DIS Fit - New Hopes, Dreams & Goals - Chit Chat Thread

0dc397653649ab9d8acf0dfc88e488b3.jpg

I;m jumping!
Hugs Mel

I am finally able to make an apprearance here since the new year!

I've been busy training at my new position within healthcare as a admin for scheduling seniors care with HCA's. It's beena busy 2 weeks. My brain is TIRED!!!!!! :rotfl:

The new position is only a 0.5 - 2 days a week...once my training is done. So I will be dropping my days in the office here. Mostly I will only by gone 1 day a week...some weeks it's 2 days, but really they won't miss me much. So I have been trying to keep up with the full-time job as well as domy training days as well.

It is coming together now, and I have a pretty good grasp of what I need to do. One more training week plus my rotationthis weekend for training on weekend duties. I have been planning my exit strategy from here, into healthcare admin work - so this is my foot in the door to hopefully get full-time position along the way.

I am hopping on the health train too. The last 2-3 months have been a struggle with multiple job, weather and holidays interferring.

I have added more water to my daily routine, This week...adding my veggies again into our meals. Next week, it's back to the gym again. I have been missing getting there...surprisingly. I wanted to head back this past week, but I was just too exhausted after training days to fight with the bigger crowds jumping on the health bandwagon again.

I'm back BABY ::yes:: Along with a new mindset, no negative self talk,, no negative diet culture vocbulary, no FAD diets or exclusion of " bad foods" . There are NO...i repeat NO bad foods!!!! I hope to be down 10-15 by March when we head to Vegas...and hopefully even more when we head to Forida late April/May.

Week 1 (my workout week is running Wednesday to Tuesday) workouts are done! 4, 10 minute walks. A few were a bit longer. Good music sure helps! Now I have 16 weeks until our trip, so feeling good about it. And the treadmill that has been folded and stored for awhile is finally getting a workout :) I did have to replace the remote batteries, and remember how to use it :D I unfolded it today and one cat hoped on to have a nap, I got on and she wouldn't move, so I started it up (on slow) and she rolled right off the back lol. She wasn't too happy with me!

Shoveling on Saturday was a lot. It was a good workout I guess, but it made me tired. And now it's cold. Not as cold as it will be over the winter I'm sure, but cold enough I wish I was some place south lol.

It's a beautiful sunny but cold day here. Took the dog for a long walk. He goes to be neutered on Thursday so I'm feeling a little guilty about the walks he won't be able to do for a while.

Does scrubbing the carpet on the stairs count as exercise. It sure is a workout in my books. I spray then scrub by hand because it's too hard to get the machine on them. Finally suck up the extra solution with my portable carpet cleaner. Two steps a day and I'm wiped. I don't really want to do them all in one go anyway.

My kids (all grown ups)are guilting me into rethinking my Disneyland trip. DS2's wife is due to give birth 3 days after we return. I, personally, feel they've got it covered. I'm not needed, and couldn't get into the hospital anyway. With Covid still floating about they should be keeping to themselves with a newborn for a week or so after the birth.

After 30 years of putting the family and those boys first I feel like it's time for me to do what I want to do before I start a new chapter as a grammy. Just needed to get that out there into the universe.

Quick little check in!

I have been training at the new job yet. It has been a complete circus (I would love to insert another word that wouldn't pass the filters on here) with the training gal not being to come in for one reason or another, a different shift someone else was " supposed" to be training, but was there doing things for her own adgenda, so I got zero training that day as well. Like I said....complete circus. I did touch with our head department manager, as her office is right behind my desk there...so she is aware of what has happened. My brain is still pretty tired when I get home from work with learning the new job, then all the fluid things that happen during the day....but it is coming now.

No gym time this past week. But food has been relatively good. The scale moved a bit down - so that's a win! I am hoping to hit the gym this week. We have nothing going on in the evenings this week. No birthday, no meetings. Only finalizing some details on our Florida trip in April :cheer2: We finialized dates earlier this week....and have flights booked now. I am now able to research hotels, car rental and start the list of dining that we want to possibly do! I'm sooo stinking excited. HD has been researching dining and things to do for our Vegas trip in March...so I'll let him have that fun.

Off to Edmonton for GD's birthday this weekend, they grow up soooooo quick! I can't believe she is 3 already :sad: But she is getting closer to the age where we could do an awesome Disney trip with her :-)

Well, off to get caught up at work now...but just wanted to do a quick stop in!

I've booked flights for Disney! Will book the hotel next week (POP Century). And then just need to keep getting more giftcards. I hope to pay off the room in advance so I don't have to stress over that. Ticket also still needs to be paid off but that will be done with time to book parts. Booked the UK 14 day tickets, we will only be there to use 9 days, but it's still way cheaper than any other tickets, and comes with memory maker. I'm debating using any cash AM for starbucks GCs or just doing the swap thing for Disney ones. Disney gives more flexibility, but starbucks is much easier to redeem for. We will be flying from Montreal so will need to park there for the days, I'll book that in advance as well, just torn between the more expensive one that you can walk to/from or one with a shuttle. Probably saving the money to spend on other things. Also will be booking Mears I think, probably faster to Uber or Lyft but we can book the shuttle in advance and I prefer that.

This is week two of my walking plan. Did all 4 walks last week and so far 1 this week. My week runs Wed - Tue because our trip is on a Wed. I will do more this weekend and then next Wed it bumps up to 5 times a week, and 15 minutes each time. Which should be doable. I have done 15 min a few times already when the music is good. So the key is having good music. And not dancing on the treadmill (causes loss of balance which is not good on there!). I know that no matter what, my feet will in no way be prepared for all the walking & standing at Disney.

Food wise, man that's my nemesis, I find it so hard to eat well and not order. Though budget wise if I keep ordering we won't be able to eat at Disney 🤣 I do have a freezer full of groceries to make do for the next two weeks. And hopefully enough snacks for the boy to keep him full for a few days.

Sounds like you are going to have a great trip. I love staying at POP.

Have you tried prepaing food for the week on Sunday. Even if what you prepare gets you through to Wednesday it's a start. I'm a big fan of Sunday dinner then I use the meat in something on Monday and maybe the meat and veggies into hot subs on Tuesday. I cook lots of potatoes on Sunday and make home fries with the leftovers later in the week.

Currently on the way home from Edmonton, and coming up with a meal plan for the week. I find when I have an idea from my planning, it is easy for me to execute it. I will make a quick online shop tomorrow for Stupidstore pick up.

Hoping to hit the gym tomorrow night and get back in the groove of going again.

Just when I thought all the supply work would dry up for the next two weeks (High school exams) ,,,I was offered two weeks of afternoon supply,, well it keeps me busy so I took it. I just love the school I am working at.

I am thinking of ordering some food for my next trip down south.
I have used garden grocer before and had no issues, ,however people are saying their prices are high.
Maybe I should just take a cab to Walmart and pick up what I need.?

Taking my Thyroid pill in the late evenings is working out so much better than mornings.
Slowly building my exercise time up,,, no where near last year but I am working towards it.

Keep on swimming everyone
il_fullxfull.2880160701_oun9.jpg

Hugs Mel

Eating/meal planning has been going well.....gym time....not so much :sad2:

The good news - I'm officially done my training, and pretty much able to run the desk by my self and handle all the problems/phonecalls and everything else that comes in. So hopefully I get through the rest of my probation period, then it will be clear sailing. I will get some experience working in the healthcare setting with getting experience on the different plaforms that are used - to hopefully snag a full-time job in a year or so. I just want to get settled and experience for getting a full-time position somewhere. I know what positions I'm aiming for - now to just be patient.

Hopefully now that my training is done - and I'm back more regularly at my full-time job, I can get my butt back into the routine of walking at the gym. Hopefully this latest snowfall will stop and the snow will be removed, then I can get back to the gym. I have 5 weeks until Vegas....hoping to have a little weight loss by then.

Now back to shuffling some papers

For anyone looking for a good home workout, I LOVE this channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/tyannclark

She has an excellent variety of challenge levels, workouts with weights and without, all different durations - and best of all, it's just music and NO TALKING. After trying a few of the viral YT workouts last year, I found I got so annoyed by the chitchat in some of the videos, especially if you're doing the same ones over and over. That story/joke was cute the first time, but the 27th time, not so much :P
Just subscribed. Thanks for sharing!

Two more sleeps and I am off to Orlando.
Supply working has been great but I am a bit behind on things like ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
*Oh My Gosh* how am I going to get everything into a carryon case.
LOl.
2e1ec1b7e852a4a958a5f4b44af456b5--disney-karakterleri-goofy-disney.jpg

Have a great week everyone and I'll try to send the nice weather your way.
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/...5e7c5f07df6c368a52eab5db82010fa6a2b3d4e15473c

And .... I promise I shall NOT run in the Airport!!!!!!
aef038dd8772ad502c867c01bef811ec--disney-marathon-half-marathon.jpg
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter