deluxe ap question....

jojomojo

Mouseketeer
If a special day we'd like to spend in the parks happens to fall on a blockout day, are there any options to get in just that one day? (other than upgrading to a premium)

You can buy a blockout ticket for that day. The ticket is $59 as of right now, but since ticket price increases were just announced, it is possible that price could go up.

FWIW, if you have not yet bought the AP you can buy a regular park ticket, use it on the blockout day, and then convert it to an AP.

This works best if the blockout day is near the start of your trip because you can't get the AP discounts until you have done the AP conversion.

If you think this might be an issue for you, I would recommend buying a voucher for a Premium pass today. That will run you $499, if you buy a Deluxe starting tomorrow or later, it will run you $469, so adding a $70 blackout ticket on top of that would mean you are paying more.

If you buy a voucher, you have 1 year to redeem it, so it would make sense to do so. I wish I had the money to buy one right now, as I would do that and renew my pass next year with the voucher. Oh well, at least we renewed prior to the price increase by going this past Wednesday.

I knew I read about blockout tickets somehwere, just couldn't find it (or remember what it was called).

I planned on buying deluxe aps today, definitely want to get that done before the increase.

I was looking at the calendar for next year and my sons bday happens to fall on a Saturday. This is our first time getting APs so I thought it would be nice to do a quick trip for birthdays. We live 750 miles away, so its not like we can just bip over any time to make the premium worth the extra $120. I think we'll only get about 3 (off season) trips out of these APs as it is. So....if we are there on his birthday, its good to know there's an option. And its the only blockout day I want to be there (we avoid the blocked dates for the same reason they're blocked - too crowded! :)). So even at $70, its still the better deal for us (especially since I'm not sure we can make a trip that day anyway).

Thanks everyone!

I knew I read about blockout tickets somehwere, just couldn't find it (or remember what it was called).

I planned on buying deluxe aps today, definitely want to get that done before the increase.

I was looking at the calendar for next year and my sons bday happens to fall on a Saturday. This is our first time getting APs so I thought it would be nice to do a quick trip for birthdays. We live 750 miles away, so its not like we can just bip over any time to make the premium worth the extra $120. I think we'll only get about 3 (off season) trips out of these APs as it is. So....if we are there on his birthday, its good to know there's an option. And its the only blockout day I want to be there (we avoid the blocked dates for the same reason they're blocked - too crowded! :)). So even at $70, its still the better deal for us (especially since I'm not sure we can make a trip that day anyway).

Thanks everyone!
Just so, you know, if you have to add parking, it is currently something like $70 extra, I imagine this will increase tomorrow too. My guess is one day parking will increase to $20 as of tomorrow as well, just a heads up. This would mean $140 extra, which means the Premium would be worth it. Also, don't forget that the Premium passes get 15% off of food (instead of 10%) and an additional 10% off merchandise (which currently means a 20% discount, but if the other passes loose their discount, it drops back to 10%, but still remains better than the other passes).

Incidentally, Blackout dates are currently some of the least crowded days and with the new prices, I would expect this to be even more so this way. What it boils down to is you don't have as many passholders there on those days, but the number of tourists remain relatively constant throughout all days now, especially with more and more schools having online schooling and such.

Kist a few things to keep in mind when considering the cost.

I don't think we'll ever need parking. If we visit, we'll be staying at a hotel within walking distance. And I'm pretty cheap, not sure I'd spend enough just to make the discount worth it lol

Also, it would be an additional $600 today for premium. That one Saturday, it would be $350 (on the off chance we are there that day). What I'll probably end up doing is planning one birthday trip for my 3 spring kiddoes on a random spring week with good hotel rates :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter