Did you know.....Disney version

Did you know... that Disney's bus system runs completely on biofuel?

Did you know... that Disney recycles almost all of the dung produced by many of the animals at Disney's Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Lodge (all except carnivores and primates due to health regulations) and will turn it into fertilizer to be used within the parks?

Did you know... that Disney has the largest African Elephant herd in North America? They are also one of the most successful breeders having been the home to three African Elephant births.

Did you know... that on Expedition Everest, guests never make it to Everest but are actually turned back on their journey while passing through the Forbidden Mountain? Thus, the seemingly topmost peak on the attraction is the Forbidden Mountain - not Everest. Everest is the smaller peak on the right hand side that does not have any "snow" on it because the actual peak of Everest lacks snow due to being above the precipitation line.

Did you know... that I know waaaaaay too much useless info from DAK? :thumbsup2

Did you know that US Astronauts Scott Carpenter, Gordon Cooper and Jim Irwin were present at the grand opening of Space Mountain in 1975?

Feels like I'm having a conversation with myself on this thread...oh well...as long as people enjoy reading facts, i'll continue to post. :confused3

Did you know that the design of Main Street U.S.A. was loosely based on Walt Disney’s hometown of Marceline, Missouri?

Feels like I'm having a conversation with myself on this thread...oh well...as long as people enjoy reading facts, i'll continue to post. :confused3 ...

BUMP, I am enjoying the thread, I just don't have and DYK facts. :thumbsup2

Did you know that the 189-foot-tall water tower icon at Hollywood Studios (MGM) is known as the 'Earffel Tower.'

must be why FL doesnt have state income taxes... :upsidedow

I just realized this when I read it in the paper the other day....of course being from ny and being one of the most taxed states in the nation, figures that I wouldn't have known that.

Also makes you think of the millions (i imagine trillions) of taxes that all the tourist parks pay together- including UO, SW, WDW, BG, etc. I'll gladly take a 1/32 fraction of that amount thank you very much.

Did you know when Walt Disney World turned 15 years old in 1986, prizes were given out every 15 seconds. Tickets given to guests entering the park awarded the prizes, which ranged from small buttons to full-sized automobiles.

DYK that the name of the mayor who reigns over the distructed village in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride is named Carlos.

The hat size for that big giant hat at DHS is 342 3/8

The Grand Floridian was the site of the Beach Boys music video for "Kokomo"

Did you know that there is a hidden Mickey made entirely of Pine Trees that were planted by Disney volunteers about 7 miles west of the Magic Kingdom?

Did you know that Richard Nixon gave his infamous "I'm not a crook" speech at the Contemporary Resort?

(Love this thread!)
Did you know... Victoria and Albert's is named after Queen Victoria and her husband Albert?princess:
And related to that even; Did you know... Albert's great Exhibition of 1851 was constructed and named... :idea: The Crystal Palace!
(And who says you can't learn useful things in English class!:thumbsup2 )
(*As a side note: Queen Victoria is the girl the Victorian Era is named after:rolleyes1 )

Love reading this thread.....

Anyway, here is my DYK: Walt Disney's favorite character was Goofy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter