DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

I was tossing this idea around too because it is one of the two sights my dad really wanted to see (the Terracotta Warriors and the Great Wall)
That's what we thought, it is a long way to go and not see one of the major attractions. We are currently looking at a day tour, a long day but well worth it.

Ian & Diane

Just FYI for people looking to do a Tokyo pretrip, Monday October 9 is a national holiday in Japan. I'm not sure how that impacts crowds in the parks or touring in Tokyo but thought I'd throw it out there.

Laurie

Hi Laurie, thanks for this, we are amending the order of what we are planning for Tokyo as we hadn't realised it was a public holiday.
A crowd estimator web site, shows out of 100, the following scores for the same time this year.
Sat - 97
Sun - 100
Mon (Public holiday) - 89
Tue - 72
Wed -66
Thur -58

Ian & Diane

Very interested in seeing what your decide on. I was looking at planes vs. trains this morning...
Hi
Never even thought about the train, I will have to have a look. We are seriously considering the Viator one day tour, which whilst a little expensive £690pp, will be door to door and hopefully hassle free. It appeared a little complicated getting from the airport to the Warriors without an understanding of the language.

This weekend I have checked the weather in the various cities we will be visiting in China next year. No, I'm not ready to break out the suitcases, but since we live in Houston, I want to make sure we are covered for any potentially chilly surprises. Temps have been reasonably consistent for the past few days...

Houston and Orlando - 82
Tokyo - 52, with a high of 54
Beijing - 28 with a high of 54
Hong Kong - 68 with a high of 77
Shanghai - 48 with a high of 61

Packing is going to be a challenge.

Just saw this video on Facebook. Apparently HKDL has scare houses. It looks amazing, very elaborate.

We "purchased" our airfare with miles. United has some significantly discounted frequent flyer award tickets available (through Houston) on their site if you have OnePass Miles.

We "purchased" our airfare with miles. United has some significantly discounted frequent flyer award tickets available (through Houston) on their site if you have OnePass Miles.
Did you include a stop in Tokyo on the way? Curious as to how many miles it took.

Did you include a stop in Tokyo on the way? Curious as to how many miles it took.

I did not. Unfortunately Tokyo would be too much time off for one vacation. We're flying out Wed Oct 11th, and working that Mon and Tue before will be helpful. We are looking into the possibility of a Tokyo Trip, but for another time of year.

200,000 miles each for roundtrip business/first.
80,000 to Hong Kong flying EVA business and 120,000 flying ANA first class back home. The super saver tickets (or whatever the term) were about 50% less miles than regular award tickets.

We'll arrive Thursday the 12th (2 pre nights) in Hong Kong. We depart Shanghai Fri Oct 27th (2 post nights). Could have left on Wed, but we wanted a couple of extra nights in Shanghai.

My father is backing off of Tokyo so I might be meeting him in Hong Kong. Secured myself a flight from Seattle to Narita for 25000 miles + $18. Arriving on Oct 10th and plan to fly to Hong Kong the morning of the 14th. Hopefully there will be others in Tokyo :)

Hi Everyone - Somehow Kevin forgot to include me on the list of attendees so I just found out about this thread. This is my first ABD trip and I'll be celebrating my 40th birthday so I'm excited for it! I'm definitely interested in adding Tokyo beforehand or afterwards. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Steven

Hi Everyone - Somehow Kevin forgot to include me on the list of attendees so I just found out about this thread. This is my first ABD trip and I'll be celebrating my 40th birthday so I'm excited for it! I'm definitely interested in adding Tokyo beforehand or afterwards. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Steven

I'll be celebrating my 40th bday as well. It's actually in November, but hopefully that's close enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter