Debby Doesn’t Get Us Down On Our Mother/Daughter Trip!- June 2012 TR- Link to the TR!

More Art of Animation Exploration
June 20, 2012

When I last left off, it was starting to rain. We had just watched the filming of a commercial advertizing the new Cars section at AoA, and we wondered how they were going to get the equipment to a dry place! We knew where we were going, though! Back we went into Animation Hall.

IMG_0895.jpg

Here is when I took more pictures of the lobby. We entered through the same door as before (off the pool area). When you walk in, immediately to the right is a beautiful mural of a bunch of movie art. They weren’t exactly from the cartoons because they were stylized. I didn’t get the entire wall on photo, but I did get some!

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

The area where you check in is very colorful, and has such cool details.

IMG_0901.jpg

You can see the desk on the right side of the picture which has all of those lights of the colors of the rainbow behind it. On the left is a mural that is supposed to be shown as the process of creating an animated film. When you check in, you see the concept art in black and white sketches and it slowly becomes more recognizable as our favorite and colorful animated characters. We went backwards through the lobby, but I’m going to post the pictures in the order you would see them in if you were checking in.

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

This is the view of the check in desk from the front entrance.

IMG_0911.jpg

We wanted to check out the gift shop because we knew they were selling resort specific merchandise. I wish that I had taken more pictures in the store, but for some reason I didn’t.

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

I really had to go to the bathroom after this, and WOW was it pink! LOL! I want this in my bathroom:

IMG_0916.jpg

The rain had slowed, so we decided to head back to Pop because we also wanted to check out that resort too since we’ve never stayed there. On the way out, I ventured over to the construction walls blocking off the entrance to the Lion King section. You can see Pride Rock from a distance.

IMG_0917.jpg

Here’s a close up of Simba:

IMG_0920.jpg

Rafiki!!

IMG_0921.jpg

More theming:

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

Cool!! I can’t wait to see that section! Lion King is my DBF’s favorite Disney movie, and he was excited when he saw the pictures! He’s never been to WDW, so hopefully I can take him soon because I think he’ll love it! We would have to make a special trip over to AoA to see this once it’s open.

The lobby section with the check-in counter looks great - looks more like a Vegas hotel :lmao:

Great pictures of the decor. My DD6 was looking at the pics with me and she told me to stop scrolling when we reached the Ink and Paint Shop photos, and says "Ahhh. Let me just look at that pretty picture for awhile."

Loving all of the pictures!

That check-in desk is BRIGHT! WoW! I mean, it's pretty. But, I might get a headache if I worked around those lights all day.

I do love all the art work, from the sketches to the stylized pictures, in the lobby. Those are all fantastic!

The gift shop looks really cute! And that bathroom! Love the pink tiles on the walls.

The Lion King section looks like it's going to be great!

I'm interested to see what y'all think of POP. We'll probably do 1 or 2 nights of Disney either before or after our cruise. If we do a value hotel, I'm thinking we would choose POP.

The Lion King section opens like, next week or something! I can't wait until the resort is fully open, it's gonna be amazing when it's all complete!

The lobby section with the check-in counter looks great - looks more like a Vegas hotel :lmao:

Great pictures of the decor. My DD6 was looking at the pics with me and she told me to stop scrolling when we reached the Ink and Paint Shop photos, and says "Ahhh. Let me just look at that pretty picture for awhile."

It does! :lmao: Very funny!

Awww, that is adorable!! It's a great shop, and I don't know why I didn't take more pictures in there.

Loving all of the pictures!

That check-in desk is BRIGHT! WoW! I mean, it's pretty. But, I might get a headache if I worked around those lights all day.

I do love all the art work, from the sketches to the stylized pictures, in the lobby. Those are all fantastic!

The gift shop looks really cute! And that bathroom! Love the pink tiles on the walls.

The Lion King section looks like it's going to be great!

I'm interested to see what y'all think of POP. We'll probably do 1 or 2 nights of Disney either before or after our cruise. If we do a value hotel, I'm thinking we would choose POP.

Thank you!

Yes! Very bright! I would definitely get a headache there all day!

I love the lobby! It's so pretty, and I wish I could like stare at every single image! :rotfl2: BUT that would take forever!!

It really is! The pink is a bit much, but it was so pretty!!

I can't wait to see the Lion King section open. I am now kicking myself for not getting closer to the walls to hold my camera over! I was too scared! :guilty::lmao:

Pop is nice, very colorful and larger than life, but cute and happy feeling! Reid would love it! :goodvibes And it's always fun to look down memory lane for a bit!

The Lion King section opens like, next week or something! I can't wait until the resort is fully open, it's gonna be amazing when it's all complete!

Welcome home!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!!!

YAY! I can't wait to see it! I WILL be stalking that thread to see all of the pictures! :rotfl:

Wow Art of Animation looks gorgeous from your pics....I now really want to stay here one day.

The lion king section looks like it is going to be gorgeous, and I'm also super excited to see the Little Mermaid side.

Can't wait to hear more:goodvibes

Love your TR so far! Port Orleans is also a favorite resort of ours but the Art of Animation resort looks really cool! Can't wait to read more! :)

The kids and I are secretly trying to convince DH to do a long weekend at AoA...but he's not taking the bait:rolleyes: They want to go to SeaWorld for the day, so why not try AoA while we're in the area....makes perfect sense to us. Anywho....you're pics have convinced me to give it a try:thumbsup2 Is the check-in area as big as it looks??!

Wow Art of Animation looks gorgeous from your pics....I now really want to stay here one day.

The lion king section looks like it is going to be gorgeous, and I'm also super excited to see the Little Mermaid side.

Can't wait to hear more:goodvibes

Thank you! I would love to stay there too! I hope you do get the chance!

I really can't wait for it all to be open! It calls for another trip to check it out! ;) :laughing:

Love your TR so far! Port Orleans is also a favorite resort of ours but the Art of Animation resort looks really cool! Can't wait to read more! :)

Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying it! POFQ is so amazing!! I can't wait to get there in this TR! But I'm going to take my time since I don't know when I'll be back to WDW! :sad1: I want to savor this as much as possible!

The kids and I are secretly trying to convince DH to do a long weekend at AoA...but he's not taking the bait:rolleyes: They want to go to SeaWorld for the day, so why not try AoA while we're in the area....makes perfect sense to us. Anywho....you're pics have convinced me to give it a try:thumbsup2 Is the check-in area as big as it looks??!

Oh, that would be great! I mean, where else would you stay?? :confused3
:laughing: YES! The check-in area is HUGE! Very much like Pop. It's definitely bigger than both of the Port Orleans resorts. And very colorful, too! :laughing:

Pop Century Expedition
June 20, 2012

As we were leaving, we walked down the other side of the pool to get a different perspective and see more details.

Crush!

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

Fishy kisses!

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

Bruce silhouette on the opposite building.

IMG_0923.jpg

Another pool area shot:

IMG_0924.jpg

Dory close up!

IMG_0929.jpg

The path we were on:

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

Looking across at the Little Mermaid section:

IMG_0932.jpg

I LOVE MY ZOOM!

IMG_0933.jpg

Back across the Generation Gap Bridge we go!

IMG_0934.jpg

Some guy was spraying the pavement. LOL!

IMG_0939.jpg

Here’s the Pop directory:

IMG_0943.jpg

Some shots of our groooovy home for the night!

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

Continued in next post...

Don't miss the post on the previous page!

Continued-

We stayed in the room for a few minutes to decide what our plan was while waiting for my camera battery to charge because it was running low! Our feet were already starting to hurt, so we decided to go to the Hippy Dippy pool to put our feet in the water and decide what to do with our afternoon/evening. We decided to explore Pop, have an early dinner at Everything Pop, then go to some resorts that I have never been to before!

I didn’t bring my camera, but I had my phone on me, so we could take some pictures!

IMG_08762.jpg

IMG_08782.jpg

We saw it getting darker and darker, and all of a sudden, DOWNPOUR! People were running all around trying to get inside! It was hilarious! The people in the pool didn’t budge- I mean, hey, if you’re wet already, who cares about a little rain, right?? Well, we booked it over to Everything Pop to look around in the shop.

IMG_08792.jpg

IMG_08942.jpg

I tried on Duffy Mickey ears! <3

IMG_08812.jpg

We were in there for a good 15-20 minutes before the rain decided to lighten up. We raced back to the room before it could pour again to get my camera and my rain jacket!

Pretty flowers!

IMG_08842.jpg

After we (and the camera battery) were recharged and safely covered in plastic, we headed out on our mission.

First up: the 70s!

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

View of the Cars section from across the river.

IMG_0959.jpg

The name of this TR should have been- I LOVE MY ZOOM!!!!!!!!

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

Ok, back to the 70s!

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

Continued in next post.....

Continued-

Hullo 80s!!

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

Trying to solve the Rubik’s Cube!

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

Orange is my favorite color!

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

She’s so strong!

IMG_1009.jpg

Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head!!

IMG_1011.jpg

I decided that I liked her earrings…

IMG_1012.jpg

But, then I felt bad, so I gave her a hug!

IMG_1014.jpg

Continued in next post...​

Continued-

Childhood time!! The radical 90s!!

Break dancing time!!

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Typing…

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

Oh, floppies! Seems like such a long time ago!

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

I just LOVE this computer!!

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

I wanted to look like I was typing… it’s harder than it looks!

IMG_1040.jpg

Haha, oh awkward passerbys! LOL!

IMG_1039.jpg

I give up!!

IMG_1037.jpg

It started to sprinkle again, so we decided to walk under the awnings of the buildings back to the room.

Great updates, Em!!! :cheer2:

I love that picture of you typing and the boys trying to get out of the way! Hahahah! That theming is so cool!

Love the pictures! Keep'em coming!

Boy, looking at the oversized Walkman brought back memories, and made me feel old considering how much of ancient relic it has become. I still remember my first Walkman. :lmao:

YAY PICTURES!!!!

I can't wait until Art of Animation is completely open! LITTLE MERMAID.

You know, I don't think that I've EVER seen any photos of that big computer before. How awesome is that! Love the news story the giant person was reading. :lmao:

I'm not sure if you've mentioned this already or not Emma, but I was just wandering what kind of camera you use. Your pictures are GORGEOUS! and I definitely agree that your zoom is amazing:goodvibes

I love how you guys took the time to really explore the resorts, That's always one of my favorite parts of being at WDW.

Lol at the floppies comment...how they seem so ancient now.

I love the grounds of Pop and seeing your pictures has me extra excited to be there again in a month.

I'm loving your TR so far and can't wait to read more

I'm loving you TR so far!

So many good pictures of AOA and POP.

I think I love your zoom as well!!

Looking forward to the rest of the trip:goodvibes

Love the updates! Your pictures are all fantastic!

I can't get over the horrible looking sky though. But, at least y'all didn't let it stop y'all from getting out there & having fun! :thumbsup2 I love all the fun pictures of you & your mom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter