Did you know.....Disney version

Did you know “Honey, I Shrunk the Audience,” is located in Future World at the former site of “Captain EO,” another 3-D adventure that was directed by Francis Ford Coppola and starred Michael Jackson and Anjelica Huston?

Did you know that Mickey was originally going to be named Mortimer but Walt didnt like it

Did you know that it was actually his wife Lillian that didn't like the name and came up with Mickey on the train ride home from New York?

DYK that Walt never really animated Mickey or many of his cartoons after the mid-20's? The first Mickey Mouse cartoons were almost entirely animated by Ubbe (later changed to Ub) Iwerks.

Did you know that Ubbe Iwerks had to create the first Mickey Mouse cartoon, Plane Crazy, in secret because Walt's studio was still contractually obligated to produce Oswald the Lucky Rabbit cartoons?

Walt Disney World's Space Mountain is the slowest of all the Space Mountains in the Disney theme parks, with Anaheim and Tokyo's reaching 30.5MPH and the Space Mountain in Disneyland Paris topping out at about 43.5 MPH!

Goodness, what we have been missing out on!!!

Did you know that the three “talking heads” who introduce the Country Bear Jamboree are named Buff, Max and Melvin?

one for today

Did you know that Mission: SPACE at Epcot is so authentic that motion sickness bags are available just in case of emergency.

Walt Disney World's Space Mountain is the slowest of all the Space Mountains in the Disney theme parks, with Anaheim and Tokyo's reaching 30.5MPH and the Space Mountain in Disneyland Paris topping out at about 43.5 MPH!

Goodness, what we have been missing out on!!!

What does WDW get up to? :confused3

:flower3:

What does WDW get up to? :confused3

:flower3:

I'll have to look for an answer on this...now that you've peaked my curiosity.

For today, did you know that the jolly headhunter who shows up near the end of Jungle Cruise is known as “Trader Sam.”

the original specifications suggest that SM had a top speed of 27 mph. It is possible this might not be accurrate with any rehabs that have taken place over the years...but probably close.

slow going lately on this thread. here's one for today...

did you know that the 8,500-acre Disney Wilderness Preserve, which lies 15 miles South of Disney World, features a Conservation Learning Center and hiking trails.

wooohooo me too. I thought this old thread of mine bit the dust.

i can even give a new one for today....

Did you know- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin is located at the former site of If You Had Wings in Tomorrowland?

wooohooo me too. I thought this old thread of mine bit the dust.

i can even give a new one for today....

Did you know- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin is located at the former site of If You Had Wings in Tomorrowland?

Well if you look at this page it looks like its a private thread for me and you! :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Well if you look at this page it looks like its a private thread for me and you! :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

sorry about your almost private thread but did you knoe that in the seance room in the haunted mansion in disney world there is no floor under the carpet. IT is just a net. Under it is a storage area.

This is a great thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter