Deli to replace Boardwalk Bakery later this summer

Is anyone else worried that these will just be like the premade sandwiches that sit in the coolers at the QS's around the Crescent lake loop? They are horrible and I was really hoping for a made to order sandwich shop.

The blog post yesterday about the new menu mentioned how all of the bread is made fresh in house, so I don't think we have to worry about the sandwiches being premade.

The blog post yesterday about the new menu mentioned how all of the bread is made fresh in house, so I don't think we have to worry about the sandwiches being premade.

They can make the bread and preassemble sandwiches and put them in a cooler. IDK, I want to be hopeful as Disney is in major need of a good sandwich shop, but hte menu wasn't impressive to me and seemed similar to sandwiches they already offer at some of the QS's that aren't great.

I hope I am wrong because we would love this option to be good as we stay yearly at Beach Club and would walk over at least one if it was.

They can make the bread and preassemble sandwiches and put them in a cooler. IDK, I want to be hopeful as Disney is in major need of a good sandwich shop, but hte menu wasn't impressive to me and seemed similar to sandwiches they already offer at some of the QS's that aren't great.

I hope I am wrong because we would love this option to be good as we stay yearly at Beach Club and would walk over at least one if it was.

Fuel, next door to BC over at Dolphin might really be worth a try for you. I wouldn't classify it as a "sandwich shop" but that's how I think of it. They have a short list of sandwiches, including a few hot subs that might well be worth the quick stroll from BC.

Fuel, next door to BC over at Dolphin might really be worth a try for you. I wouldn't classify it as a "sandwich shop" but that's how I think of it. They have a short list of sandwiches, including a few hot subs that might well be worth the quick stroll from BC.
Great tip. We also say we are going to check out Swan & Dolphin food options but never do. I am adding it to my list for our next trip.

I hope they do the sandwiches the right way. Went to Land last year -has been a long time since the last time for the same reason- Ordered a pulled pork sandwich the person slapped 2 pieces of bread opened a draw pulled out a premade square of pulled pork wrapped it and said get a bag of chips by the register. Between the 8 people we had many different things from the chicken to the stir fry and it was all not so good. I would dream of the pulled pork sandwich they had before they changed the menu maybe 15 years ago -- ya know when most of what they served was grown and made fresh at the Land.
So yes I hope being the Pizza window which is not Disney owned is good but if this is a Disney owned shop......

Having grown up in New Orleans, I read these discussions about deli sandwiches and think of my opinion of the POFQ beignets. Probably the same opinion that New Englanders had of the lobster rolls the Boardwalk Bakery used to sell. Have to temper expectations!

Let's hope it's a work in progress or I'm going to have to make my way over to Dolphin or YC for breakfast. I'm o.k. with a bagel but I don't want onions for breakfast and I don't like sausage on my breakfast sandwich and I'm not a fan of sweets for breakfast. I know I can get a decent (if pricy) breakfast sandwich at Fuel at the Dolphin or a kid's breakfast at either YC or BC so an early morning walk is good for me any way.

Anyone else underwhelmed? My local Wawa has a more appealing menu.
I'm glad someone else said it. I was just thinking that the menu was rather brief. I was hoping for a few more sandwiches than just that, if it's supposed to be a Deli.

I'm glad someone else said it. I was just thinking that the menu was rather brief. I was hoping for a few more sandwiches than just that, if it's supposed to be a Deli.

Exactly! Why not just have a made to order sandwich bar. The menu is slim and I bet they will premake these and have them sitting in a case as people order them.

Disney needs to add a few more selections to the menu. When I think of a deli menu, I expect turkey, roast beef, and ham with choices of adding slices of tomato, lettuce, onions, and cheese, etc. Plus, why did they eliminate the ham and Swiss cheese on marble rye and the roast beef sandwich. It would have been so easy to incorporate these two previous sandwich menu items to the new deli - for a few more options, especially for children. While they have a grilled cheese sandwich, many kids would be fine with a basic ham and cheese, too.

Anyone remember, when they had a cold salmon sandwich on wheat? It was great.

In general, I agree that the Boardwalk needed more lunch/quick options for guests, but this seems like a change that does not accomplish that goal.

Why do I have to walk over to the Beach and Yacht club/Swan-Dolphin to get a burger and fries or something hot that is not pizza or a hot dog for lunch?

Also, bring back the butter-butter sandwich for breakfast - some breakfast sandwich not on a bagel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter