Dilemma...One Day, Two Parks...Which One?

MaryAnnDVC

"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
I'm new to the Disneyland Board; we've been to WDW 3 times in the last 4 years (and just bought DVC :D ), but a few days ago booked a trip for me and our 3 kids to visit my sister in Long Beach, CA, in June (DH is staying home).

I went to Disneyland once, 12 years ago, when my oldest was 10 months old.

The thing is...we're going for a week, and I don't think I want to spend more than one day doing Disney. My sister will be working 1/2 days and doesn't like DL :eek: anyway , so I figured we take a one day break from each other ;) and I'd go alone with the kids. Besides, there are so many other things I'd like to do while I'm there (relaxing a bit being one of them).

But, which park should we do?

I kind of feel like we SHOULD do the original park (are they calling the two of them grouped together something?...like Universal Studios and IOA together are called "Universal Escape"?) because I feel like my kids should see Disneyland at least once in their youth. But, having been to WDW (and going for the next 41 years), it's California Adventure that's new and different.

My kids are DD#1 (almost 13), DD#2 (10 1/2), and DS (8). He tends to be a little cowardly about rides. Actually they all can be at times. Me too. :rolleyes:

Would welcome your opinions. :)

I think I would do Disneyland if I were only going to do one park and only one day. There seems to be more rides and attractions at DL. Now when we go to Disneyland we usually plan at least two days at DL and usually plan more days. I am a love of DL and we will be out in July to go to DL and since they built the new park we will stop by there too. Have a great time!

:) BAS

I second that. If I could only do one day in one park, I'd most definitely choose Disneyland over DCA (have already made that choice once). DCA was designed from the beginning to be the "second day" park, so unless you've been to DL several times and don't really want to go, I'd definitely say go to DL instead of DCA :D

-Rajah
<table><tr><td width="50%">
2castles.jpg
</td><td valign="center">
mickeymoonsm.jpg

</td></tr></table>
cdrtrisal@aol.com

(Links will return when I find a new place to host the sites)

I would not hesitate to go to Disneyland if I had to choose. I have been to WDW many times in the past, so I was always curious to see what the original was like. When we went to DL this February, we also went to DCA and were not too impressed with it. There were maybe a couple of rides that were okay, but honestly, the whole park seemed like it wasn't totally finished. Go to DL! Have fun!

Lady

Another vote for Disneyland if you can only do one park. There is WAY more to do there and it has changed quite a bit since you were there last, so it will almost be like a new park to you again too. :)

By the way, the official term for the whole Disneyland area is now the "Disneyland Resort" (includes the parks, hotels and Dowtown Disney). Disneyland is "Disneyland Park". :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter