DIS Fit - New Hopes, Dreams & Goals - Chit Chat Thread

I wanted resurrect the thread...and seen our lovely @bababear_50 started. I enjoy a little chit-chat and updating as many of us are a small community - especially during all the lockdowns we have had over the past 2 years.

Now that life is starting to be a little more normal now, and more travelling is happening...I thought it will be great to reconnect again!

I was at the gym last night and walking and finally back into a groove again of going since we had our trip and I thought of this thread. I was happy and excited that I was finally feeling back into the groove of moving more again - and was wondering how everyone else was doing with adding more moving into the daily routines. And of course any other chit chat that we all seem to do!!!!!!!
I’m in for a 2023 start !

I am ready for 2023. I rejoined WW a month ago but haven't really been paying attention the past week or so. I have 4 months until we cruise so I want to get in better shape by then. I have my grocery lost of healthy stuff, and plan to get moving again, even if it is just 10 minutes on the treadmill to start. Shoveling has not been easy, but sure is a good workout! I did manage to lose 2lbs before Christmas struck, with its chocolate and treats. Many more to go, but really just being able to walk more, do more, is the goal.

I am planning to try and eat some vegetarian meals in the new year, to also save money at the grocery store. It's been a long time since I was vegan, and there are so many more options available. I'm not sure which are good though, Gardein is a decent price at Walmart and Yves is stuff I was using before (over a decade ago). I'm not sure my son will go for it so just looking to replace my meat in a meal with something else, make the meat I buy last longer for him I guess? And add in more vegetables, but probably mostly frozen ones since everything is so expensive.
I am planning a tofu stir fry for me tonight, I hope I remember how to cook it :) I'm not going totally vegetarian though, and tomorrow we are having steak and pasta for New Year's eve, along with some frozen seafood appetizers and M&M lavalicious cookies for dessert.

I'm in for 2023!! 🥂
What a Christmas this has been.
Almost 7 days of the antibiotics and I'm almost back to normal(Wow what a sore throat I had).

Today I got to spend the day with my grand daughter and it was just wonderful!
(She was sick before Christmas and I was sick during Christmas ).
We just ordered in expensive take out and watched old movies ,, opened gifts and talked!!! It was great! Love her so!
Here is the gift she got me,,, So pretty.
Mickey/ Minnie Giant snowflake Lantern.

IMG_20221230_185814.jpg
Sure had this Nana smiling all day!

Now on to getting healthier for 2023...
Hmmmmm
I am going to need a kick in the Butt......
I know I have to get moving more,,, I have committed to 1 to 2 days for supply work at my local high school.
I also need to work in a once a day work out on my fitness trampoline.

I still have a Feb trip down south planned but all the airline issues have me rethinking this decision.

Here's to a GREAT Year everyone!!!!🥂

Hugs Mel

I'm definitely in for 2023. I need to lose a lot of weight but I'd be happy dropping 20 pounds--even just 10 to start! To do this I've started cleaning out my basement so I can get an exercise space going down there. I've got a bike pushed up against the wall that I want to get some real space for. I'm also really going to try to do at least 10 minutes of exercise a day--more if I can, but just 10 minutes to hold myself to. I don't care if it's weights or yoga or what, just something!

I'm definitely in for 2023. I need to lose a lot of weight but I'd be happy dropping 20 pounds--even just 10 to start! To do this I've started cleaning out my basement so I can get an exercise space going down there. I've got a bike pushed up against the wall that I want to get some real space for. I'm also really going to try to do at least 10 minutes of exercise a day--more if I can, but just 10 minutes to hold myself to. I don't care if it's weights or yoga or what, just something!
I'm with you on that goal Hon. 10 minutes to start is great!!!
You've got this!
Here we come 2023!
Hugs
Mel

Baby steps everyone. Doing something you can get done each day is key. Then slowly build up to doing a little more each week. Instead of picking up that cookie have a piece of fruit or some cut up veggies. If I'm hungry before dinner I just make myself a salad (that was going to be part of dinner) and eat it early. Sometimes it keeps me from grabbing something less healthy.

I've just been getting out for 1 walk a day. I was having puppy behaviour issues and walking wasn't fun. Now that that phase seems to have passed I think I'll add in another short walk each day (when the rain stops that is). I've got my treadmill in the basement so I'm going to plan on an extra ten minutes on it each day. It's so much easier to be active when it's nice outside. The fresh air is a bonus as well.

I'm afraid to step on the scale but know I've got to do it. I'm afraid Christmas hasn't been kind to my waistline. Time to just do it and start the new year off on a new downward trend (weight wise that is).

We can do this!

am I allowed to join in if I say that my goal is to actually eat MORE? If I'm not careful I'll be needing to buy new clothes soon, looks like I'm wearing someone else's pants and a few people have asked if I'm ill 😕 (stop commenting on other people's weight! ) I'm finding this a bigger challenge than going the other way, just don't want to eat the food that's safe, it's boring and bland. This time of year is even harder watching (and either buying or making) everyone eat special goodies

am I allowed to join in if I say that my goal is to actually eat MORE? If I'm not careful I'll be needing to buy new clothes soon, looks like I'm wearing someone else's pants and a few people have asked if I'm ill 😕 (stop commenting on other people's weight! ) I'm finding this a bigger challenge than going the other way, just don't want to eat the food that's safe, it's boring and bland. This time of year is even harder watching (and either buying or making) everyone eat special goodies
Yep we want yah healthy and strong Hon!:)
Eat those Macadamia nuts right now!
Any combination of good *safe* for you food ingredients that can be made into cookies with the macadamia nuts hon?

Your trip is coming up soon so we need to "fatten you up"....... you know what I mean.
Hugs Mel
https://jessicainthekitchen.com/white-chocolate-macadamia-nut-cookies/

Last edited:
I found what worked for me. I do intermittent fasting. I eat breakfast and dinner. I lost 30 lbs before our trip last month. I denied myself nothing foodwise on the trip. I ate the sweets, and I did choose low carb options but, steak is low carb! I drank sugar free soda and sugar free lattes but, the sugar free raspberry mocha at Starbucks is excellent.

After our trip I weighed only 4 pounds heavier and by the end of the week I had lost it all.
I truly believe I changed my metabolism. I cheated a lot during the holidays. I am a baker and I wanted all the things. I also need my coffee. I avoid sugar using Lankato sweetener and sugar free creamer.

Each day I would think I gained several pounds. One day I would gain 1 pound, the next I would lose 2.
I truly believe woman should fast. I am 54 and it use to be a huge struggle for me to lose.
I would also like to note that I did not exercise at all other than my job which is physical enough.

So,
Exercise if your job isn't physical. I mean just walk every day. Nothing big
Research intermittent fasting for your age. I do 12 hours between meals. You will train and change when your body will feel hungry.

I did do a combination of laser lipo and ultrasonic cavitation treatments. A set of 4 treatments. You will see results but sometimes it takes a couple of months and then inches will fall off. It works!

You don't need to exercise to start losing weight. Tell yourself first you; start with changing your diet. I say this because you'll likely give up on your weight loss journey if you can't see immediate results exercising. Take baby steps. Work on your eating habits. You don' t need to starve and you shouldn't. You can eat more of what you want when you intermittent fast. Pay attention to the carbs. You can have steak and cheese, other meats, fruit with the word berry in it. Coffee with Lankato sweetener and sugar free creamer. None of this feels like you are denying yourself. And, remember I lost 30 lbs without working out.

At least you are hearing this from a member of a Disney board so its not like I have anything to sell. I just want everyone to know losing weight doesn't have to feel like an impossible goal.

I finally bit the bullet and stepped on the scale this morning. Not as bad as I feared. New starting point on the continuing journey. Kind of mad at myself for allowing it to slip back on as those weren't easy pounds to lose in the first plasce. Oh well.

The weather outside (in Ottawa) is just lovely for walking so I have been taking advantage of an extra walk each day. Christmas baking is all gone so that temptation is gone. Stocked up on romaine lettuce yesterday at Costco. It tasted so good in a salad last night.

Un-decorating the house today. It's so sad to put away all the Christmas stuff but just 10.5 more months and I can take it all out again.

Took kiddo to Tanger (Ottawa) yesterday to spend his Christmas money. He got a few things and has some money leftover for spring shopping. It was quite a few steps as we went from one store to another and back again. Avoided the Lindt store. I'll take that win. Have stocked up on fruits and veggies, mostly frozen so they don't go bad before I eat them. Woke up at 5 am with a wicked headache so took some pills and back to bed for me. Got up at 9:30 when kiddo decided he wanted breakfast.

Rain and snow in the forecast, but it's amazing how clear everything got with the melt. Sidewalks are cleared up, all that shoveling I did seems to have been for nothing. I'm sure I'll have to repeat all of that soon enough. Trying to get outside before the snow and ice returns. At least I have the treadmill and some fun workout videos for when it goes get bad again.

Funny you should mention the headache. I also woke up with a wicked headache this morning. I took a pill then had to take the dog for a walk (he "will not be delayed"). The fresh air and pill did some good as I didn't notice the headache when I got home.

Good Morning,, Ok afternoon ...
Today I am going to address a bit of my *mental Health wellbeing* Dis Fit.

First I need to review what went wrong with my last Trip and make some changes.
Then I am going to make a list of how to change those things.

Hope everyone is having a positive day today!
Hugs Mel
1672940578511.png

@bababear_50 That sounds like a good plan.
I have a trip coming up as well and need to adjust some things from my last one. Last one we spent too much time in the cabin, and kiddo spent too much time on his phone watching videos, same as he'd do at home but we were on vacation and should have been out and about doing something! It will be a bit different since I will not be getting the best internet on the ship, just enough to access social media (keep in touch with the pet sitters) and access the airline site to check in to our flight, and my bank accounts should the need arise. Otherwise, I hope we are off line, perhaps watch a downloaded show or movie at bed time.

I see Disney has some discounts out for the spring/summer now. I don't think we'll switch from cruise to Disney though it is a possibility I suppose :) I just want to be away.

I've been off since December 23rd and enjoying the time to not work. I have slept in much later than I should, stayed up later too. Guess I am a night owl at heart. House is tidier, meals are being cooked instead of ordered in. And I've been reading! Though I did binge a few new shows that came out. I do need to clean the fridge, but since garbage day is Tuesday I will do that later Sunday or Monday after supper so stuff goes right out and doesn't cause more problems with the apparent rodents in the house/neighbours. Cooking and cleaning are not my fun things though. I don't enjoy either one. Oh well. They need to be done.

I have been playing badminton with some friends once a week since it seems forever and we were hoping we could start back to the instructional classes offered by the Town next week but alas once again we don't have enough people registered and it has been cancelled. They used to have 3 daytime sessions of which one was instructional and 1 nighttime session and now only the night time session is going on. This is the 2nd time that my session has been cancelled so we can only guess that people have lost interest and it won't happen again.
I have put out an idea to my badminton friends that maybe we can do 2 hours a week instead of just the one hour.
I will have to start getting back into walking but I don't want to walk in the rain.

On another note I will be starting to put the Christmas stuff away tomorrow and I will be sorting out what to keep, give away and throw away so that should take up some time. After all tomorrow is National Take Down the Christmas Tree Day.

I have 17 weeks until Disney now. So I found a new beginning treadmill walking plan, it's 8 weeks but should be a good start and mean I do not have to go out in the cold :D Today will be day 1 and I have to walk 10 minutes. So that should be easy enough after work. Would have done it at lunch but I didn't find the plan until now. And decide to start it now. I am hoping my feet won't hurt quite as much as they usually do at Disney. Though I don't think anything really prepares feet for the amount of walking. Even my very active kid has tired/sore feet after a few days. He just recovers faster (darn getting older).

This trip will be weird since he is now taller than me. He's quite a few inches taller than me. I wonder how that will work on some rides? I weigh more :D but he is taller. No worries about any height limits on anything at least. And hopefully 17 weeks will help me lose a few pounds so the belts and things fit better. WW has been going ok, even though I was way over my points last week. I've been learning what I can eat that fits the points, vs what doesn't. They recently changed the plan, again. Alright. I can do this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter