• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS FIT 2021 New Hopes, Dreams & Goals, Chit Chat Thread

Talk with the person in the store and mention your concerns about his current computer etc. They should be able to help you narrow down the right computer at the right price that will meet DS needs.

In another few years you may be able to get him to build his own computer. I know that's what two of my DS's did. I asked where they learned how to do it and they said online. I was impressed. They have all the components they want/need for optimal performance. When their needs change they are able to switch out this part for that part and they are off to the races again.

Talk with the person in the store and mention your concerns about his current computer etc. They should be able to help you narrow down the right computer at the right price that will meet DS needs.

In another few years you may be able to get him to build his own computer. I know that's what two of my DS's did. I asked where they learned how to do it and they said online. I was impressed. They have all the components they want/need for optimal performance. When their needs change they are able to switch out this part for that part and they are off to the races again.

My dad used to build his own computers, I know the principles from then but haven't kept up :) He has said if we get it and need to update the video card we can just "pop out the old one and put in the new one". I do remember if you buy a built computer, as soon as you open it up the warranty is voided. I am sure he'll be building his own in a few years. He currently has a laptop so it's not very fast and of course doesn't have a video card so no dedicated RAM for that.

Oh, and I'll be using my money to also get myself a new smart TV. Debating between a Roku and an Android version. Just in case anyone thought I'm just spending lots of money on him and nothing for me :)

does anyone want a HelloFresh code? I have one for a free box (up to $120 value). No one seems to want it! They do have some healthy choices on the menu. I like to get things to try since I am not very creative in cooking. PM me if you are interested :)

Mini vacation planning here.
My sister called and offered her trailer for a long weekend.....
BUT wait , wait , wait, I hate trailer camping........................... she says I am :snooty:
It was nice of her but I think she knows my feelings about mosquitos , bugs , snakes, and outdoor facilities, I am such a resort girl. lol

Oh well looks like my backyard will have to be my Oasis this year.
I picked up some garden pots via Michaels curbside pick up today and plan to whitewash them and then add some flowers.

Today I am thankful for the health of my family.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Edited to add: My son found me a pair that will work hopefully.
thanks anyway.

Help with a head set please .
I am going to have to use a head set for online work and was wondering if anyone has something light weight they like that they can recommend ?

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Last edited:
I spent the last 2-ish hours running around doing last minute birthday shopping for our daughter, you know the one that's TODAY 🤦‍♀️ I had planned on heading out for a walk when i got home but I'm exhausted so looking like movies and popcorn instead. Once hubby's finished working we'll mask up, head over and drop off her gifts and ice cream cake.

never imagined we'd end up doing 2 quarantine birthdays when we did hers last year. We called her on the day but original plans had been dinner out on Friday night and the "P" word was used on the 11th and since her wife has her Master degree in epidemiology she said. Oh no, we're not going into a restaurant!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter