Dining May 21 with Pics

cherrylimeadew

Mouseketeer
Hey hey!

Went to all 4 parks back in Mid May. I wanted to post stuff sooner but had some laptop issues.

No in depth food critiques here. Just general thoughts and fun pictures.

So here we go!

Day 1 Epcot:

We mostly did quick service at Epcot except for Spice Road table.

First we tried the cookie butter worms and dirt drink from the Flavor Full Kitchen booth.

This was fantastic and a great fun thing to start off with. It was my wife's favorite thing the entire trip!

I grabbed the spicy hot dog from the pineapple promenade. With spicy Pineapple chutney and plantain chips this was super unique and super good.

IMG_1893.jpg

And I also got the violet lemonade from the same booth. So good!

IMG_1895.jpg

Soon after we had the popsicle trio from the Refeshment Port. While refreshing and having some unique flavors it didn't really wow us. The texture was a little weird and not what we excepted in a popsicle. They kind of had a frozen yogurt consistency.

IMG_1900.jpg

Next was Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie in France. Wife had an uninteresting croissant but I had a chocolate mousse and raspberry macaron. Unbelievably good.

IMG_1905.jpgIMG_1906.jpg

Later for lunch we stopped by Katsura Grill. Wife had the shrimp tempura udon and I had the miso wings. Both excellent. And some lovely iced green tea.

IMG_1915.jpgIMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

Rest of Epcot tomorrow! :)

We were there in May, too! Love the shrimp tempura udon from Katsura Grill. We missed it this trip. Never tried the wings before, but they look yummy! I love how you described your wife's uninteresting croissant! :D I think my favorite item from Flower & Garden was the spicy hotdog. So so good! We missed Les Halles also this trip, but going back in September, so hopefully can fit it in then. Looking forward to seeing more pics!

Thanks for the kind words!

We were there in May, too! Love the shrimp tempura udon from Katsura Grill. We missed it this trip. Never tried the wings before, but they look yummy! I love how you described your wife's uninteresting croissant! :D I think my favorite item from Flower & Garden was the spicy hotdog. So so good! We missed Les Halles also this trip, but going back in September, so hopefully can fit it in then. Looking forward to seeing more pics!

Haha. I'm sure her croissant was great. Just not picture worthy. Spicy hot dog was so good!

Here's the rest of our Epcot Day.

We circled back to Pineapple Promenade for my first ever dole whip.

I just went for the basic one even though the fanta version was very tempting. It was of course perfect.

Next was our dinner at Spice Road Table. It was one of the highlights of the day.

I don't like mint flavor. But I wanted to give their mint tea a try and it was worth the risk. Loved it and much better than my wife's water in the background.

For our shared plates we had the Hummus Fries, Pomegrante Chili Crispy Cauliflower, and the Spice Road table sampler which conisted of lamb kefta, spiced chicken, and tiropitakia.

I can't recommend this place enough. The Pom-Chili Cauliflower was near the top of our list for best things on the trip. So flavorful!

Later was a stop to the bakery in Norway that I will copy and paste the name of. Here it is "Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe".

I had the Kringla with chocolate topping. It was good but kind of dry. Maybe if I had a bottle of water handy it would rate higher. Next time I'd try the troll horn I think.

Wife had the school bread and I heard no complaints.

We did a walk back through World Showcase and I had the Frushi at the Hanami booth. I loved the creativity of it but at 6 dollars it was the only thing I felt wasn't worth the money. It was still great but another piece or even two would've made me feel better about the cost. Oh well. Still nothing I can't just get around the corner back home.

And finally I had the cherry Kakigori ( or maybe rainbow? I see a little bit of orange peeking out!) from the Kabuki café with sweet milk topping. It was awesome even if once the sweet milk was gone it basically a snow cone. But hey it's not like I ever just go out and buy a snow cone somewhere so it was a nice treat and way to end the day. Now that I think about it I'm not even sure where you just go to buy snow cones!

Next Animal Kingdom, T-Rex Cafe, and everglazed donuts! :)

Last edited:
I love your Spice Road choices. Are they very filling? I am a solo traveler, so without someone to share with, what I want to eat and what I CAN eat are not the same. But I want to try all of those. Maybe if I left the Hummus fries out, there would be room?
I'm in for the rest of your reviews with pictures. Yay!

I love your Spice Road choices. Are they very filling? I am a solo traveler, so without someone to share with, what I want to eat and what I CAN eat are not the same. But I want to try all of those. Maybe if I left the Hummus fries out, there would be room?
I'm in for the rest of your reviews with pictures. Yay!

Hey! Thanks!

I feel you. We wrote a bunch of other things out we wanted to try at the parks but simply could not fit it in. And sometimes the eyes are hungrier than the stomach or whatever that saying is.

Me and my wife think you'll be okay if you don't go too hard before/give yourself time between whatever your last snack will be. Without the Hummus fries you should be good to go. The tiropitakia will probably be the most filling part of the sampler as it's basically a cheese pie.

We finished everything between the two of us and were full for sure but again we went pretty hard before we got there. Just don't eat all the tiropitakia first maybe!

Spice Road Table is definitely a hidden gem. I think the menu scares a lot of people off. I'm not a big cauliflower fan but that looks delicious! The chocolate mousse from France is one of my favorite snacks... a must get every trip. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Spice Road Table is definitely a hidden gem. I think the menu scares a lot of people off. I'm not a big cauliflower fan but that looks delicious! The chocolate mousse from France is one of my favorite snacks... a must get every trip. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Thank you!

Yeah me and the wife both talk about that cauliflower still. One of the top things we had!

So excited to read this because I didn't realize SRT was open and I didn't know we could get the hummus fries! I had those at Food & Wine 2019 and loved them. Was the mint tea an alcoholic drink? Great review. :)

I'm back with Animal Kingdom.

We didn't go too hard at AK as we had a dinner res at T-Rex Cafe at 6:30 and wanted to make sure we were good for that.

My wife grabbed some breakfast before we left for the park but I did not. So after rope dropping Flight of Passage and Navi's I grabbed a Night Blossom drink and a Pongu Lumpia from Pongu Pongu.

The night blossom is layers of apple and desert pear Limeade topped with passion fruit boba balls. It's out of this world good. Great flavors. Great for the heat and looks amazing.

IMG_1970.jpg

The lumpia is a pineapple cream cheese spring roll. I love anything pineapple so this was going to be a hit and it was. Would eat again every day if I could.

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

Soon after she was ready for a snack and found a beautiful Mickey Pretzel. Here's a picture after he lost part of his ear.

IMG_1990.jpg

I had the Simba Sunset dole whip from Tamu Tamu refreshments. It's dole whip pineapple with watermelon, strawberry and coconut-flavored syrup. It's as good as it looks. Lots of flavors so it's not like you taste any of the syrup flavors distinctively but who cares?!?

IMG_1989.jpg

Later to keep with the Simba theme we got this Simba Cupcake. Beautifully done and excellent.

IMG_1994.jpg

For lunch we went to Satu/li Canteen. A fantastic meal. Full of great flavors.

Here's my wife's. She had the chopped grilled chicken bowl with noodles and black bean vinagrette.

PXL_20210516_170936967.jpg

And mine mid meal with chicken, creamy herb dressing, and potato hash.

IMG_2021.jpg

I also had the Pandoran sunrise drink which is tropical juices blended with melon powerade. Loved it!

IMG_2023.jpg

We each had the blueberry cream cheese mousse with passion fruit curd. Looks so good and tasted just as good. Very similar to a desert from Galaxy's edge that we also love.

IMG_2022.jpg

See you next time! :)

Hi again!

As we left Animal Kingdom to head to Disney Springs I grabbed a Fruits of Mo'ara fruit bar. It's strawberry, lime, and raspberry and was a great treat on the way to our car.

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

At Springs we had dinner at T-Rex Cafe. We walked by it back in November on our previous trip and really wanted to experience it this time. We weren't in a room with any animatronics but it was a color changing ice cave so that was a pretty "cool" atmosphere.

PXL_20210516_223751612.MP.jpg

I had the meteor meatloaf which is with BBQ sauce, red skinned mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, and fried onion strings. I love a good meatloaf but we don't make it at home as my wife doesn't care for it. So despite being tempted by other menu options I had to go with it. It was a huge mountain of meatloaf!

IMG_2064.jpg

To drink I had a strawberry-asauraus lemonade! Look at those berries on top!

PXL_20210516_230138267.NIGHT.jpg

My wife had the fish and chips and loved it. Great size piece of fish.

PXL_20210516_230740489.jpg

We also had some prehistoric smoothies with various treats in them but they weren't very photogenic in the low lights at the cafe. A fun place to try. The meteor shower was a blast.

Gideon's list was full when we got there so we got some Everglazed donuts on the way out. Here's the cinnamon toast crunch and Oreo.

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2330.JPG

See you next time!

Last edited:
Hi again!

Next was a day at Hollywood Studios.

I love Star Wars so it's my favorite park.

We were lucky enough to get reservations at Oga's to begin and end the day.

We both got the Blackspire Brew to start off. It's cold brew Joffrey's coffee, honey, falernum, passion fruit, and citrus. It was a heavy honey taste and not much like coffee which was fine with me. A very interesting drink.

IMG_2103.jpg

We also both had the Bantha cookie. Super good! The coconut caramel was amazing.

IMG_2104.jpg

My second drink was the Jabba Juice which is simply orange with pineapple, kiwi, cantaloupe, and blueberry popping pearls. Great citrus taste!

PXL_20210517_131226966.NIGHT.jpg

And my wife's second drink was the Hyperdrive Punch it! It's Powerade mountain berry blast, white cranberry juice, black cherry purée, and sprite. Visually impressive and super unique.

PXL_20210517_131342264.jpg

Before hitting Rise of the Resisitance we each grabbed a blue milk. An absolute must get!

PXL_20210517_143424905.jpg

And speaking of absolute must get's we now come to the Ronto wrap from Ronto Roasters! It's one of my favorite things to eat period. Unbelievable mix of flavors.

IMG_2232.jpg

And you have to get the Tatooine Sunset to go with it! Maybe not visually impressive but the unsweetened tea and lemonade with melon and blueberry is very very impressive! Love it!

IMG_2233.jpg

Back with more Hollywood Studios!

Next up is the snacking sandwhich cookie at Rosie's All american cafe. It's a marshmallow sandwich with shortbread cookies dipped in chocolate and topped with pretzels and potato chips. So thick and rich! Make sure you have plenty of water or whatever beverage you prefer to help with this heavy and salty treat. So good!

IMG_2250.jpg

More snacks before dinner at Docking Bay 7 included the cookies and cream with vanilla ice cream funnel cake from Epic Eats. This was my wife's big treat and I helped out with a little bit. It was as good as it looks. Love the Mickey placement of the oreos.

PXL_20210517_192616485.MP.jpg

Over at Woody's Lunchbox I had the raspberry lunch box tart. Looks so good. It was perfect.

IMG_2262.jpg

And I also got the mystic portal punch. Mountainberry blast powerade with tangerine and lemon lime flavors. Yum!

IMG_2261.jpg

Dinner was at Docking Bay 7 where I had the smoked Kaadu pork ribs. Soooo goood. Works so well with the blueberry muffin and slaw.

IMG_2276.jpg

Wife had the fried Endorian Chicken Tip Yip. We forgot to take a picture so here's a picture of mine from last November! Also make sure to try the Moof Juice! Fruit punch with orange/pineapple and chipotle pineapple.

Photo Nov 23, 6 18 52 PM.jpg

For Desert we split the Batuu-Bon. Fantastic little chocolate cake with a chocolate coin!

PXL_20210517_225408434.jpg

Back at Oga's to end the night. We each had a Cliff Dweller which wasn't very photogenic as it came in souvenir porg mug. It had way too many flavors going on. Wouldn't get again.

PXL_20210518_011555476.jpg

It was my turn to have the Hyperdrive Punch it which I loved. And she had the Carbon Freeze that is Powerade lemon lime, wild strawberry, blueberry, and green apple popping pearls. It has the whole dry ice bubbling effect going on and it's super fun. Tastes awesome too.

PXL_20210518_005132710.jpg

And of course we had to end with Oga's obsession. A super unique snack that I love. I'll use the disney description for this one: Minute Maid Premium Lemonade, Cotton Candy Flavor, Blueberry Popping Pearls with a Bursting Dried Fruit Mixture.

IMG_2313.jpg

See you next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter