Did you ever sneak out of your house when you were younger?

I snuck out a lot! It is the grace of God I am alive. My 4 older brothers were the worst! I can remember my oldest brother would tell my parents he wanted to sleep out on the hammock because the house was too hot ( and they bought that) then when they were asleep he would push his Mustang down the driveway and around the corner. Then he would turn on the engine and take off.

We fessed up about 25 years ago to all our shenanigans. Luckily my parents took it all in stride. It is amazing though with 5 kids nothing too serious ever happened.

Nope, I knew better
Same here.
Plus the way the windows opened in my bedroom, it was impossible to sneak out a window. Which is why my parents kept a chair in my room, in case of fire, I was to use the chair to break out the fixed portion of the windows to get out.

Nope. But I don't ever recall a specific curfew either. We knew what was Expected of us and ...I would not have wanted to have my parents disappointed in me. Geez, youth is wasted on the Young lol!

I never had to sneak out but I did go to an overnight party with my boyfriend without my parents' permission or knowledge. My best friend and I each told our parents that we were spending the night at the other's house. We were good kids and our folks had no reason to question it. As far as I know, they never found out.

My dad planted this really thorny vine plant outside of my window when I was little so that it was full grown when I got to be a teen. All of the other doors were loud and we had a dog that barked at everything... so no. I didn't have to though. I had a pretty lax curfew.

Out of the house, not technically. Out of the tent in the backyard we were sleeping in...yes :-). No we did not get caught. Oddly, I cannot for the life of me remember where we went LOL.

I never snuck out of the house, but I used to sneak people IN. We lived in a ranch house and my mother slept like a rock (I think being an alcoholic, it was sometimes more like passed out). I'd take the screen off my window and leave it cranked open. For awhile there, you'd have thought I had a swinging door instead of a window- friends would come and go all night long during sophomore year of high school. Never got caught until the night a friend brought in his drum set and left it. My mother didn't hear him bringing it in, but the next morning she couldn't figure out how in the world a drum set ended up in my bedroom! :rockband:

No, I never felt the desire to do that. I got good grades so my parents were pretty lenient with me. I had a curfew but never really minded it.

Didn't sneak out. My mom was pretty lenient with that. But I snuck people in and got caught. She found him and smacked him so hard in the back of the head. To this day people from high school who knew the story will ask me how my mom is doing.

Many times. Where I grew up, in a small town in Illinois, If you could walk into a bar, you could get served. I'm 66 now. The one advantage my teenage behavior gave me was the ability to read my kids mind and know what they were up to before it happened. My husband was one of those perfect straight A students who was totally naive. I don't regret a thing, had a great teenage years with a lot of fun. I'm just glad I lived through it.

I never needed to. The only reason I had a curfew in high school was because my boyfriend did. :laughing: As long as our grades were decent, chores were done and we kept the sass to a minimum, we were allowed to come and go as we wished, but my mother always knew where we were going, who we were with and approximately when we'd be home.

I did a few times, once when a friend was sick and another time when a friend was moving away. My mother tended to be strict and rarely made an exception for anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter