DIS Fit - New Hopes, Dreams & Goals - Chit Chat Thread

Just Sharing
My Granddaughter's 12 days before CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN.
SCRUNCH
(Hair Scrunchies) LUNCH ( 10$ wrapped in ribbon) ,,MUNCH ( Mini chocolate bars)........
In a Advent Velvet Bag Garland. ( each bag is embroidered with a number).

IMG_20221120_133607.jpg

Last edited:

I first saw it on a Hallmark movie. I think they used wrapping paper. My version is those thin cheap plastic table cloths at Dollarama. (the ones without the flocked backing). They are a bit staticky so they stick to the door while I hockey tape (clear shin guard tape) the tablecloth to the door. Trim it so that it doesn't show on the back side. Instant decorations.

The hockey tape comes off after Xmas without damaging the paint on my doors.

Just sharing
Out shopping at G.T (Giant Tiger) Boutique today.
I saw a cute pillow Advent calendar and I know it's a long way away,,, but I picked up one for my Granddaughter for next year.

1669239347693.png

1669239389302.png
I wanted the green one but could only get the red one.
I imagine she'll need cash next year in 2nd year of University too.

Hugs Mel
1669239822553.png
$15.00 each

@bababear_50 That's an awesome idea to fill with money! You could slowly add to it all year to not bust your budget :scratchin

I found a smaller wooden one that closes like a book and when you open it...it has little drawers inside. It was so neat, I had to buy it to fill for our gd. I filled it with little chocolates, tattoos and other little xmas goodies for her! I told dd that I want it back to refill for her for next year and the coming years. I had so much fun filling it, and finding the perfect little things for her to go into it. I got mine at HomeSense.

It's easy to find little gems like that, when your rearranging sections and have to touch every single piece of merchandise to make new displays ;)

@bababear_50 That's an awesome idea to fill with money! You could slowly add to it all year to not bust your budget :scratchin

I found a smaller wooden one that closes like a book and when you open it...it has little drawers inside. It was so neat, I had to buy it to fill for our gd. I filled it with little chocolates, tattoos and other little xmas goodies for her! I told dd that I want it back to refill for her for next year and the coming years. I had so much fun filling it, and finding the perfect little things for her to go into it. I got mine at HomeSense.

It's easy to find little gems like that, when your rearranging sections and have to touch every single piece of merchandise to make new displays ;)
Awesome Pumpkin. I love that you can use year after year.
Remember to not wear yourself out working 2 jobs Hon.

Stay well!
Hugs Mel

Now I will have to get my booty to the gym!!! I did get there last night and have been averaging about 2 days a week there. This working the second job at HomeSense is getting in the way of that :laughing: I am going to have to push myself to go now especially because our deep freeze temps that are here now. And I'm whimpy!!!!! I don't like the cold.

We booked a quick turn and burn trip to Vegas for a Nascar race in March....and we will be booking flights this weekend for Florida for late April/May. :banana: All of us dh & 2 ds's are heading to E-Town to visit dd and do some shopping. So we are getting together to plan and book, and everyone tell me their wish lists so I can make an itinerary and get started on my game plan for reservations for it all!!!!

I am so stinking excited!!! I've been wanting to do one last family vacation with just our kids to have an adult family vacation doing this!!!!

Inquiring minds need to know what E-Town means?
Bahahahaha :rotfl: Just plain old Edmonton!!!! Nothing special. I am hoping by then the blowing snow stops and the highways are decent or there will be Pumpkin hand impressions on the door handles and dashboard from me hanging onto them lol

Well, no gym time yet in December :sad2: It is such a busy month...and with the blasts of cold we are/have been getting, I really don't want to be bundling up again to head to the gym. Hopefully next month I can find some time again. The scale is has been dropping a little even without the gym. So that makes me very happy!

On the job front - I finally got a job with our local health authority! :cheer2: I have been applying and interviewing for the last 2 years since I finished my Unit Clerk program though our local college. The virus played a huge part in my having trouble gaining employment as all practicums were cancelled that year. People graduated, received their degrees but no practicums were completed - hence no job experience. I will be working in a seniors health division, scheduling healthcare home visits and other various admin work. It is only part-time, and my " full-time" job is more than willing to work around my schedule there and have me in the office less.

I also started on a quilt for our gd. I'll try to post a picture of the start of one block. I'm not sure how many blocks I will need yet. So far I have 6 started. I will embroider them onto the block, then do a sash between each block, I am hoping to get to the fabric store to find a coordinating yellow for the center and some corners of the sashes as well. I think it will be super cute when it's done!

Well, I should get back to work, I just wanted pop in an post a little blurb about my going ons in our little part of the world.

Congratulations on the new Job Pumpkin. It is great that the fulltime job is so flexible,,, just remember YOU and take time for yourself.
I fell off the train...well completely off the rails for exercise lately.
I need to jump back on board starting in the new year.
It looks like crappy (snow storm) weather for us Thursday & Friday so that means I need to get last minute things done asap. I'm also hoping for a few days of supply work this week.
I miss my Christmas tree ,,,,, BUT I love my kitten.

Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!