• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debby Doesn’t Get Us Down On Our Mother/Daughter Trip!- June 2012 TR- Link to the TR!

I've been more of a lurker than a poster, but loving your TR! The pics are all great, I have never been to Coronado Springs, it looks gorgeous! AoA looks cool too, thinking about that resort for our trip next Christmas.

I was cracking up at your Spongebob reference. We were just in WDW two weeks ago and everytime we said we were doing something, we added "at Diiiiiiisssney," and said just like Spongebob. "Hey look, I'm drinking water....at Diiiiiiisssney." "I'm about to cross the street...at Diiiiissney!" We said it al week and it never got old.

Looking forward to hearing about your next day!

Sounds like a nice night! :thumbsup2

Those treats at Goofy's look soooo yummy!

The night time pictures from the Cars section at AoA are adorable! I really wish we had time to just go look at it during our trip. I think Reid would really enjoy just walking around & looking at everything.

ok now I want to go to Panchitos! Some nice shopping!!!

I agree about Basin. Too candyish. I want pretty smelling soaps...not sweet.

The Cars section is VERY cool at night! Great update.

Those fries (or chips... hahah) look SO GOOD. Oh man. Yum. I'm going to stop now...

The Cars section looks so cute at night! It's just cute in general I guess, hahah. I can't wait to see that whole resort in person!

YAY FOR YOUR SECOND DAY! Hahah that was one long arrival day! :lmao:

Emma - subbing to your TR. It looks like its going to be a great one!

I was off the DIS for a few weeks and I totally missed the start of your TR!!! :scared1:

Sooooo sorry about that! But I'm all caught up now! :thumbsup2 And of course ready for more!

AoA looks so awesome! Part of me regrets not trying to book a room there. There's always next trip! And I'm sure once I see your pictures of POR I'll want to stay there, too!! :lmao:

I LOVE to resort hop! Not that we get to do it very often, but I totally plan to on our upcoming trip!

And that brownie your mom got looks awesome!! :bitelip: I may have to bake some tonight!

Your apartment is incredible! I would kill for a view like that!! Where exactly do you live?

Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

Ok ... I just read thru page 5 but I wanted to jump ahead and sub and comment before I forgot...

I loved your descriptions/photos of Art of Animation and the lunch you had there... It sounds really good and everything is soooo colorful and larger than life... I'd love to see it in person...:goodvibes It looks like something from a really vivid upbeat dream... It's really cool that it's right across from POP like that...

I super love the mom-daughter Dis vacation!!! My DD and I have done several college road trips... she's a senior this year... and we had lots of fun...:drive:

Only problem is if we said we were just going... we'd have some seriously crestfallen boys to deal with...:scratchin Hmmm... we'll work it out one day...

In the meantime... I can live vicariously through your girls trip...:surfweb:

Thank you! I really like that resort too! It's so colorful! You feel like your in a completely different world!

We love it too! It's so much easier when it's the two of us because we can eat and do what we want when we want! ;)

Sigh... I love Resort Hopping...:goodvibes I always wish I had an extra day each trip to do that...

Your apartment is very nice and the views are spectacular...::yes::

Your in New Hampshire right? I've really enjoyed my times in New Hampshire...It's a really pretty state...

Hmmm... so waiting to see which park is your favorite...popcorn::

One of my crazy dreams is to one day spend at least one night in every resort on property in one trip! I know, I know, that's crazy, but I just think that would be so cool!

Thank you! I love it so much! We are very lucky! Yes, I go to school in New Hamphire, but I actually live in Vermont. It is pretty, but I sure am tired of the cold and snow!!!

I've been more of a lurker than a poster, but loving your TR! The pics are all great, I have never been to Coronado Springs, it looks gorgeous! AoA looks cool too, thinking about that resort for our trip next Christmas.

I was cracking up at your Spongebob reference. We were just in WDW two weeks ago and everytime we said we were doing something, we added "at Diiiiiiisssney," and said just like Spongebob. "Hey look, I'm drinking water....at Diiiiiiisssney." "I'm about to cross the street...at Diiiiissney!" We said it al week and it never got old.

Looking forward to hearing about your next day!

Thank you so much! It really is a beautiful resort!

:rotfl2: That's so funny!!! That sounds like something we would do!

Sounds like a nice night! :thumbsup2

Those treats at Goofy's look soooo yummy!

The night time pictures from the Cars section at AoA are adorable! I really wish we had time to just go look at it during our trip. I think Reid would really enjoy just walking around & looking at everything.

It was! :goodvibes

OMG, I know! I wanted everything!!!!!

The Cars section was definitely better at night because of all of the lights, but I really think it is worth a trip! I think Reid would LOVE it!

ok now I want to go to Panchitos! Some nice shopping!!!

I agree about Basin. Too candyish. I want pretty smelling soaps...not sweet.

The Cars section is VERY cool at night! Great update.

We love shopping!! :thumbsup2 Panchitos was so cute!!

YES, the bath bombs are nice, but some of the scrubs and soaps are just too sicky sweet for me! :goodvibes

I agree!! Thank you!

Those fries (or chips... hahah) look SO GOOD. Oh man. Yum. I'm going to stop now...

The Cars section looks so cute at night! It's just cute in general I guess, hahah. I can't wait to see that whole resort in person!

YAY FOR YOUR SECOND DAY! Hahah that was one long arrival day! :lmao:

They really are amazing! :goodvibes

You will love that resort! It's very you from what I gather from your TRs! LOL!

I know right!? Jeez, it's taking a very long time, but that's because I have so many pictures and there's nothing wrong with that! ;) Right?? :laughing:

Emma - subbing to your TR. It looks like its going to be a great one!

Thank you! Welcome!

I was off the DIS for a few weeks and I totally missed the start of your TR!!! :scared1:

Sooooo sorry about that! But I'm all caught up now! :thumbsup2 And of course ready for more!

AoA looks so awesome! Part of me regrets not trying to book a room there. There's always next trip! And I'm sure once I see your pictures of POR I'll want to stay there, too!! :lmao:

I LOVE to resort hop! Not that we get to do it very often, but I totally plan to on our upcoming trip!

And that brownie your mom got looks awesome!! :bitelip: I may have to bake some tonight!

Your apartment is incredible! I would kill for a view like that!! Where exactly do you live?

Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

No worries!! It happens! :goodvibes

It is a great resort! I really want to stay there someday!

Resort hopping is a great option for non-park days! It's free! ::yes:: And fun!!!

Thank you! It was literally right place at the right time kind of thing! And I go to school in New Hampshire, and my apartment is 10 minutes away. I actually LIVE live in central Vermont- about an hour and a half away.

Life Update
for September 21, 2012- September 23, 2012

Hello everyone! Mom and I are just getting off a busy busy weekend! To keep you all in the loop, I figured that I should let you know what's been going on!My cousin got married on Saturday...in Cleveland, Ohio!

And being a good DISer, I took many many pictures! ;)

Well, it started Friday afternoon at about 1:45pm when my sociology of the family professor ended class. I picked up my books, not bothering to pack them, and sprinted out the door, down the steps, and across campus to my car. My DBF was waiting for me (I was going to drive him home for the weekend, so he was not stuck at school by himself) and we stopped at Dunk'n Donuts before hopping on the Interstate and driving swiftly (possibly too quickly) home.

Why were we in such a hurry you ask? Well, my plane was departing at exactly 5:19pm from Burlington, VT which is about 45 minutes to an hour away from home. Home is about and hour and a half from school. Doing the math, that means I was in a BIG hurry!!! I kept saying the whole time, I'm boarding a plane in two hours.... :faint:

After getting home in record time, I barely slowed down to drop off my DBF, and sped to my mom's house (about 15 min away). I don't think I've moved so quickly in my life when I arrived home, throwing my bags in the car and running upstairs to make a necessary bathroom break!

We were in the car and heading to the airport by 3:30pm. :thumbsup2 Phew!

We got to the airport, said goodbye to step dad, and headed right to security since we had checked in online. We were through very quickly, and we got to our gate, and sat down and waited. And waited. And waited. Boarding time was 4:42, yet it was getting closer to 4:45 and there was no plane or United agent at the gate. We kept checking the screen, but it assured us we were at gate 3 and the plane was on time. Other people were getting concerned too! So strange! Luckliy mom went to get some snacks, and I was standing between the gates, and I heard a call for a flight to Cleveland. Lo and behold it was ours! :faint: Thank goodness I wasn't paying attention to mom's transaction! :rotfl: We hurried over to gate 8, and boarded the plane Phew!

Once on the plane, I realized once again how much being over six feet tall is a bummer when traveling. This thing was TINY! I mean, it was the type with one seat on one side and two on the other. I couldn't stand up straight in the aisle, and my knees were crammed into the seat in front of me! :( Luckily it was only an hour and half flight, and I kept myself busy by reading for my pcychology of the child class.

We got off the plane, and got our rental car (a Nissan Altima with a push to start!!!)

IMG_2194_zpsae6f8666.jpg

without much hastle. I used my iPhone as a GPS, and we made it to our hotel in about 30 minutes. It had started raining pretty heavily, so it was difficult to see in the dark, but we made it!

IMG_1917_zpsf21e3f5d.jpg

My aunt who lives in New Hampshire (Aunt B) had driven out that morning and was already at the hotel. We got checked in by a very nice young man, and made our way to the room. Aunt B met us in our room, and we decided on a place for dinner. We decided to try Bahama Breeze because we never had, and it looked really good!

It was!! It was such a cool restaurant, and the food was really yummy!

IMG_1909_zpscab19874.jpg

I was a bad DISer, and I only took a picture of the appetizer which was onion rings battered with coconut! :love: The sauces were fruity and amazing! Oh, so good!!!

IMG_1910_zps97d16b55.jpg

I had ribs which were so unbelievably good, but there were so many! It was a full rack, and I couldn't finish it! I felt so bad, but it was amazing! Mom had something with fried chicken, and really tasty potatoes or something. I don't remember what Aunt B had, but I know it was really good!

This was the waiting area! It was so beachy and cute!

IMG_1911_zps6694302e.jpg

IMG_1912_zpsa9e4caa1.jpg

IMG_1914_zps314f84d5.jpg

It was so close to our hotel too! We just walked right over!

I did take pictures of our room, but it wasn't before we got settled a bit, so our stuff is in the pictures.

IMG_1922_zps2a773c4f.jpg

IMG_1923_zps6fc13014.jpg

IMG_1924_zps7cd9fe55.jpg

IMG_1925_zpsb5657029.jpg

IMG_1927_zps85d9e869.jpg

IMG_1928_zps9801428e.jpg

IMG_1926_zps37f3ef95.jpg

Nothing too special! It was clean, and there was hot water, which is really all that counts!

Oh, and there's a mirrored ceiling in the elevator! I thought it was the coolest thing!

IMG_1920_zpsba92ae20.jpg

We went to bed quickly, but not before deciding to head to the mall in the morning to look for shoes for me. Those beds are COMFY! I wish I could've brought one home with me!

Continued in Next Post

Life Update
for September 21, 2012- September 23, 2012 part II

The next morning (Saturday) we were up to a bright and early start at 8:00am. We got ready, a bit too quickly, and waited till about 9 or so to go down to breakfast.

IMG_1918_zps159a0f90.jpg

IMG_1919_zps116d9c4d.jpg

Aunt B ate with us, but stayed at the hotel while we went to the mall. The mall was only about 5 minutes away according to my map, but it actually took us about 10 because of the traffic. The first thing I saw was...

IMG_1932_zps6402c13b.jpg

:bitelip: ::yes:: :hyper:

REAL shopping!!!!!

Obviously, way out of our price range, but it's always fun to pretend! ;)

The rest of the few hours was a blur, running into stores trying to find a nice pair of shoes (in my size) which was not easy! Needless to say we didn't find anything. :( We ate lunch in the food court- I had subway (six inch Italian bread with turkey, provolone, avocado, spinach, tomato, mayo, and salt and pepper- my usual!) and mom had a really yummy grilled chicken Mediterranean meal. We had to eat quickly, though because we were running late!

We had to be at the church by 1:30 because I was doing a reading, and they wanted me there ahead of time, so I could be told what to do. The hotel was about 10 minutes away from the church, and we still needed to get ready and pick up Aunt B. It was nearing 12:25, and we finished up our meals and got in the car. Traffic slowed us down a lot, but by the time we were in our room it was about 12:45! We scrambled to get ready, and were finished by 1:05! A new record!!! Aunt B knocked on our door, and we hustled into the car, and made it to the church EARLY! :lmao:

The groom's family arrived first (as they made up about 95% of the guests), and I met my Aunt K for the first time! She lives in Michigan, and drove to the wedding. Soon Aunt D arrived (mother of the bride) and my cousin Sarah (the bride) and cousin Jessie (her sisiter and the maid of honor) arrived. I was debriefed on what I was to do, and we were seated.

It was a beautiful church!

IMG_1935_zpsf850464c.jpg

IMG_1940_zps6c69f315.jpg

My Aunt D and the bride! :goodvibes

IMG_1949_zps3126b555.jpg

IMG_1950_zps276a0bdc.jpg

IMG_1984_zps42330a79.jpg

IMG_2014_zps93095b7c.jpg

Yay!!!!

IMG_2031_zpsd359dc48.jpg

We left the ceremony, and headed for the reception. The area was so pretty! It reminded me a lot of a Vermont touristy place! It was held at a winery, and the layout of tables was a bit strange, but I’m sure it would have been a lot nicer if it hadn’t of rained so hard!

Name cards

IMG_2047_zps9df84cef.jpg

Since there were only a few of us from the bride’s family, we got to sit at table 3 which was right next to the wedding party!

IMG_2058_zps56f8b730.jpg

IMG_2061_zpsf2afeb89.jpg

The menu- everything was really really good!!!!

IMG_2059_zps7dde678f.jpg

IMG_2060_zps0a180b67.jpg

We had to make a pitstop in the bathroom, and on the way we saw the cake!

IMG_2049_zps8982ddeb.jpg

The bathroom was tiny!!! But it was really pretty, and I loved the sinks!! LOL!

IMG_2056_zps9e2ee74a.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Life Update
for September 21, 2012- September 23, 2012 part III

After our bathroom break, we went outside to check out the landscape.

IMG_2064_zps4e29e260.jpg

IMG_2065_zpsc3eb8553.jpg

IMG_2066_zpsfba1c02d.jpg

The staff soon brought the appetizer table out. O.M.G. it looked wonderful!

IMG_2068_zps57f3d0c0.jpg

IMG_2071_zpsb9c353d8.jpg

IMG_2073_zps8575c5c3.jpg

IMG_2075_zps005437c2.jpg

IMG_2078_zpsf2c90ca3.jpg

IMG_2082_zps117501a1.jpg

IMG_2083_zps5649c8dc.jpg

IMG_2199_zpscccc6060.jpg

IMG_2085_zps2e43894d.jpg

By far, my favorite picture of the night!

IMG_2198_zps9f99af93.jpg

IMG_2203_zps334c32be.jpg

IMG_2087_zpsee8412cb.jpg

IMG_2202_zpsf91de9ad.jpg

Then mom decided to have a photo shoot!

IMG_2243_zpsfda25009.jpg

IMG_2246_zpse6e649b7.jpg

IMG_2247_zps2bcf7e85.jpg

IMG_2251_zps923a1cc8.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Don't miss the first three updates on page 10!

Life Update
for September 21, 2012- September 23, 2012 part IV
Last one, I promise!!

And my favorite:

IMG_2252_zps5dad9a17.jpg

During the picture taking, cousin Sarah had left her bouquet on our table… of course mom and I had to play with it!

IMG_2256_zps37d3b820.jpg

IMG_2257_zps3b287530.jpg

Our first course was a really yummy salad.

IMG_2152_zps1b409dba.jpg

The entrée was buffet style including chicken and lamb as well as lasagna and potatoes and… here, read for yourself!! LOL!

IMG_2158_zps189953d9.jpg

It was reeeeaaaally good, but unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of my plate! I did however get a picture of my piece of cake which was delicious also!

IMG_2160_zpsd17d229d.jpg

After everyone had finished their cake, tables were removed, and the dancing started! Not before grabbing a cup of this yummy beverage! Coffee!!!

IMG_2162_zpse5dd8e79.jpg

IMG_2166_zps7c4372cb.jpg

It was a really great time, and we didn’t end up leaving until close to 10:00pm. We made it back to the hotel, and crashed! We were very tired, and we had another long day tomorrow!

Sunday morning we were up by 8:00am, and packed up everything and met Aunt B by 9:15am to head over to the Bob Evans near our hotel.

IMG_2210_zpsa2ec5992.jpg

We were meeting my aunts for breakfast! It was Mom, myself, Aunt B, Aunt K, and Aunt D and it was a really nice time! I can’t remember the name of what I ordered, but I do remember how funny it was when the waitress gave us all so many options when we were ordering! It felt like a game show!

IMG_2207_zps1186910e.jpg

IMG_2209_zps48e09d02.jpg

The pancakes and bacon were my favorite!!

After spending a good couple hours with our family it was time to say goodbye for now! :(

After one last picture we hit the road.

IMG_2213_zpsaa3b6398.jpg

And it was raining! Hard!

IMG_2214_zpsfafad240.jpg

It’s hard to see in that picture, but it was tough to keep our stuff dry! We returned our car and hopped onto the shuttle that brought us to the airport. It was only about 11:30 or so, so we still had quite a while until our plane left at 3:17pm.

The aunts were going to the Rock’n Roll Hall of Fame, and we were sad we couldn’t stay longer, but we visited the RnR HoF store in the airport! LOL!

IMG_2217_zps46a1bc11.jpg

We spent our time strolling through shops, especially the ones that had Ohio State stuff!! Go Bucks!

IMG_2219_zpsaf3b27f8.jpg

I mean look at the wittle track suit!!!!!!!!!! Awwww!!!

IMG_2220_zps9bba1dcc.jpg

We meandered around for a while until we started feeling a bit hungry. We stopped at this place called Curritos…. OMG, it was delicious! I had the best Nutella smoothie with bananas in it! I loved it!! We shared a Mediterranean burrito which was also strangely delicious in all the right ways!! Just lovely!

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

After our lunch, we decided it was time to find our gate. We hiked for what seemed like miles, but we found it and waited for our plane to arrive.

We made it home safely, and I drove back to the apartment later that night.

All in all, it was a great, but very quick, trip! Sarah was a beautiful bride and the wedding was just gorgeous! It was great to see our family again, and the people in the Midwest are so friendly!

What a fun trip!

Love where the reception was held - very beautiful.

Having lived in Columbus, OH for four years and Indianapolis for three years, became a BIG fan of Bob Evans! Fortunately, we have a couple here in Northern Virginia - I always get the Farmer's Breakfast which looks like what you got!:thumbsup2

The other food I really miss is Donatos Pizza which there's none to be found on this side of the country. So whenever I go to OH to visit the in laws, I always pig out on Donatos.

Oh lord that sounds stressful. I hate how airports play mind games with you! That's happened to me before too.

I love how excited you are about the push to start in your car. I have a Prius so it comes naturally to me, I forget how excited people can get about it! Hahah!

The church and your cousin's dress are beautiful!

I'm sorry, a Nutella... SMOOTHIE??? OH WOW that sounds so good!!!!

Great life update, Em! It was soooo much fun to be with family again after so long! Unfortunately, we are all pretty scattered so we don't see each other that often. Our brother is in Germany now, but coming back stateside soon, so all of us will at least be on the same continent for once in about 20 years!

Yes, Dave, it sure is nice to be around real food again! We literally have nothing around here, so when we visit civilization, that's one of the things we look forward to (I know, it's pretty bad, but hey.) And YES, that Nutella shake was OUT OF THIS WORLD. My goodness, I'd be 500 pounds if I lived out there! Hahaha! Anyway, it was a great weekend and we were sad to leave the Midwestern part of the family.

What a fun trip!

Love where the reception was held - very beautiful.

Having lived in Columbus, OH for four years and Indianapolis for three years, became a BIG fan of Bob Evans! Fortunately, we have a couple here in Northern Virginia - I always get the Farmer's Breakfast which looks like what you got!:thumbsup2

The other food I really miss is Donatos Pizza which there's none to be found on this side of the country. So whenever I go to OH to visit the in laws, I always pig out on Donatos.

It was a great trip!! Bob Evans was delicious, and I'm pretty sure I did get the Farmer's Breakfast!! :goodvibes

Hmm, I've never had a Donatos Pizza yet- I'll keep my eye out!!

Oh lord that sounds stressful. I hate how airports play mind games with you! That's happened to me before too.

I love how excited you are about the push to start in your car. I have a Prius so it comes naturally to me, I forget how excited people can get about it! Hahah!

The church and your cousin's dress are beautiful!

I'm sorry, a Nutella... SMOOTHIE??? OH WOW that sounds so good!!!!

I do too! It's stressful enough already, and then they go and do that!!

:lmao: Really?! That's awesome!! It was such a change for us! Mom kept forgetting to shut it off!! :rotfl:

It was amazing! It had Nutella, skim milk, yogurt, and bananas, and OMG I could have a gallon of that stuff!!!!

Great life update, Em! It was soooo much fun to be with family again after so long! Unfortunately, we are all pretty scattered so we don't see each other that often. Our brother is in Germany now, but coming back stateside soon, so all of us will at least be on the same continent for once in about 20 years!

Yes, Dave, it sure is nice to be around real food again! We literally have nothing around here, so when we visit civilization, that's one of the things we look forward to (I know, it's pretty bad, but hey.) And YES, that Nutella shake was OUT OF THIS WORLD. My goodness, I'd be 500 pounds if I lived out there! Hahaha! Anyway, it was a great weekend and we were sad to leave the Midwestern part of the family.

Thanks! It really was!! :goodvibes

The food was delicious! :lovestruc

Yep....you're a true Dis'er!!! Life update with 'resort' pics, food pics :laughing: Love it!!! By the way...love yall's lake view home (apartment). Awesome!!! Must be nice to wake up each morning with such a serene view. Kinda like being on vacation every day;)

Keep the pics coming!!!
Heather

Yep....you're a true Dis'er!!! Life update with 'resort' pics, food pics :laughing: Love it!!! By the way...love yall's lake view home (apartment). Awesome!!! Must be nice to wake up each morning with such a serene view. Kinda like being on vacation every day;)

Keep the pics coming!!!
Heather

:rotfl2:I'm constantly like wait, I should take a picture of that! :rotfl2: Oh, the life of a DISer! ;) We love it!!!! It's been rainy for the past several days, but it's still such a serene view!

Checking Out to Check In
June 21, 2012

We woke up bright and early this morning because we had to check in at Port Orleans French Quarter before going to the parks. Mom was up at 5:00am, and I was up a bit before 6:00am. We got ready and were out the door but 6:15am! Woo! That’s close to a record for me! I WAS in Disney for crying out loud! It was already really muggy that morning, and it was really cool being up before everyone else! It was so quiet and tranquil.

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

We decided to take a taxi over to POFQ to check in. That was a really smart move because it saved us a lot of time. Yay!!! We’re home!

IMG_1261.jpg

Let the Memories Begin!

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_0924-1.jpg

IMG_0923-1.jpg

I was so happy to be back!!

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

I just love this fountain so much! I took a ridiculous amount of pictures of it!

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

Up next: empty turnstiles and angry mobs!

You don't want to miss this!! :lmao:

Lovely wedding photos... Beautiful reception venue...:goodvibes You know you really are a Diser (as previously stated by Heather) when you're doing real life updates... complete with Photos...;)

Ahhhh.... Port Orleans was the first hotel on property I stayed at... and I have incredibly fond memories of it... it's so pretty...

Hmmm empty turnstiles and angry mobs sounds a little ... scary... kind of French Revolution like... storming the Bastille and all of that...:confused3

Yay for Port Orleans! We LOVE it so much - Emma and I couldn't WAIT to get over there. I love early mornings at WDW when there are only a few people out and about. It has its own magic The CM who checked us in was from Belgium and was so nice! That morning was so much fun! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter