DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hello All,

I disappeared for a couple of weeks but it's not all my fault...

School started for The Kid on the 14th and things have been absolutely crazy. She has 5 classes each day (1 honors and 1 AP) , dance class 2 days a week, after school drama 2 days a week, girl scouts, church, and a job 2 days a week. Just getting her where she needs to be on time is a challenge. I'm going to install a taxi meter in my car. By the time I get home at night, the last thing I want to do is look at a computer (even if it is to chat you you fine folks).

Work has slowed down for everyone but me. With the slower time right now, I am trying to get caught up on paperwork in a manner that does not include a large bonfire in the parking lot. This has involved much hair pulling and coffee.

On the home front, earlier this Spring, I built a nice wooden cover over our back patio. Now, The Better Half has decided that what would really make the thing perfect is 2 coats of stain and some lights since it is now getting dark earlier. After 2 coats of stain, running electricity, and hanging lights, I have to agree (but don't tell her that). Last night she decided the patio could really use some speakers and plants. She has already mentioned a projector and screen next summer.... and has hinted that the lawn would look nice if it was regraded and reseeded.

That's enough procrastinating at work for now. Enjoy your Friday everyone.

She has 5 classes each day (1 honors and 1 AP) , dance class 2 days a week, after school drama 2 days a week, girl scouts, church, and a job 2 days a week.
Kid’s a slacker.
I'm going to install a taxi meter in my car.
Dang! Wish I’d thought of that a few years ago.
On the home front, earlier this Spring, I built a nice wooden cover over our back patio. Now, The Better Half has decided that what would really make the thing perfect is 2 coats of stain and some lights since it is now getting dark earlier. After 2 coats of stain, running electricity, and hanging lights, I have to agree (but don't tell her that). Last night she decided the patio could really use some speakers and plants. She has already mentioned a projector and screen next summer.... and has hinted that the lawn would look nice if it was regraded and reseeded.
:faint:

Hello All,

School started for The Kid on the 14th and things have been absolutely crazy. She has 5 classes each day (1 honors and 1 AP) , dance class 2 days a week, after school drama 2 days a week, girl scouts, church, and a job 2 days a week. Just getting her where she needs to be on time is a challenge. I'm going to install a taxi meter in my car. By the time I get home at night, the last thing I want to do is look at a computer (even if it is to chat you you fine folks).

Work has slowed down for everyone but me. With the slower time right now, I am trying to get caught up on paperwork in a manner that does not include a large bonfire in the parking lot. This has involved much hair pulling and coffee.

I need a nap.

So 2 out of 4 ain’t great… 😒
Agreed. Bacon and Bourbon, I've. Will never do the 3rd and can go to store for #4.

Welcome Home!

I will hold my official judgement until I see it in action but at first blush, I'm not a fan.
First - hundredth blush for me and not a fan. Get off my lawn.

School started for The Kid on the 14th and things have been absolutely crazy. She has 5 classes each day (1 honors and 1 AP) , dance class 2 days a week, after school drama 2 days a week, girl scouts, church, and a job 2 days a week. Just getting her where she needs to be on time is a challenge. I'm going to install a taxi meter in my car.
Been there, done that...didn't want the Tshirt.

In honor of the Chief
Bacon, Dole Whips, Beers, & Mickey Ears
Now you're talking, but the bourbon was okay. Dole whips with rum, right?

Morning all from a wet NB.

Not much on the go today. Province put some restrictions on again yesterday, nothing too onerous just masks, reduced group sizes at private gatherings, mandated vaccines for public events, stuff like that. Closest Covid has been for us as DW has had a confirmed case in her school. There have been a number of cases in students since school started and many of them in the under 12 group.

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

Mornin', fellas! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Spent most of yesterday running around doing errands and what not. I think I mentioned that I bought a truck from a friend's estate. Good little Mazda B2300 pickup. It has 171K on it and paid only $100 for it. The truck engine is in excellent shape, even after sitting for over a year. Had to get the parking break fixed, but outside that all is good with the truck. So on to yesterday. Took the truck to the inspection place to get it inspected, and it failed. It failed not because of the engine or anything mechanical, but because the right rear panel just above the tire rusted and poses a danger to people walking by the truck. Ok, so I need to go get one of those plastic flare side panel things I can screw on to fix the problem, the guy who inspected the truck mentioned that. After the inspection, I ran around to a few auto parts places to see if anyone had one, no one did, but I at least tried. I'll look around the internet and order it from there...as soon as I can figure out the right name. Anyways. I then went with the DD to get a new fish tank and some swag for the tank. Outside that, spent the rest of the day at home doing laundry and watching the Star Wars marathon on TV. Have a good day, fellas, and we'll chat later.

Good morning gentlemen! I hope everyone is doing well. How do you guys like this new Genie+?

:wave:

Welcome Home!

I will hold my official judgement until I see it in action but at first blush, I'm not a fan.

There's some talk, ok, might be a little, but some talk, that this might help the lines some. The fast pass lines have gotten long, from what I've heard, haven't been down in a while, so I wouldn't know from first hand experience, so I'm wondering if this might lighten things up a little. It might, and if it does, I might be more open to the idea of it, but, like you said, I'll hold judgement until it's in full operation.

Hello All,

I need a nap.

Yeah, like declansdad said, I need a nap.

There's some talk, ok, might be a little, but some talk, that this might help the lines some. The fast pass lines have gotten long, from what I've heard, haven't been down in a while, so I wouldn't know from first hand experience, so I'm wondering if this might lighten things up a little. It might, and if it does, I might be more open to the idea of it, but, like you said, I'll hold judgement until it's in full operation.

I didn't realize they had started using the FP again, they weren't when they reopened. As for making lines shorter, maybe physically shorter but I don't see it making wait times shorter. There will still be the same amount of people boarding the attraction.

Morning, folks. Happy Sunday.
(Or as it's known here, this particular week, Tuesday.)

I think I mentioned that I bought a truck from a friend's estate. Good little Mazda B2300 pickup. It has 171K on it and paid only $100 for it. The truck engine is in excellent shape, even after sitting for over a year. Had to get the parking break fixed, but outside that all is good with the truck
Not bad! Too bad it failed inspection, but sounds like a fairly easy fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter