Dis Kids Teleporter Network!

Hi all!

Tigressjewel and I are in process of getting together to go over where we are and who is in Network Purple. Gotta give us a chance to update, but it is coming!

I am so happy to know that the kids are "chomping at the bit" so to speak, and there is no reason they cannot be using the rooms already.

Sora Necross, I too have thought that it would be a good idea to have a central hub, but that is down the way, if we continue to need rooms. At this time, we still have plenty of room, at least in Network Purple to hold more teleporters. BlueSomebody, we will be getting a new screen print, again as Tigressjewel and I get together to go over all this.

Yet again, thank you to all the wonderful DIS people who have so generously donated to the kids network to make this a success!

Someybody said:
tiger why did you call your room Network Blue?nd not network some other color?
I actually started out calling it network purple, but then when purple duck offered to open a second room, I gave her purple and just took blue. No real reason behind it. I had a couple pieces of blue furniture so picked it.

I want to add my son KingZ to the kids network. Please let me know when someone will be on and I will try to meet up with you.

Thanks,

That would be great, what is your name in VMK? I probably won't be on until tomorrow afternoon sometime. I'm not sure about purpleduck, but I usually have the dis boards logged in the whole time I'm on VMK, so you can look here to see if I'm on and we can meet to make a trade.

If you want any other rooms I can host Network Green :goodvibes I already have Dis Teleporter linked to 1 of my rooms...

i would like to join but i dont have a set of teleporters

marcm said:
i would like to join but i dont have a set of teleporters

Got ya covered Marcm, my friend, just come see me today, and I'll set you up in the Network Purple room! :)

im bravehook berrygirl the name is dancingbabe179 code is news4 ok just use codes and buy the dress and be back on at 8:00 clock florda time ok :paw:
buy berrygirl

Hi all! Just a note to say that, since my last thank you post here, back on the 20th of October, I have been posting thank yous for all the DIS that have so generously donated items to the kids network, over in the RAOK thread. And boy, have there been a lot of you!

I just wanted to give you all a more 'public' viewing of your wonderful help! :cool1:

PurpleDuck said:
Hi all! Just a note to say that, since my last thank you post here, back on the 20th of October, I have been posting thank yous for all the DIS that have so generously donated items to the kids network, over in the RAOK thread. And boy, have there been a lot of you!

I just wanted to give you all a more 'public' viewing of your wonderful help! :cool1:
I want to ditto that sentiment and also give a public :cheer2: to our favorite purple duck!!

tigressjewel said:
:cool1: Welcome to the Dis Kids Network! :cool1:

The sentiment was expressed one day on another thread: “I would love for my DD to meet your DD” This became the birth of our Dis Kids Teleporter Network.

What is it?
A network of teleporters set up for the kids (and teens) of adult members of the Dis Boards. It provides a safe and easy way for our kids to meet each other and play VMK. There are currently two rooms, Network Blue and Network Purple. We gave them inconspicuous names on purpose. Even though we realize that there are no private rooms on VMK we created these to be as safe and private as possible. We hope that it’s a place where everyone is familiar with everyone else there. Each room does have a closed turnstile at the doorway to prevent unknown drop ins from snooping around should the rooms get on the popular room list. The kids are of course welcome to bring any other friends they wish to visit!

Who can join?
Since the idea came about from a wish of parents to essentially make a virtual play date for their child with the child of a fellow Dis’er the network is for the kids of adult Dis members. Teens who have been regularly participating on Dis (but their parents have not) and are recommended by an adult on Dis, may also join. We have kids as young as kindergarten all the way up to high school in the network.

How do I get my child (or myself) linked?
In keeping with the ideas outlined above, we are asking you to take a few simple steps in order to get your child linked:
1. Send a pm to me (tigressjewel) and/or PurpleDuck telling us your VMK name and your child(s) VMK name. This is for us to verify that you are in Dis and you are aware of what your child is participating in. It’s not a bad idea to send us both a PM, we can respond sooner that way.
2. Buy one set of coffin teleporters for each child. If credits are a problem, just let us know. We have some very generous folks on this board and we can always supply you with a set if you need them.
3. Either PurpleDuck or myself will set up a time to trade one teleporter with you. We will place it in the network and your child will place the other in their room. That’s it!

Can I donate items for the network and what do you need?
Yes! We will list here when we have a specific need for the network. If you just have something you want to give, but we don’t list a need, then just find one of us, and we do have storerooms set aside specifically for donations.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact tigressjewel or PurpleDuck through private message here.

Currently in the network are: kidsname (parent name)
Network Blue:
zsert and kittendance (CL_tigressjewel)
piratedash and princessdoodle (hrhkit - DIS kitashus)
DisSwimgurl and GAwesomegirl (Disvaclub92)
stitchcreator (berrygirl, DIS-CarrieBerry)
BlueSpaceboy (gottatravel)
BdogBdog and Mcat (pixiepower)

Network Purple:
ILikeCheeze (purpleduck)
shocomousse and PixieBecca (MousseDude)
CL_Azure
KellyKitty and BaseballWiz (LostMind)
KingZ (SnowyW)
SurfingGirl
DisneyNemo (Nala56)
marcm

I would like to join i am WildCatKris (CL_MaliaMike)

wildcatkris said:
I would like to join i am WildCatKris (CL_MaliaMike)

Hi CL_MaliaMike! Please pm me, with info as requested in the message you copied. We will then be happy to get you set up! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter