DIS Fit - New Hopes, Dreams & Goals - Chit Chat Thread

No walking done this week :sad2:

I worked Monday night at HomeSense and again tonight, but this week has been filled with baking each night. Dh's company has asked me to provide a good portion of baked goods for a bake sale to fund raise for breast cancer. The bake sale is not until Monday next week...but of course, I'm heading to the city to help the kids paint their house before they move in.

It's great I'm busy - but does it ever slow down? Hoping to fit some walking in next week again. I am actually missing getting out to tune out the world, put on my favorite music and just walk. I never though in a freaking million years I would be the one saying that!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Edited to add I think I understand now.
My youngest son sent me this chart which helps.

IMG_0001.JPG

Looking for a little luggage advice please.
My only bigger than a carryon seems to have gone missing from my Storage room,,,,,,,:magnify:
It's been awhile since I purchased a check in suitcase.
Is a 28 inch suitcase too big to check in?

I am so confused ,,,I believe my carry on is 20 inches... when I look at the 25-26 ones they don't seem much bigger.
But if I get a 28 inch one will WestJet charge me more?

Thanks
Mel

Last edited:
The thing you need to be careful with the larger suitcases is their weight when full. Not only are there dimension issues but also weight restrictions. Depends on what you plan on bringing back.

The thing you need to be careful with the larger suitcases is their weight when full. Not only are there dimension issues but also weight restrictions. Depends on what you plan on bringing back.

The weight is the problem for sure. I wouldn't plan to really stuff the big suitcase too full. I tend to not take my biggest suitcase (though we did when we drove). I also have a little portable luggage scale that I pack to weigh the suitcases before we come home, and possible rebalance things.

I must confess I have no idea what I will be buying to bring home but I'm sure I'll find lots.
Off to get my shot and then check a few stores for a suitcase.
Thanks for your ideas and thoughts ladies.
Hugs Mel

Well I had planned on getting a Hard sided suitcase
(American Tourister Airweave Spinner Luggage)
but ended up liking this one better when I took it for a test drive.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/american-tourister-meridian-nxt-spinner-luggage-black/6000198683201
10 year warranty
26.5x19.3x12 inches
The 360 spinner wheels had me sold as the last one I got only had inline skate type wheels.
Love the two front pockets for last minute packing of stuff.
Also my 100% cotton socks were finally back in stock!!!!!! :dogdance:

Hugs Mel

That one is like a bigger brother to my Minnie Mouse suitcase. It will work well for you.

Take a photocopy of your receipt and keep it in the suitcase in case you need service on it down the road. Your cash register receipt may fade over time depending on what type of paper it was printed on. (little tip was given to me by the store I bought Minnie Mouse at)

All shot up!
#5 Covid vaccine in left arm yesterday and Flu shot in right arm today.
Pharmacist yesterday pinched the arm and jammed it in ,,, Pharmacist today gently injected it,, didn't feel a thing.
I am trying to figure out if I want to take a supply job for Wednesday?????????????????
I already have one booked for Friday.
Hmmmmmmmm ....
Maybe see if something for Thursday comes up just in case of side effect from shots.
There is such a shortage of staff right now and the Flu season has even really begun.
Time for an afternoon tea........☕
Hugs Mel

I've been super busy the last 3 - 4 ish weeks. Between starting back at Homesense, going to help dd paint her new house before they move in and then some volunteer work that I stupidly agreed to...I haven't been able to get much walking in.

Finally last night - I got to the gym! I didn't get as long of a walk in as I wanted. I am breaking in some new gym shoes - and those dern blisters started popping up :sad2: . I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to keep up with the same pace I was earlier this year - with walking outside all summer and NOT nearly as much as I had been earlier in the year.

So I'll call that a win! I seem to finally have settled into a routine again. Have started meal planning /shopping to help keep me more organized with everything. After we move the kids into their house this weekend...things will hopefully be a little more settled again. Just in time for the get ready for xmas holiday rush!

I Just updated my Christmas 🎅stocking list for the sons and I think other than a few sweet treats I am finished
3 Stockings
Silly Fun set of Pillow cases
Spa hand towel
pumice stone/brush.
electric toothbrush
Post It Notes.
nail clipper kit
Mini shampoo
Mini Tylenol
Dove Sensitive soap bars
Bottle Advil
Scope minis
Avengers Playing Cards.
Star Wars 16oz glass
writing pad
3 Toothpaste
Sports Socks
Lotto Scratch Tickets
Vicks Vaporizer cleaning fish
Rick & Morty Hot Sauce Gift set
USB Key
$15 Tim Card

Now to work on the Granddaughters 12 days Of Christmas Mini Santa Sacks.
Hmmmmmmm....have to think on this one.
Looks like I better hurry up with the snow tires and I know I have a headlight and brake light out....
it is always something. (Ex Hubby is a mechanic and he owes me a favor).🙂

Hope everyone is keeping well?
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter