Dining May 21 with Pics

Hi again!

Back for part 1 of our day at Magic Kingdom.

We had two BIG sit down meals as we were celebrating our 2nd anniversary.

Our first dining of the day was at Aloha Isle. I went with the classic Pineapple Float. I love pineapple. I now love dole whip. So you can guess how great this was.

PXL_20210518_140414375.jpg

The wife went with the Kakamora float which is "Coconut Soft-serve on top of Pineapple Juice and Blue Curaçao Syrup garnished with a Chocolate Kakamora Cake Pop". She loved it. So well presented.

PXL_20210518_141156626.jpg

Next stop was lunch at the Jungle Navigation Skipper Canteen! The best! Neither of us had been before and wow! Easy ADR to get for us and so good.

I had the Schweitzer Slush which I'll let disney describe as "Frozen Apple Juice and Passion Fruit topped with Bursting Green Apple Boba Balls, first concocted by the noted explorer and humanitarian, Dr. Albert Slush" !

Great flavors. Very refreshing and also fun. I love unique items I just can't go get down the street from my house and this certainly is that.

IMG_2361.jpg

We got the Brazilain cheese bread appetizer that's not on the menu but is instead a special the waiter told us about. Sounded too good to not try. Another unique item and very tasty. I'd like to try the Falafel falls on a future visit.

PXL_20210518_164333420.jpg

We both had the Dr. Falls signature grilled steak for our entrée. Just amazing. Probably the top thing I had the entire trip. Just hit all the right notes. It's served over a chorizo hash, greens, an onion puree, and crispy farofa!

IMG_2362.JPG

Here's the aftermath of mine:

IMG_2363.jpg

For dessert we each had our own thing but we also got a little chocolate cake to celebrate our anniversary! Very cool.

PXL_20210518_172823760.jpg

Our actual dessert's were for me a coconut bar with pineapple basil compote and vanilla cream. Described as "Vanilla Chiffon Cake with Coconut and Lime-White Chocolate Ganache" it was great. Very light and just right.

IMG_2364.jpg

And for the wife she had the kungaloosh which is obviously "An African-inspired Chocolate Cake with Caramelized Bananas served with Cashew-Caramel Ice Cream topped with Coffee Dust".

PXL_20210518_172820717.jpg

We were very full so it was a while until we got our next snack. The Cheshire cat tail from Cosmic Ray's! Beautifully done and so good. Great gooey chocolate inside.

IMG_2367.jpg

I'll be back soon with my final post.

Definitely go to the skipper canteen!

Back one more time!

Before our big dinner at Crystal Palace we stopped over at Gaston's tavern.

We split a grey stuff cupcake and a LeFou's Brew ! The cupcake is super rich and amazing. The brew is "Frozen Apple Juice with a hint of Toasted Marshmallow and topped with All-Natural Passion Fruit-Mango Foam". Can't get more unique than that folks.

PXL_20210518_204344327.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

PXL_20210518_204346966.jpg

On to our anniversary dinner at Crystal Palace!

They start you off with cheddar bacon cornbread muffins and homestyle muffins, whipped butter, hot pepper jelly and a seasonal salad. Off to a great start.

PXL_20210518_220458630.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

My wife had the fried chicken with panko mac and cheese and green beans. She couldn't finish it all but enjoyed it. I did what I could to finish it off at the hotel later.

PXL_20210518_222650987.jpg

I had the blackened catfish and shrimp, with cheddar grits, corn salsa, and creole sauce. I loooved it. Just what I wanted.

IMG_2374.jpg

They then give you a dessert platter to share. When we went it was "Banana Cream Pie, Hummingbird Cake, Honey of a Chocolate Cupcake, and Peach Cobbler". So much sugar! So much good!!!

PXL_20210518_225000830.jpg

Well that's it folks. Thanks to anyone who checked this out. It was fun to relive it and I can't wait to go again.

For fun here's pics of our pizza from our first night in Orlando pre parks. It was from Girodano's Chicago deep dish pizza.

IMG_1850.jpgIMG_1851.jpg

Thanks again and take care! :)

Wow, so many delicious food and drinks 😍 Great reviews and pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter