DIS Unplugged 10th Anniversary - Official Information Thread

TiggerTrigger

a.k.a. HouCuseChickie
Can someone tell me what the cancellation policy on a group reservation is if we book room only?? Thanks!

That's my main question. I plan on calling tomorrow morning, so I can try and post info after if someone hasn't posted before then. I've at least convinced DH to let me reserve a room if it's standard cancellation policy :yay: I don't think he realizes how determined I am to make this work, but whatever gives him peace of mind :hippie:

dewey4949

Earning My Ears
That's my main question. I plan on calling tomorrow morning, so I can try and post info after if someone hasn't posted before then. I've at least convinced DH to let me reserve a room if it's standard cancellation policy :yay: I don't think he realizes how determined I am to make this work, but whatever gives him peace of mind :hippie:[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I have done with my husband!! I will call in the AM too and see what happens!

Last edited:

jenn4kids

Earning My Ears
I'm SO excited and a little scared. I booked a "SOLO" trip, staying at the Contemporary. Decided to shoot the works. Now I have to figure out how to break it to the hubby. With park tickets actually came in a little cheaper than the DIS Unplugged link. (Only $15, but I'll take it!!). I still called the group number to book.

dewey4949

Earning My Ears
That's my main question. I plan on calling tomorrow morning, so I can try and post info after if someone hasn't posted before then. I've at least convinced DH to let me reserve a room if it's standard cancellation policy :yay: I don't think he realizes how determined I am to make this work, but whatever gives him peace of mind :hippie:

I just called.... You can cancel up to 5 days before the trip with no penalty if it is a room only.

TiggerTrigger

a.k.a. HouCuseChickie
Has anyone else been told they need to add park tickets by 3/25 to qualify for a 10% discount? I hadn't seen anything on this (unless I missed it), so it kind of threw me off a bit. Maybe @WebmasterJohn knows more on this. Thanks!

bamacmac

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else been told they need to add park tickets by 3/25 to qualify for a 10% discount? I hadn't seen anything on this (unless I missed it), so it kind of threw me off a bit. Maybe @WebmasterJohn knows more on this. Thanks!
I just booked and the cast member I spoke with said that they still have access to the old rates, but starting 3/26 the park ticket prices would reflect the recent changes.

javaman

Mouseketeer
I thought about it.
I ask myself if I should do it.
Final conclusion is yes, I need to do this!
I'm booked and very pleased with the room & ticket discounts.
I'm going solo but I won't really be alone the whole time, not that going solo bothers me.
Looking forward to meeting some like minded people. Should be fun.

TiggerTrigger

a.k.a. HouCuseChickie
I just booked and the cast member I spoke with said that they still have access to the old rates, but starting 3/26 the park ticket prices would reflect the recent changes.

The guy I spoke with said something along those lines too, but then he kept tossing in something about 10%. It was very strange. Oh well, at least the lodging is booked :)

pal-mickey

DIS Veteran
Has there been an announcement as to when the festivities will begin? Not sure if I should fly down Thursday or Friday.

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
Has there been an announcement as to when the festivities will begin? Not sure if I should fly down Thursday or Friday.
Not yet. Pete has said the event starts Friday but we don't yet know what that means (Friday night? Friday afternoon? Friday morning?).