DDE- Question about name on card

emma'smom

<font color=magenta>P.S. Who would serve turnips a
We're ordering a DDE card for our two upcoming trips and I have a few questions:

1- It looks like only one person can be named on the card (and that a spouse's card costs extra). Does this mean that the person whose name is on the card must match the name on the reservation?

2-Does the person whose name is on the card need to actually pay for the meal?

The issue is that my dh usually pays for our meals on trips (so it would make sense to get the card in his name). However, I am taking my dd's to the Playhouse Disney Lunch without DH because he will be at a conference. I will want to use the DDE card. So, then I would assume I would need to have the card in my name. However, I won't be paying for most of the other meals on the trip (and they need to be placed on his card for business purposes- to document his meals).

The answer to both questions is no.

When I go with several people, the reservation may or may not be in my name. However, when the check is presented I will give my DDE card to the server, who will come back with a modified bill.

Depending on the group, we may pay in cash or one person, not necessarily me, will present their credit card and we will then settle with that person.

I have never tried to present both my DDE card and someone elses credit card together.

I used the DDE card at a food court at an all stars resort. They wanted my photo ID along with the card and I had to pay for the transaction. This has happened twice to me at counter service. The other time was at AK Tusker House. I have never been asked for ID at table service.

I have not had to show ID. But my name is on my DDE and debit card.
In your case iy would b best to havethe card under your name.

The ADR dpes not have to be under the DDE member's name.
And the DDE member does not have to pay for the meal.
But the DDE member needs to be present.
I would be very surprised a server would not ask for ID if the names were different between the DDE card and the card used for payment.

Last year we had the cards in both my name and DH's name (this is when is was free to get a second card.) This year, we just put it in my name, but a few times when DH ran out to get a snack while I stayed in the room or at the pool or whatever... I would have him take the DDE card w/my name on it, and he used it w/no problem.

Also, we have used the card with guests and they paid w/their credit card, and we presented or DDE with the bill, and the server never even asked if I was present at the table.

I just want to add if you and DH have the same last name, i would be surprised if he went to use the card and showed ID with his name on it, that they would give him a hard time. I am not saying they will or won't...but I would be surprised.

I used the DDE card at a food court at an all stars resort. They wanted my photo ID along with the card and I had to pay for the transaction. This has happened twice to me at counter service. The other time was at AK Tusker House. I have never been asked for ID at table service.

I was asked for photo ID at POP food court as well. And I have occasionally been asked for ID at table service restaurants.

I have used the card when other folks paid for the meal with credit card, but was asked for photo ID.

At $25 for the extra card, at 20%, you need to eat meals totaling $125 during the year to break even.

Technically, if you were allowed to use DHs card, they wouldn't ask you to pay extra to get one in your name. That said, you may not be challenged. I have been asked for photo ID and even ran into trouble when my last name changed so my DDE didn't match my ID. Other people haven't had any problem at all. If you try to use a card in DHs name, just be prepared to pay full price OOP if you're not allowed to use the card.

It sounds like getting the card in your name would solve the problem, though. You can use it when you're with DH, even if it's his credit card you pay with, and you can use it when he's not present without worrying about it.

Enjoy!

Thanks...it does sound like it is better to get the card in my name. I kept my own last name when we married...so we do have different last names which would only add to the confusion. We don't have any meals schduled where I am not present, so this should be fine. Thanks!

I used the DDE card for only one trip so far , and was asked for id at TS about half the time.

Either way I never had a problem with or without ID.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter