Desiree's Journal - (Posts welcome)

Just wanted to stop by. Thanks for posting on my journal, and for the support.

you seem to be doing well. and a little sleep can definatley be a good thing. TRUST ME. LOL::yes::

Keep it up! We're all behind ya!

Karen

Well I have good news and bad news about yesterday. Good news: I got all my water in, and ate pretty sensably, plus I added my clippie back. Now for the bad. I didnt get to the gym yesterday at all. We didn't get home from Devyn's softball practice until 7. After that, we cooked supper and I promptly fell asleep on the couch. I dont even have any idea what time I fell asleep. I guess I needed it! But I do feel a bit bummed today that I missed. :(

Anyhoo, here's the food

B- Nutrigrain Bar
L- Lunchable (not good I know...) and a yogert
D- Grilled Chicken peices and corn

NO SNACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did run around a bit yesterday with Dev before practice working with her on some stuff. So I did move a bit, although it wasn't much.

I suppose I need a cheat free clippie. I'll get that when I get to work I guess!

:wave: Hi Desiree,
Sounds like your body really needed the rest last night. Try not to feel bad about missing a day at the gym. Just make sure you go tonight and you will feel much better about it :D . Hope you have a great day :sunny: ! Oh yeah, anytime you want some snow, feel free to come on over and pick some up ;) :teeth: !

hey desiree, please don't beat yourself up over missing one day of exercise! you were so busy that you really didn't have any time to fit it in, and seeing as you fell asleep so early on the couch, your body really needed that rest! i knwo it's hard to take days off from exercise, but sometime, your body just needs it. it's actually recommended to take days off to give your body recovery time ::yes::

you're doing a really great job sticking to your food plan, getting in your water, and yes, doing your exercise. a rest day every now and again still counts as part of your exercise plan, because your body needs it :bounce:

hope you have a great day today :sunny:

Desiree, you and I both missed some exercise this week. But don't sweat it, your body was telling you to take that break. It's a journey, right?

Have a great day! Lisa

Phew! Today was another good day for me.

B- 1 pkg of Apples & Cinnamon oatmeal
L- Lunchable and yogurt
S- Pickle
D- 6" Subway sand on wheat

Provided I get through the rest of the night with no snacks I can change my bear over in the morning!

Exercise - Didn't do strength training tonight like I had hoped, but I did get (DRUMROLL PLEASE)... 2 minutes of jogging in! I know you are saying, huh? only 2 minutes?!? Trust me that is a big deal for me. I'm going to try to do that for 2 more times this week (every other day), then after that, I'm hoping to up it to 4 minutes and so on each week. I didn't even die like I thought I would after the 2 min mark! I also got in 30 minutes of walking.

:hyper: YAY!!!!!

Sorry I didn't get to everyone's journals today. Its been rather busy today with that stupid virus going around. Someone at work opened up the attachment and it mass emailed itself to everyone. Sooo, needless to say other than the one infected person we still had to run virus scans on EVERYONE's pc today plus removing it from the perpetrator's. Hopefully tomorrow will be much slower at work and I can get some quality goofing off time in! :)

Good Morning Desiree!
Just wanted to stop by and say hello and thank you for stopping by and encouraging me! It sounds like you and I have similar issues with exercise, namely we love it once we do it, but maybe we over do it. Then when we miss, we feel guilty. Well, you know what, we really do need to take rest days. It is better for your body, and your fitness to give your body time to recover. I was talking to one of the fitness people at the Y and told her how I seem to have stalled and she said I see you in here too much! Anyway, I have promised myself to take at least one day off, and have some light workout days, at her recommendation. We'll see.
You take care!

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

Tracy, yea.. Chris and I were talking last night while we were doing our walk and I mentioned to him about taking a day off. He agreed and said, well Wednesday was our day then for this week.

That is true though, once I'm motivated, I dont want to not go!

We have to squeeze in some cardio tonight too since we are going to see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind tonight!

Tomorrow we've got some makeup work to do. We haven't done Strength workouts since Tuesday. I'm hoping to get 12 reps in this time.

So far so good today. I'm working on my water as we speak and I took my vitamins.

OH forgot to mention, I have two new clippies! I turned over my exercise one since I've been doing it since the 3rd of this month and my bear is new! YAY!

Hi Desiree,

Those bears look great on you. I have to agree with Tracy. Your body does need occasional rest. I am always afraid that i will lose my momentum, but I always work really hard on the day after my rest day. Take care of yourself this weekend.
:sunny:
Beth

:wave: Hi Desiree,
Love the new clippies :) . You are doing so well with your exercise and healthy eating. Keep up the great work :Pinkbounc :bounce: ! Hope you have a nice day :sunny: !

Hi Desiree! :wave:

Sounds like you are doing great! Congratulations on the clippies and keep up the great work. :D :D

Hi Desiree!
Those clippies look absolutely marvelous! ::yes:: Keep up the good work!:jumping1:

Have a great weekend!

Tracy:wave2:

Hi Desiree!

I want to add my voice to the chorus. Those are wonderful clippies you have there! Keep up the great work and congratulations on the jogging. You are doing so well and we're all proud of you! :)

Busy weekend so far! Yesterday, I wasn't able to get any exercising in. But I made up for it today.

Here's the lowdown from yesterday and today so far:
Friday:
B-Nutrigrain
L- Subway
D- A pickle at the movie theater :(

Today:
B- 2 Hard boiled eggs
S-Power Punch smoothie. Yum!!!
L- 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I know, 2=bad! Didn't eat lunch until around 3.
D- unsure so far. Will update once we figure that out!

Today, I took Dev swimming and we did that for about 30 minutes. I got only about 5 laps in then goofed off with her. I walked 40 minutes and jogged 2.

We picked up a scale while running errands this morning and it says 185 so another pound gone!!! YAY! Not bad since I weighed on Tuesday I think, and it was 186. Chris also picked up a heart rate monitor and watch and I finally got a pedometer! Since I turned it on around 3 pm and since going to the gym, it says I did 5069 steps. It's a pretty cool toy. It was only 20 bucks, which makes it even better!

Doesn't look like I'll get to journals today. I'm hoping tomorrow maybe. I'm going to go take a nice hot bath and relax. It's been a busy day. I cleaned house this morning, then we went and got Chris's car inspected, from there went to Wal-Mart and then Sam's. Then swimming, then gym!

I think I shall reward myself with a Mike's Hard Lemonade light! Only 84 calories! :teeth:

192/185/135

Oh, forgot to add that I haven't done to well with the H2O the last two days. I did drink a liter at the theater last night but maybe had a total of about 50-55 oz all day long yesterday. Today, I'm only at 48 oz. I'll try to do better tomorrow!

Hi Desiree:wave2: Sounds to me like enough water to :boat: . I wish I was that good. I only drink half of what I am supposed to and that is in the form of foofoo water, decaf coffee, tea and soda. I wish I could keep up with you.

Desiree, that's one of my weak points too. I feel like I get water logged. But we must drink our water! Congratulations on losing another pound, you're doing great!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter