE time freezing in TN!!
Lynda- looking forward to the pics and report! :) take your time..i still havent' finished my TR yet and that was over a month ago!

*sniff*...I am UP +1 pound! :sad1: I don't know why though...I have stayed on Atkins with no cheats! :confused3 For this week I am gonna eat less cheese. :thumbsup2

Congrats to everyone else on their weigh losses! You guys rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!