Debby Doesn’t Get Us Down On Our Mother/Daughter Trip!- June 2012 TR- Link to the TR!

Great updates, Em!!! :cheer2:

I love that picture of you typing and the boys trying to get out of the way! Hahahah! That theming is so cool!

Thanks! I know! :lmao: It's so funny!!

Love the pictures! Keep'em coming!

Boy, looking at the oversized Walkman brought back memories, and made me feel old considering how much of ancient relic it has become. I still remember my first Walkman. :lmao:

Thank you! Oh, trust me- they're coming!!! :lmao:

I know right?! I only had one Walkman since I was on the later end of the 90s, but my goodness it brings back memories!

YAY PICTURES!!!!

I can't wait until Art of Animation is completely open! LITTLE MERMAID.

You know, I don't think that I've EVER seen any photos of that big computer before. How awesome is that! Love the news story the giant person was reading. :lmao:

I can't either!!!! I saw a walk through video of the Lion King section...OMG it's so cool!!!! I need to go back just to check it out! ;)

Me neither! Most Pop photos are of the 60s, so that's why I really wanted to get over there! I also wanted to see the 50s, but sadly we didn't get over there! :sad2:

I'm not sure if you've mentioned this already or not Emma, but I was just wandering what kind of camera you use. Your pictures are GORGEOUS! and I definitely agree that your zoom is amazing:goodvibes

I love how you guys took the time to really explore the resorts, That's always one of my favorite parts of being at WDW.

Lol at the floppies comment...how they seem so ancient now.

I love the grounds of Pop and seeing your pictures has me extra excited to be there again in a month.

I'm loving your TR so far and can't wait to read more

I got a Canon SX40 HS 12.1MP for a Christmas present this past year, and I absolutely LOVE it!!! Thank you so much! I am no photographer, but this camera makes it so easy to pretend! :lmao:

I really wanted to see all the details in the resorts because once our vacation gets going, it's always rush rush and hardly ever have time to just explore!

:rotfl2: Thanks! Wow, I totally remember using them in elementary and middle school, but I've completely forgot about them until I saw the gigantic stack! :rotfl2: They do seem ancient, huh??

Good! I'm glad! That's so exciting! A month will be here before you know it!! :cool1:
I'm loving you TR so far!

So many good pictures of AOA and POP.

I think I love your zoom as well!!

Looking forward to the rest of the trip:goodvibes

Thanks!

My zoom is incredible! :rotfl: It's so cool to see the details up close!

Love the updates! Your pictures are all fantastic!

I can't get over the horrible looking sky though. But, at least y'all didn't let it stop y'all from getting out there & having fun! :thumbsup2 I love all the fun pictures of you & your mom.

Thank you!

I know! It was such a bummer! :sad2: There was no way we were going to let a little rain interfere! ;) (This will be a common theme throughout the entire trip!!! :rotfl:) LOL! Thank you! We tend to get silly together! :goodvibes

Art of Animation looks so cool! I can't wait to check it out sometime.

I hope Debby wasn't too bad...

It really is! I can't wait to see Lion King and Little Mermaid sections!!

Debby tried to get under our skin, but we wouldn't let her! ;)

Jumping on board! Your pictures have me dying for a night at AoA, so absolutely adorable and I am drooling over your mom's burger. I love all the shots of you poising at POP, that would make a pretty fun montage! I agree, really great pictures, your excitement seems to come right through that camera lens, I love it!

Yeah, you all think disquettes are old, when I first started working in an office I had to use a computer that used PUNCH CARDS to read information - no joke! And I'm not that old; this was in 1986!

Jumping on board! Your pictures have me dying for a night at AoA, so absolutely adorable and I am drooling over your mom's burger. I love all the shots of you poising at POP, that would make a pretty fun montage! I agree, really great pictures, your excitement seems to come right through that camera lens, I love it!

Yay! Welcome!

Oh, I would love to stay at AoA one day! But definitely take a trip to the food court if you have an open mealtime- it's worth it!! :goodvibes

Thank you! :laughing: We get silly together! It was our first day in WDW, and I think it was starting to sink in that we were actually THERE!! :goodvibes

Joining in! Yay, I love mother/daughter trips! I'm going with one of my best friends in October, and I'm definitely gonna miss having my mom there!

I love Pop Century so much! I can't really choose a favorite section, but I do love the 60's - right in the middle of the action. I LOVE all your pics!! Ahh, now I miss it there so much. It was the first Disney Resort I ever stayed at, so it'll always be #1 in my heart.

AOA looks so amazing! I can't wait to go there. I've heard such rave reviews so far. How long did it take you to walk over from Pop?

Joining in! Yay, I love mother/daughter trips! I'm going with one of my best friends in October, and I'm definitely gonna miss having my mom there!

I love Pop Century so much! I can't really choose a favorite section, but I do love the 60's - right in the middle of the action. I LOVE all your pics!! Ahh, now I miss it there so much. It was the first Disney Resort I ever stayed at, so it'll always be #1 in my heart.

AOA looks so amazing! I can't wait to go there. I've heard such rave reviews so far. How long did it take you to walk over from Pop?

Yay! Welcome! I love them too! It'll be a great experience with your friend, but I agree, moms are the best!! ;) :goodvibes

I really enjoyed Pop! That was our first stay, and we really liked it! My first stay ever when I was 3 was at French Quarter (which is ironic since that's where the majority of our stay on this trip was) and that will always be my favorite.

You should really check it out! It's AMAZING!!!! From our building it only took about five minutes, but we were really close to the bridge. It was great!

Life Update

Hi everyone! I have not fallen off the face of the Earth. I promise! I have been super busy with back to school things, and getting stuff together for my new apartment! I'm really excited about it, and we move in on Tuesday!! It's absolutely beautiful- right on the lake about 5 miles from my school! :thumbsup2 It's perfect. I'll post some pictures of our lovely view when I can. I really hope our wifi is up and ready to go when we get there!!!! School starts on the 4th, so hopefully I'll be able to an update again before things get too crazy, but don't count on that! :laughing: I just wanted to let you know what's happening right now and apologize for being away.

Thank you all for reading, and I promise there will be another update soon! We haven't even gotten into the good stuff yet! ;)

Hope your move into your new apartment goes well. It sounds lovely! And good luck with starting back at school! :goodvibes

Good luck getting back into the swing of things! I'd love to see pictures of your view, I bet it's beautiful!

Emma's all moved in as of yesterday! I went down with a Jeepload after school and I was reminded again that those kids are amazingly lucky to have that apartment! I remember my first apartment and boy it was NOTHING like that! Hahahah! Seriously, they are bang on the lake - steps from their dock with kayaks, a paddle boat and a rowboat at their disposal. I told her she should get to exploring that lake so that she can hopefully catch a glimpse of Steven Tyler! :)

Anyway, they survived their first night of independence, so I guess I'm officially an empty nester!

She doesn't have internet yet - so it might be a bit quiet here until she does. If it gets too long, I'll pick up the slack! We have TONS more to report and LOTS more beautiful pics, so stay tuned! :goodvibes

So glad to hear that Emma got all moved in! Sounds like a wonderful apartment. I definitely didn't have an apartment like that in college either. :lmao:

Pop looks huge!!! Does it seem like it takes forever to walk from side to the other? We've never visited there, so I'm clueless. What did yall think about the pools in comparision to mods & deluxes? We spend lots of time at the pools....one of our kids' highlights. There's no slide, right?

And congrats on your new place to live!!!:thumbsup2 That's exciting!! Ya can't beat a lake view!! And don't worry about your TR...we'll all be waiting...not going anywhere. Looking forward to more pics!!!

Heather

Hope your move into your new apartment goes well. It sounds lovely! And good luck with starting back at school! :goodvibes

So far, so good! It's amazing! Thanks so much!! I can't wait to update again!!!

Congrats on the apartment! Exciting :)

Thank you! It is awesome!! :thumbsup2

Good luck getting back into the swing of things! I'd love to see pictures of your view, I bet it's beautiful!

I'll get them up in my next post I promise! I'm so excited to post!!! LOL! I miss my Dis people!!!

Pop looks huge!!! Does it seem like it takes forever to walk from side to the other? We've never visited there, so I'm clueless. What did yall think about the pools in comparision to mods & deluxes? We spend lots of time at the pools....one of our kids' highlights. There's no slide, right?

And congrats on your new place to live!!!:thumbsup2 That's exciting!! Ya can't beat a lake view!! And don't worry about your TR...we'll all be waiting...not going anywhere. Looking forward to more pics!!!

Heather

It's pretty big! There's no slide, but there are several of them in different themes, so I think it makes up for it in coolness! I personally like the mod and deluxe pools better, but then again, I usually spend my time at the quiet pool anyway! :goodvibes I'm sure that'll change when I bring my future children to Disney!! LOL!

Thank you! It really is amazing! I feel so bad about not updating in SOOOO LONG, but I'm on campus tonight with wifi and no homework to do! :thumbsup2

I hope everything slows down for you soon, Emma! I hope you're loving your new apartment. :goodvibes

Thank you! I'm hoping to get an update in tonight, so be on the lookout!! :goodvibes

Hi everyone!! Let me just say that I am so so so so so so sorry for my hiatus! I am so frustrated with our landlords because for some reason, we do not have internet access! I am at school tonight, and have no homework to do for tomorrow, so I decided that I will try as hard as I can to catch up on other TRs and continue my own! Once we get Comcast to fix our internet problems, there will be much more frequent updates! I promise!!

So, in the meantime of stressing about school and having no way to post or surf the Dis, I have been enjoying my apartment! As my mom has mentioned, it is right on the lake, and my boyfriend and I go kayaking almost every day if we have time. It’s such a beautiful place, so I thought I’d show it to you!

Here is the house. We are living in the basement, and another couple has the whole upstairs which is three stories.

IMG_1743.jpg

We have to walk down this looooong ramp to get to our front door!

IMG_1745.jpg

Our front door!

IMG_1754.jpg

And our beautiful dock!

IMG_1755.jpg

A quick photo tour of our apartment- pre move in!

To the left,

IMG_1756.jpg

Moving right,

IMG_1757.jpg

Straight ahead,

IMG_1758.jpg

Moving right,

IMG_1759.jpg

And more right.

IMG_1760.jpg

We have these awesome kayaks to use whenever we want to! It’s so much fun! My favorite is the yellow one.

IMG_1780.jpg

Our first meal in the house? Pancakes of course!

IMG_1783.jpg

I also took some pictures while kayaking because, of course, I HAVE to take pictures EVERYWHERE!!! We are located in a branch off of the Lake Sunapee, but we have pretty easy access to the main lake. There are such beautiful houses out there! It’s actually draw dropping sometimes!!

Heading out to the bigger section:

100_3085.jpg

Beautiful views!

100_3097.jpg

100_3098.jpg

100_3099.jpg

100_3109.jpg

100_3110.jpg

Someday, I’ll make it to that lighthouse!!

100_3111.jpg

100_3113.jpg

Ok, enough with the water and mountains! LOL! Oh, but no big deal we saw a CASTLE!

100_3118.jpg

AND ANOTHER!

100_3108.jpg

I felt a bit weird taking pictures of their houses, but my goodness, if that was my house, I’d be like GO FOR IT!!! LOL! I’d love to show it off!

So anyway, that’s been my life outside of SCHOOL WORK and not being able to access the Dis! Which really has killed me! Up next is another update!! Woop Woop!!

Shadow Boxes Galore
June 20, 2012​

After we got back to the room, we got ready to go out for dinner and do some more exploring! Well, we noticed that the light in the bathroom blew! Ugh, we hoped it wasn’t a sign of poor luck, but we stayed positive and called the front desk to have someone come fix it. In the meantime, it was fun using the bathroom in the dark! LOL! Since we were itching to go do stuff- I mean it’s the first day in DINSEY- we decided to go have dinner even though it was only about 4:00pm.

We made it over to Everything Pop, and looked around at the shadow boxes in the lobby first. Now, I didn’t take pictures of ALL of them because that would be insane! But I did take quite a few! Some are better quality than others, so I’m just going to post my favorites! These are starting with the most recent and working backward in time.

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

My favorite!! <3

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

Continued-

Shadow Boxes Galore part 2
June 20, 2012

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

I guess I had a lot of favorites…LOL!!

While we were traveling back in time, we noticed a sign advertising the Hustle! A CM noticed us looking at it, and tried to persuade us to come back in a couple hours to do it! LOL! Needless to say we didn’t, but I sure would’ve liked to watch!

IMG_1066.jpg

The lobby after we got ALLLL the way back in time to the 1950s!

IMG_1090.jpg

This skylight is in the same place as the really cool light at AoA. Just to give you a frame of reference if you’ve ever been to Pop.

IMG_1093.jpg

I love this thing!

IMG_1096.jpg

On our way to the food court, we passed through the gift shop.

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter