DIS FIT 2021 New Hopes, Dreams & Goals, Chit Chat Thread

Oooops I am missing it....shoot,,,ran out to gas station. dang. (out of coffee cream).
Oh well.
Hugs Mel

Happy Family day all. Feeling a little anxious over here today. My daughter started her first ever week of work with the school board last Monday. She an educational assistant and on contract. She works every day, but finds out each morning what school she is assigned to.

She worked four days, was off for the PD day Friday , and started feeling sick yesterday with a bad headache and weepiness. Today she is weak and feels nauseous. I looked up our school board alert page and sure enough there is two confirmed cases of Covid in the school she worked in on Thursday . It would be a quick turn around time but she needs to be tested.

Public Health should contact her but I don’t know if they would think to contact the supply EA. She says she was in pretty much every classroom on Thursday because she collected and delivered snacks for every room and helped students in several rooms.

So now we wait. She’s young and healthy and I’m not too worried but it’s still not a pleasant feeling. Thanks for letting me vent .

(eta she lives in her own home and I haven’t seen her in more than two weeks ).

Pigletto that whole situation sounds just crazy and wrong.

In my Board
Starting tomorrow each EA has to log into an APP and sign in and fill out Covid questionnaire.
Edited to add: you must sign out at the end of the day in the APP too.
This has to be done daily before work starts.

Each EA is NOT to be working at multiple schools ,,if supplying then no more than 2 schools in the same area.
(This is no different that working in multiple Nursing homes in my opinion).

All EAs must wear a level 2 mask provided by the school. Most of my friends going back tomorrow will be wearing 2 masks.
Also shield wearing over masks is now required.
(One mask provided by the board and one personal one). (shield is provided by the Board).

Multiple classroom visits are NOT allowed.

Staffrooms are closed.

If servicing multiple students then there is a location where one or two students come to meet with the EA.
Most EA have been given small resource areas to work. (off the Library or a resource room).

Schools are not providing any unpackaged snacks for students and one large table is centrally located where teacher picks up her student needs. Kind of like Grab & Go foods. (Students do not make trips to the office for attendance drop off/pick up ,Band-Aids, etc anymore.
Staff and Students are asked to put all their garbage into their lunch bags and deposit it at home .

Library bins are set up in individual classrooms and books must stay in the bin and only the teacher delivers the bin to the Library once a week.
All Chromebook and laptops, I Pads are NOT shared and must be disinfected prior to use.
Very little paper work is moved from the students individual desk.
All notes from home are emails and phone calls.

All individual resource materials for a child with special needs must be clearly tagged and cleaned daily.

Each week more and more changes are being made.

I am so sorry she is somewhere that is Not following the Health Dept. guidelines.
Have her contact her principal right away and let them know that she is feeling unwell and they should have a plan of care to support her through this ei. where to get a fast track Covid test ,,who to notify (contact tracing) ,,sick day pay etc.

Best wishes to her and you.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Pigletto that whole situation sounds just crazy and wrong.

In my Board
Starting tomorrow each EA has to log into an APP and sign in and fill out Covid questionnaire.
This has to be done daily before work starts.

Each EA is NOT to be working at multiple schools ,,if supplying then no more than 2 schools in the same area.
(This is no different that working in multiple Nursing homes in my opinion).

All EAs must wear a level 2 mask provided by the school. Most of my friends going back tomorrow will be wearing 2 masks.
Also shield wearing over masks is now required.
(One mask provided by the board and one personal one). (shield is provided by the Board).

Multiple classroom visits are NOT allowed.

Staffrooms are closed.

If servicing multiple students then there is a location where one or two students come to meet with the EA.
Most EA have been given small resource areas to work. (off the Library or a resource room).

Schools are not providing any unpackaged snacks for students and one large table is centrally located where teacher picks up her student needs. Kind of like Grab & Go foods. (Students do not make trips to the office for attendance drop off/pick up ,Band-Aids, etc anymore.
Staff and Students are asked to put all their garbage into their lunch bags and deposit it at home .

Library bins are set up in individual classrooms and books must stay in the bin and only the teacher delivers the bin to the Library once a week.
All Chromebook and laptops, I Pads are NOT shared and must be disinfected prior to use.
Very little paper work is moved from the students individual desk.
All notes from home are emails and phone calls.

All individual resource materials for a child with special needs must be clearly tagged and cleaned daily.

Each week more and more changes are being made.

I am so sorry she is somewhere that is Not following the Health Dept. guidelines.
Have her contact her principal right away and let them know that she is feeling unwell and they should have a plan of care to support her through this ei. where to get a fast track Covid test ,,who to notify (contact tracing) ,,sick day pay etc.

Best wishes to her and you.
Hugs
Mel
Thank you ! This is all very new to her and she said a lot of those guidelines were in place but not all. I thought it was kind of crazy that she was hired as an itinerant EA during Covid, but our board hired quite a few to fill the vacant positions.
She doesn’t have one principal because she travels but she does have a board liaison and she can bring up concerns with them I’m sure. She was mostly feeling bad that she was already sick and having to call out after one week but she will and has booked a test for tomorrow.

Hugs Hon
From one mama to another ....this type of job... well we EA's are often in the crossfire of lots of
GERMS !!! 1613433929397.png.
I remember after being off on Mat leave or sick leave my whole immune system took a kicking when I got back to work.
This year has been so weird, I don't want to jinx myself but working online I haven't had once single sinus infection or cold yet!

Tell her not to feel bad at all ..she is doing the responsible thing here.
Tell her to double up on the vitamin D & C and many of us take probiotics too.
Pack a nice thermos of hot tea and remember to take an outdoor fresh air breaks.
Tell her she is special always and how much her contribution matters ,,,cause often admin people forget this.
Many of my seasoned staff friends (all areas, custodians,teachers ,resources staff ,office managers etc) are at their breaking points right now Hon,, lots of stress so giving her as much support as possible during this time is imperative. I can't tell you how many super strong, caring people I know have had to go on a leave recently.
Emotional wellbeing is so critical ,,I just don't know how the nurses and doctors are doing it.

I'll be thinking of you guys and hoping for a great outcome.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Hugs Hon
From one mama to another ....this type of job... well we EA's are often in the crossfire of lots of
GERMS !!! View attachment 556698.
I remember after being off on Mat leave or sick leave my whole immune system took a kicking when I got back to work.
This year has been so weird, I don't want to jinx myself but working online I haven't had once single sinus infection or cold yet!

Tell her not to feel bad at all ..she is doing the responsible thing here.
Tell her to double up on the vitamin D & C and many of us take probiotics too.
Pack a nice thermos of hot tea and remember to take an outdoor fresh air breaks.
Tell her she is special always and how much her contribution matters ,,,cause often admin people forget this.
Many of my seasoned staff friends (all areas, custodians,teachers ,resources staff ,office managers etc) are at their breaking points right now Hon,, lots of stress so giving her as much support as possible during this time is imperative. I can't tell you how many super strong, caring people I know have had to go on a leave recently.
Emotional wellbeing is so critical ,,I just don't know how the nurses and doctors are doing it.

I'll be thinking of you guys and hoping for a great outcome.
Hugs
Mel
Thanks Mel I really appreciate your thoughts and I will make sure to offer her support.. I know it can be a very very hard job and even harder right now. Sending strength to you too . This pandemic is stretching everyone to their limit isn‘t it ?
Just keep swimming:grouphug:

Looks like I'll be getting my workout in by shoveling today! Hopefully kiddo will be up to helping... he is actually usually excited to help and does a good job. Perhaps an offer to order dinner if the driveway etc are clear will help :) I want to do it before the temperature drops too much, I heard it's going to get very cold tonight.

And I'm still obsessively looking into Mediterranean cruises for next summer/fall. Can't decide on a cruise line or whether to do Greek Isles or Italy, but pretty sure I want to leave from Rome (or whatever that port is called) so we can go a few days before and see all the ruins and sites. Hoping for some more airmiles so I can cover the hotel room. And for kiddo's anxiety to lessen so he can handle the length of flight required.

My mom ordered me some special macadamia nuts. The bag is HUGE and they are so good... I switched to WW (for those keeping track) and I don't even want to know how many points they are but oh they are so fresh and tasty... I need to put them way somewhere I can't see them, or do something with them. Oh they are good.

Today is an irritating day, when work is driving me nuts and I wish I could have a nap, and I woke up with a migraine. ugh. Do not eat 1Kg of macadamia nuts.

Put your macadamia nuts in small baggies in the freezer. You can pull out a small amount every now and then for a treat. I purchased some macadamia nuts at Christmas for making cookies. Not baking right now and don't want them to go bad so into the freezer they went.

I don't remember which thread I was talking about the backing fabric for my quilt. I finally went to the store today to see about some fabric. They had some which was OK but at $21-24 per meter it better be more than just fine. Even the plain navy fabric was that price and this was at Fabricland.

I finally found a bolt of Navy fabric that was on sale. Not quite the same shade as the solid navy I have on the front of the quilt but I've got so many shades of navy fabric on the front I don't think it matters. I need 4m so the $8/m was the right price. I'll go throw it through a cycle in the washer and dryer and see if the shade doesn't change a bit.

I just know that I can not have tempting food in the house ,,if it's in the house I have no self control.
My best bet is to have safe ,,treats available.popcorn::
Ok I wanted chocolate so badly a few nights ago that I raided the baking chocolate chips ...............:guilty:
I swear craft materials have gone up in price since Covid started. I hope the material turns out well Ottawamom.

Ok I am going to try to get back into my steps routine tomorrow ,,when the phone beeps at you and says 595 steps today you know you have to get moving.

Hugs
Mel

I didn't know where else to put this... https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/astrazeneca-approved-1.5929050 I am so happy about it. Perhaps it will allow faster rollout, because Ontario's plan for those under 65 make me want to cry to be honest.

And about those nuts :) I measured a serving for today and put the rest in the freezer. At least if I want more I'll have to wait for them to thaw out, a little too hard to eat frozen. Which gives me time to think on it and remember I'm not hungry, I'm bored/stressed/anxious and should drink some water or do some deep breathing instead.

Gorgeous day out for a walk and what am I doing .... watching my email to see what the accountant has to say about my taxes.... might have to bite the bullet and get a new dishwasher this year.... although I could go back to hand washing the dishes?

Ok off I go for a walk... I'll just take my phone with me... no excuses.

have a great day!
Hugs
Mel

I thought I would start green to keep me more accountable starting out. I found the info online, including a calculator. I am hoping to start this weekend!

I thought I would start green to keep me more accountable starting out. I found the info online, including a calculator. I am hoping to start this weekend!

There are less 0 point foods on green of course, I found it hard to fit enough protein in, I tend to do better (less hungry and lose better) when I up my protein intake.

Busy day today. I have grocery pick up at 8 at Walmart, and this afternoon I take kiddo to get blood work done and then for a physio appointment. Not quite sure what that will involve but given he got very little sleep last night and is already not wanting to go... should be fun times. The bribe of Taco Bell for supper may help.

I get part of my back pay today and promised him I'd get him a good gaming computer. There is one on sale at Best Buy but I have no idea if it's "good enough" I mean he likes to play Roblox and Minecraft primarily. I was planning to get him a Dell but that won't come for weeks. The Best Buy one is in stock so we could get it tomorrow. But they have a nice Dell one that is not on sale, but maybe it would be on Friday. Any way, driving me nuts. And an expensive purchase. But hopefully it will help his games not lag so he won't get mad at that part, which adds to the problems. Any way... I'm sure he'll be begging for me to buy it all day long. And all I really want to do is go back to bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter