Debt Dumpers 2022

January update

Financial Goal 2022
- Mortgage: Making our 1st extra payment on the 3rd.

- 2022 Vacations: We will pay this off with my bonus in March.

- Cash roll home decorations: I've been putting a little money in the kitty every paycheck so I can use it to pay for decorations. It's around $800.

- Kitchen Cabinets - Purchase beyond paint. I still need to do this.

- Build 6 month bill money in savings account. Half way there. This is building every month with direct deposit.

- Increase 401K to 15%. I was at 10%. COMPLETE

Personal Goal 2022

- Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver: I started the Liver Cleanse 3 weeks ago. 5 weeks to go.

- Lose Weight and develop better eating habits. Lost 7 lbs. 33 lbs. to go.

- Stay active in my Bible Study group: I'm doing pretty good.

- Make use of the Elliptical machine: I still haven't used it. Hoping to at least use it 15 minutes a couple of times a week.

- My word for the year MINDFUL: so far a success.

Still plugging along. Have decided to file our taxes together instead of separate. Usually, we file separately due to student loans, however; my loan servicer said I don't have to redo my income until February 2023 so I think we can file together this year and then go back to separate next year.

The daughter is flying home over Easter so making a budget for when she is here. We are going to FL in June to see my nephew. That is all paid except for spending money which we have a plan for.

So far I think we are doing pretty good this year. Hopefully, it continues.

PSA here-

if you've not looked at your homeowner's insurance coverage limits over the past year, take the time and do so. we know folks who have had claims over the past year and heard about how they thought they were covered above and beyond only to find that b/c of the skyrocketing cost of materials they were grossly under insured. well, it has really hit home for us in recent weeks as we've been pricing out doing some reno work to our home. the material costs alone are SO MUCH HIGHER than a few years ago (if you can even find them) it is staggering. we upped our coverage a few months ago and the peace of mind is well worth the handful of dollars per month our premium increased (also, consider doing a photo if not written inventory of your contents-tragedy strikes your house and trying to remember every item that is gone to list it for a claim just compounds it).

PSA here-

if you've not looked at your homeowner's insurance coverage limits over the past year, take the time and do so. we know folks who have had claims over the past year and heard about how they thought they were covered above and beyond only to find that b/c of the skyrocketing cost of materials they were grossly under insured. well, it has really hit home for us in recent weeks as we've been pricing out doing some reno work to our home. the material costs alone are SO MUCH HIGHER than a few years ago (if you can even find them) it is staggering. we upped our coverage a few months ago and the peace of mind is well worth the handful of dollars per month our premium increased (also, consider doing a photo if not written inventory of your contents-tragedy strikes your house and trying to remember every item that is gone to list it for a claim just compounds it).

I recently upped our renter's insurance. I basically doubled the amount it would cover to replace all our personal belongings. Everything has gone up in price.

We also FINALLY talked to a lawyer about setting up a Special Needs trust as well as a living trust, will, power of attorney, advanced health care directives, etc. We have put this off long enough and with our older son nearing 18, we have to make sure these protections are in place now. No more stalling. Total cost for everything we need to do will be $5000. Sigh

Don't forget to file for SS Disability for your son if you haven't already. I think that has to be done before they turn 18.

Don't forget to file for SS Disability for your son if you haven't already. I think that has to be done before they turn 18.

No, it can't be done UNTIL they turn 18. He is not eligible as a minor because our income is too high. Have to wait until he is 18 and has no income of his own to be deemed.

Hubby had his consultation with the periodontist today. Having all his uppers removed is looking at around $3800 out of pocket. I'm not even sure if that included getting the posts and everything put in. He said insurance was only covering $2500 of the $6300, which seems very wrong. If I read it correctly, insurance should be covering 50%. I'm going to review the insurance information again when I get to work this weekend.

We did pretty well in January. Today I popped into the store and picked up basically everything we'll need for the rest of month, minus maybe needing milk, fruit/veggies, bread and formula in 2 weeks. We'll be tight on extra funds this check, but next check we only have a few things to pay, so it evens out.

Hubby had his consultation with the periodontist today. Having all his uppers removed is looking at around $3800 out of pocket. I'm not even sure if that included getting the posts and everything put in. He said insurance was only covering $2500 of the $6300, which seems very wrong. If I read it correctly, insurance should be covering 50%. I'm going to review the insurance information again when I get to work this weekend.

We did pretty well in January. Today I popped into the store and picked up basically everything we'll need for the rest of month, minus maybe needing milk, fruit/veggies, bread and formula in 2 weeks. We'll be tight on extra funds this check, but next check we only have a few things to pay, so it evens out.
Our dental insurance has an annual max per person. Maybe yours does too?

Hi! So glad I found y'all!

Since December of 2021 when I decided I was DONE DONE DONE being in debt, we have paid off 8 accounts.

With our tax return, one of our vehicles will be paid off completely.

I'm here for encouragement!

That's amazing, congratulations!!! :yay: That's a lot to take care of, especially in such a short amount of time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter