Deli to replace Boardwalk Bakery later this summer

Does anyone know of there will be any closure time between the closing of Boardwalk Bakery and opening of Boardwalk Deli? We are going in early September and hoping one or the other will be open. I'm hoping it will just be a seamless menu and sign change without any down time..

I will be severely disappointed if the new Deli doesn't keep the Doodle Muffin and Coffee Cake on their menu, they are two of my favorite things on property. They can scrap anything else IMO, just leave my Doodle Muffin alone! I have some hope since it mentioned they'd have some bakery items. I was afraid they were going to leave all of the baked goods options to the new Cake Bake Shop, and I don't need $20 cake slices.

Does anyone know of there will be any closure time between the closing of Boardwalk Bakery and opening of Boardwalk Deli? We are going in early September and hoping one or the other will be open. I'm hoping it will just be a seamless menu and sign change without any down time..
According to an online article, it states:

“In preparation for BoardWalk Deli’s opening later this summer, the bakery will be unavailable beginning in late July.”

Another online article also states:

BoardWalk Deli – Coming Late Summer

Based on the two, I’d assume there will be some downtime, but not sure exactly how long. Depends on what Disney defines as ‘late summer!’

I will be severely disappointed if the new Deli doesn't keep the Doodle Muffin and Coffee Cake on their menu, they are two of my favorite things on property. They can scrap anything else IMO, just leave my Doodle Muffin alone! I have some hope since it mentioned they'd have some bakery items. I was afraid they were going to leave all of the baked goods options to the new Cake Bake Shop, and I don't need $20 cake slices.
The deli will be nice but I have ZERO interest in the Cake Bake Shop. I am stunned there are still no plans for an actual QS on the boardwalk.

If it is closed, don't forget that you can buy some food items in the gift shop on the BoardWalk. We tend to look at the Boardwalk DVC grocery order form to get an idea of the food items you can buy in the gift shop:
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...s/dvc-resorts/BWK_Grocery_Order_Form_2021.pdf

Pre-COVID, the gift shop also had a bakery case with things like cupcakes and cookies.

You also can buy some food items at the kiosks on the BoardWalk, if they are open. We liked the BoardWalk To Go kiosk.
https://allears.net/dining/menu/boardwalk-to-go/all-day/

I'm hoping the add some breakfast items. I'll be at BWI last week in Aug. which I'm thinking qualifies as late summer. I'm not a fan of sweet breakfast but also don't like a big sit down meal. I guess push comes to shove I can mobile order from Ale and Compass or walk over to Picabu at Dolphin. A breakfast sandwich is usually good for me but I've been known to also get a kid's bounty platter.

We just learned of the magnificence that is the Doodle Muffin!! It was our first stay at Boardwalk and we randomly decided to order one the first day and the man behind us ordered six so we knew it would be amazing. Pretty sure we ordered almost a dozen throughout the trip!

I'm at Boardwalk next week. Hope they offer some option for the refillable mug that doesn't require treking over to BC/YC. I'll be glad to see more options that the Deli will hopefully offer but I hope the Bakery isn't going to be closed the whole time I'm there. Do they offer refills for the mugs at the Pool Snack Bar?

I'm at Boardwalk next week. Hope they offer some option for the refillable mug that doesn't require treking over to BC/YC. I'll be glad to see more options that the Deli will hopefully offer but I hope the Bakery isn't going to be closed the whole time I'm there. Do they offer refills for the mugs at the Pool Snack Bar?
I can't speak fro personal experience but someone just posted on the Boardwalk thread that you can refill your mug at the Bellevue Lounge inside the BoardWalk, and at the pool bar.

Ok. In mourning here for the Boardwalk Bakery. I fell IN LOVE with the almond croissant a year ago on our trip---I had one nearly every day, lol. Can anyone say if that croissant will pop up somewhere else? We are staying at the Beach Club Villas, and I'm hoping maybe the Beach Club Marketplace will have something similar.....

I just figured out that we're going to be without a bakery on the Boardwalk for almost a year. Boardwalk Bakery will no longer be a bakery, before the summer's out. But the new Cake Bake Shop isn't supposed to open until some time in 2023, as I understand it. So where can we get our bakery sweets for almost a year?

I just figured out that we're going to be without a bakery on the Boardwalk for almost a year. Boardwalk Bakery will no longer be a bakery, before the summer's out. But the new Cake Bake Shop isn't supposed to open until some time in 2023, as I understand it. So where can we get our bakery sweets for almost a year?
According to the article I referenced above, it mentions the Deli will have bakery items, as well.

“As part of this, exciting changes are underway to transform the BoardWalk Bakery into BoardWalk Deli, a Northeastern-style deli with a brand-new menu that will include fresh deli sandwiches, fresh baked breads, and a selection of bakery items.”

Pre-COVID, even when the BoardWalk Bakery was open, I always checked out the bakery case in the gift shop on the BoardWalk. They sometimes had items which were more tempting than the Bakery. The YC and BC quick service places also had grab-and-go baked goods. Sorry I haven't been there since the Pandemic started, so I can't give an updated report.

I can't speak fro personal experience but someone just posted on the Boardwalk thread that you can refill your mug at the Bellevue Lounge inside the BoardWalk, and at the pool bar.
Yes, based on personal experience. The Bellevue Lounge hours and the pool bar hours have relatively little overlap, so it’s usually one or the other for us, Bellevue in the morning pre-park and pool bar in the afternoon post-park before dinner.

We just learned of the magnificence that is the Doodle Muffin!! It was our first stay at Boardwalk and we randomly decided to order one the first day and the man behind us ordered six so we knew it would be amazing. Pretty sure we ordered almost a dozen throughout the trip!

I'm hoping they don't close the place down for renovations before next weekend when I'm there, because I'm planning on getting as many Doodle Muffins as I can to take home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter