Different or Same Experience at Jungle Cruise at each visit?

yaya74

DIS Veteran
If you have ridden Jungle Cruise more than once, would you say your experience vary each time because of the CM or were they all similar?? Last time we rode JC was 2016. The experience was ”meh”. So when my family went back in 2018, we skipped this ride. I wonder if my family should try this ride again next year when we return. TIA!

It's slightly different because each CM has their own style and there are a few various jokes. They do follow a pattern, since most of the jokes are based on the sights you pass.

Personally, we love JC. Been on it dozens and dozens of times and still get a kick out of it.

The experience can be wildly different, depending on your Skipper. While a lot of the ride is scripted, there are a lot of different jokes they can make throughout.

In my opinion, it really depends on the CM. I've had both excellent and "meh" experiences on it. It just depends on the delivery of the jokes and the CM's personality. The first time I rode JC years ago, I was underwhelmed and didn't ride it again for a while, but after having some excellent CMs, it really changed my mind about the ride.

For my last few times, I've had all "meh" skippers. I have heard of the great ones people get and have even had the boat in front of me have a great time. I haven't lucked out. We always go on it and I'm hoping to find that really funny skipper.

Yes, completely CM dependent, IMHO. We've ridden it more time than I can count and the experiences have gone from meh to outstanding. We just rode it a few weeks ago and the CM told some jokes I hadn't even heard before - she was hysterical.

As others have mentioned, it depends on the Skipper. I have probably ridden it 40 times or so from when I was a kid until now. I’ve had amazing skippers, so so Skippers and a few duds.

Growing up, my dad always made us ride it at night. I tried it during the day once out of curiosity, and I do enjoy it when it’s dark outside much more. There’s kind of an eerie/spooky vibe cruising through there at night. I love it.

We tend to try to go on the Jungle cruise as our 1st ride, just something fun about it and sets us off in a great mood. Do try it at different times of the day if you can. The ride varies, and as it's been said it does depend on the Skipper, but it also depends on the guests and how they play along. Our last trip we heard some "new" jokes we hadn't heard before.

I had the pleasure of going on the Jungle Cruise in Japan years ago, I didn't understand a thing he said (mostly) but you know what his body language and sense of humor were great.

Yes definitely ride at night. Our CM on the jungle cruise at night have always been better. I also fun to play along with the jokes :)

Yes definitely ride at night. Our CM on the jungle cruise at night have always been better. I also fun to play along with the jokes :)

I think it is an iconic WDW ride and you either love it or are bored to tears. WE love it and if we are there at Christmastime we are sure to FP it.

It really is not different every time, but the jokes can vary depending on the Skipper.

We tend to try to go on the Jungle cruise as our 1st ride, just something fun about it and sets us off in a great mood. Do try it at different times of the day if you can. The ride varies, and as it's been said it does depend on the Skipper, but it also depends on the guests and how they play along. Our last trip we heard some "new" jokes we hadn't heard before.

I had the pleasure of going on the Jungle Cruise in Japan years ago, I didn't understand a thing he said (mostly) but you know what his body language and sense of humor were great.
It's always been our first MK ride as well, because it was there when we first went in summer of 72, and ever since. We always do MK our first (and usually our last) day and don't get there at opening that first day, and Adventureland isn't usually crowded yet even an hour after park opening. Even with meh skippers, which we have had once or twice,we just look at the sights and focus on classic Disney.

You all are making me want to ride Jungle Cruise at night! Unfortunately I understand it closes for MNSSHP so we'll only get to ride it in the day, before it closes.

It's one of my favorite rides, but the Skipper usually makes it more enjoyable. It's usually the first ride I'll go on but I've never ridden it at night. Nothing beats the backside of water!

The CM delivery makes it different each time for us. Our skipper this Summer was very "dry" but he was just as funny as the year before when our skipper was very "bubbly".......both were a hit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts