DIS Unplugged 10th Anniversary - Official Information Thread

We are going to splurge and stay at the Contemporary! We haven't stayed there in years and we figure we will never see a rate like that again. Did you decide what you are going to do?
Not yet. I'll probably go ahead and book a room at Pop just to have it. Hopefully I can get a better rate than what the DIS if offering with our APs. If not, I might still splurge. We still don't know if DD is bringing a friend. If she does, that would definitely put us offsite because we can't do 2 rooms onsite.

Not yet. I'll probably go ahead and book a room at Pop just to have it. Hopefully I can get a better rate than what the DIS if offering with our APs. If not, I might still splurge. We still don't know if DD is bringing a friend. If she does, that would definitely put us offsite because we can't do 2 rooms onsite.
how do the family suites compare to 2 rooms at pop?

how do the family suites compare to 2 rooms at pop?
I don't know but I'm sure it's too much. For under $100, we can have a beautiful 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom house 5 minutes away or we can pay over $100 for a motel room onsite with 1 bathroom, no kitchen, no washer/dryer, etc. Staying onsite is a really tough sell for us.

I don't know but I'm sure it's too much. For under $100, we can have a beautiful 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom house 5 minutes away or we can pay over $100 for a motel room onsite with 1 bathroom, no kitchen, no washer/dryer, etc. Staying onsite is a really tough sell for us.
We often do onsite because once adding in the rental car and paying to park it's break even (but only the two of us). I am thrilled to be staying at a deluxe this time. Not for the amenities but for the lack of soccer teams and 12 year old cheerleader groups, and Brazillian tour groups that can't understand English or Spanish.
Have you looked at John's places? I have seen some videos and it seems you get a great bang for your buck

We often do onsite because once adding in the rental car and paying to park it's break even (but only the two of us).

Have you looked at John's places? I have seen some videos and it seems you get a great bang for your buck
We drive down so have our own car. We currently have APs so parking is covered, though I don't mind paying for it when we don't have APs. It is still way, way cheaper to stay offsite, for much nicer accommodations.

We haven't rented from John but there are literally hundreds and hundreds of similar properties available in the area. For $85-$100 per night we can get a beautiful house just a few minutes from Disney property.

Darn- I really want to do this, but it only pays to drive down if we can stay through the 30th. Is there any chance the hotel rates stretch out further than the 26th?

Darn- I really want to do this, but it only pays to drive down if we can stay through the 30th. Is there any chance the hotel rates stretch out further than the 26th?

When you put in the quote information the second page will give you the information to call and book (phone number, our group name and number). Call and ask if they can extend the pricing after the 26th - you never know.

You might look into the 30 percent off special ("Awaken Summer") WDW is running. It isn't quite as cheap but it is close.

I checked the pricing and compared to the Awaken Summer Offer. For CR the group booking is fantastic, for everything else it is comparable to the general discounts. But the general discounts are certainly more plentiful and generous this year compared to last. I am taking my chances with construction of Wilderness Lodge and booking a 3 night for 748. It is 70 less then CR and I really enjoy the relaxing boat rides and the resort.

No clue here, either, and I'm well over 30. Never even heard of the video game.
:scratchin guess it goes to show you don't know what people don't know

It's actually a whole series of games with 10 games in the official line-up, 9 collections of games, another 11 in the Mega Man X series and too many to count portable and web based games

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter